PDA

View Full Version : Yeti specifications revised

NotYet
05-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Skoda Australia have posted a revised brochure on the Skoda Yeti web site (http://skodayeti.com.au/). The most significant changes I can see are:

Three additional colours are available (Malachite Green, Terracotta Orange and Rosso Brunello)
Off-road technology ("Hill Start Assist, Hill Descent Assist, and off-road modes for ABS, ASR and EDS") is no longer a standard feature on 103TDI AWD but is now an option
MDI (i.e. iPod connection) is no longer listed as an available option
Leather uphostery is listed as an option on 103TDI AWD
There is an option for "Sound system" (whatever that means) on 103TDI AWD

Recommended prices for options are not specified.

In NZ the off-road mode is a $NZ200 option on the AWD model. If similarly priced, you would expect everyone would tick it. I think it is rather mean to have removed it as a standard feature.

Jake02
05-10-2011, 11:05 PM
There is an option for "Sound system" (whatever that means) on 103TDI AWD

The 'Sound System' is the 12-speaker system that has been standard on top-spec Octavias in NZ for years and I'm glad they're finally introducing here (though I hope it comes with a better radio) as it's an option box I would definitely tick. A white 103TDI with xenons, off-road, sound system with a black panoramic roof is rather appealing!

K1W1
08-10-2011, 06:45 PM
A white 103TDI with xenons, off-road, sound system with a black panoramic roof is rather appealing!

Have you owned a car with a panoramic sunroof Jake? In my experience it's something most people only do once.

Jake02
08-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Have you owned a car with a panoramic sunroof Jake? In my experience it's something most people only do once.

Yep, mum had a Peugeot 308 XTS for about 12 months at one stage and we absolutely loved it (well the roof anyway). The grandparents live in Coffs Harbour and we always take the back way at the end of the trip and at night the roof was stunning. It wasn't too hot in summer either surprisingly. I'm an exception to the rule :).

UK Yeti
05-01-2012, 02:48 AM

Well I know it is not as warm up here in the UK as down in OZ, BUT it can get pretty muggy and warm in London. The highest I've ever seen in my car here was 41 degrees C (back in 2003) but normally we can get up to 30 or so. I've had two cars now with sunroofs and the secret to a sunroof is to leave it on tilt when you park it in the sun. Warm air rises and thus escapes through the opening. You will be totally surprised how much cooler a car is with the roof on tilt vs leaving it closed. Even if it is 50 outside it can get far, far hotter than that inside and therefore you will ALWAYS have heat escaping and never have heat coming in.

What I do hate with a passion though is cars that have a fixed sunroof like the Nissan Dualis, Peugeots and such like. You get all the heat gain of a sunroof but you can't let it out! Doh. Some cars can also ONLY tilt! Look at the sunroof on the just replaced BMW 6-series, the VW Scirocco and the Passat CC. They can't open BUT they can tilt a few inches for this very reason.

So in my book I'd never ever buy a car WITHOUT a sunroof in a hot country like Australia. So Jake02 your idea of a perfect Yeti is spot on!

NotYet
09-01-2012, 08:55 AM
So in my book I'd never ever buy a car WITHOUT a sunroof in a hot country like Australia. So Jake02 your idea of a perfect Yeti is spot on!

Is this the same Johann who is the Briskoda legend? Welcome to this little forum.

I don't have a sunroof on my Yeti, but one little feature I like is the ability to open all the windows with the remote fob. That helps let the heat out.

woofy
09-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I find on most days the normal VAG sunroof in my RS Octy is fine to leave as is, and the vents let heat out so fast its not funny on tilt or even open if there is no really hot direct sun. It just whooshes out the minute you move and good for having the A/C on. In direct mid summer heat I leave it tilted with the interior shade shut. It can vent but I don't get the heat coming in.....A Panoramic would be hotter if you can't vent or shade at times.

brad
09-01-2012, 01:27 PM
I've had a Cabrio & 2 cars with standard size sunroofs.

The sunroofs don't really float my boat.

I used to put the roof of the Cabrio down all the time in Autumn, Winter & Spring but Summer is generally too hot.

UK Yeti
09-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Is this the same Johann who is the Briskoda legend? Welcome to this little forum.

I don't have a sunroof on my Yeti, but one little feature I like is the ability to open all the windows with the remote fob. That helps let the heat out.

I won't say legend no... but yes it is I. :blushing:

Opening the windows help yes, but the car will still be much warmer as you set off than one that never had the heat build up in the first place (with its sunroof open on tilt). I've never gone to the trouble of measuring the temperature difference in my car in leaving it open and shut but believe me I'm mad at myself when I get back on a super hot day and I've left it parked with sunroof shut by mistake. It is many, MANY times warmer in the car than when I had left the sunroof open a bit.

bluey
05-04-2012, 07:11 AM
Skoda Australia have posted a revised brochure [....]
Off-road technology ("Hill Start Assist, Hill Descent Assist, and off-road modes for ABS, ASR and EDS") is no longer a standard feature on 103TDI AWD but is now an option

Our Yeti TDI is a November 2011 build. It has the off-road technology, but it is not listed in the VAG option codes for the vehicle. I presume that it is part of the standard specification for Australia??

On sunroofs, I sat in a car at the dealer with black roof and panoramic sunroof and could feel the heat streaming through the glass. Looks like sunroofs could be like swimming pools - great new toys and great to get rid of.

UK Yeti
05-04-2012, 06:47 PM
On sunroofs, I sat in a car at the dealer with black roof and panoramic sunroof and could feel the heat streaming through the glass. Looks like sunroofs could be like swimming pools - great new toys and great to get rid of.

Thankfully in the UK the extent of our heat on average is about 30 degrees (we've had a record 40 or so in 2003 but that is very rare). In these temperatures leaving the sunroof on tilt when it is parked is a godsent. Leaves the car nice and cool and MUCH cooler than a car without a sunroof, in which the heat just builds up with nowhere to escape from.