PDA

View Full Version : Much More Motorsport

ginga
04-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Hi guys

I'm part of a small group of people who are looking to start a club/company who run motor sport days for other car clubs. We are only starting out and at the moment there is only 10 people involved but we are looking to get more people interested and come aboard to help run the days. In short you get your CAMS license and start as a volunteer and as you get experience and upgrade your licenses you can get paid on top of general reimbursements (accommodation, food, fuel)

Below is an email I received from Dave (we call him Ned, cause he looks like Ned Flanders) the guy who is heading the project which sums up what it will be to start with and where we want the club to head in the future. So if you are interested please contact me either by email or phone and I can fill you in with as much information as I can.

ryan.morgan87@gmail.com
0401 052 674

Cheers Ryan.

Much More Motorsport
In the past I have been able to enjoy as much track time as I could afford to wear and tear my vehicle by participating as a volunteer. This will work for everyone if it is fair and equitable.
I am prepared to put the time in to this to make it work. Are you?

Concept: To "Build a Team of Skilled People" to devise and run an exciting round of annual National motorsport events.
I shall elaborate on this concept and you will be excited. The key people operating this will be remunerated by a package offered for their time and effort.
Other volunteers will be entitled to reimbursement of costs on a scale recognising their skills levels.
Training by CAMS. Recognition of skills by both CAMS and MMM.
Participant volunteers will also be entitled to track time earned under a points system. (This is necessary so that it is fair.)
Achieving recognised CAMS levels will entitle participants to undergo Club Sprint Instructor Training. Endorsement of Instructors to represent MMM will occur as relevant skills are achieved. Higher levels will be possible.
Initially this whole concept must be based on a club foundation to build up event organising and management skills.
We shall need enthusiasm for the "club focus" to build a solid financial basis for the future if we are to achieve the capital required to hire tracks and eventually own our own club premises and enjoy our motorsport.
In a nutshell this concept offers a way for people without huge financial backing or wealth to enjoy track time, improve their skills and all forms of motorsport from a priveleged involvement. It will only work if those involved see and work towards the end goal.

Management.
There necessary and important are rules to follow for safety as well as handling situations caused by human error and attitudes which need skilled management and organising ability. Motorsport Events don't happen by accident and when the events do become a real thing incidents occur which need trained people to ensure we all have as much serious fun as possible.
You need to become a registered CAMS official as they already have the best motorsport skills training. No point reinventing a wheel.
I have just now checked with CAMS and some of you have passed your online questionaire training.
You need to do this asap(end of this week please) if you have not already. I shall send you a link for registration if you have not commenced any CAMS training in a following email.

Participation:
Upcoming,

Next meeting at The Lev. Date 1900 hrs Thurs 27th Oct. Please each of you bring at least 2 interested people to this meeting. We shall be discussing the groundwork structures and everyone will have a chance to input.
Dyno Day date proposed 26th Nov. 2011. (to be confirmed subject to MPC motorsport commitments). Combined fundraiser for Ryan's treatment and MMM.
Ararat Hillclimb. 18-20th November. Our involvement will start at 6:00 pm Friday 18th. Meals accomodation and some fuel expenses will be covered. This is the first opportunity to gain event organising and participation with your costs paid. Please reply with your availability. Ararat is approx 3.1/4 hrs drive from Melbourne city. Leaving approx 2:00pm Friday would be ideal.
Cruise Social proposed for Sunday the 30th October. See what is on your agenda and let me know. 20+ cars is a good cruise. (There is nothing cruise or social planned for BMWCCV at all)
Overnight weekend away discussion at The Lev meeting for Alpine Cruise planning proposed by Zhi .

Future planning,
Regularity events planning, multi club to the concept to be announced. This is where it all really begins but we need skilled people.

Regards
NED.