PDA

View Full Version : Fabia Monte Carlo

RSwag
02-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Does anyone know if the Monte Carlo loses out on the steering wheel audio controls? I might gave missed something but it appears the base model 77tsi gets it but the Monte doesn't.

Jake02
02-10-2011, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know if the Monte Carlo loses out on the steering wheel audio controls? I might gave missed something but it appears the base model 77tsi gets it but the Monte doesn't.

You're correct because the Monte is the sports model and apparently you're meant to be driving it... Or something...

RSwag
03-10-2011, 07:56 PM
You're correct because the Monte is the sports model and apparently you're meant to be driving it... Or something...

I will resist the urge to highlight how unbelievably ridiculous this is. For this price level in a small car, WTF?!

Jake02
03-10-2011, 08:35 PM
I will resist the urge to highlight how unbelievably ridiculous this is. For this price level in a small car, WTF?!

I agree but I'm sure you could have the same complaint in every country the Monte Carlo is sold because no Monte Carlo has audio controls which is a shame really - Skoda CZ doesn't think of its international customers very well which we really see with the range. I do but not he whole world drive manuals!

It took them so long to have a Scout auto (and now it's only the 2.0TDI, not the 1.8TSI). The only Fabia/Roomster auto available is the 77kW 1.2TSI and there isn't a 90kW 1.4TSI either. The Fabia/Roomster Scout are FWD (WTF?). The Fabia Combi's styling absolutely abominable. Where's the Fabia flair? Where's the Fabia RS TDI/manual? Why does the panoramic roof option on the Roomster, Yeti and Superb Combi has only a pissy cover that still lets light through? Why does the Yeti DSG only come in 77kW 1.2TSI or 103kW 2.0TDI? And why is the 1.8TSI DSG 4x4 is only sold in Eastern Europe with 112kW and a 6 (not 7)-speed DSG. The Superb's top diesel is the 125kW 2.0TDI (where's a V6 TDI?) and why does the 3.6L V6 have only 191kW (the equivalent Passat has 220kW)!? I know Skoda gets the more reliable (aka older) technology from VW but I'm pretty sure that they need to cover all bases, which they currently aren't.

Sorry, they're just things that annoy the hell out of me about Skoda, much more than how Skoda Australia prices them! Lol RSWag I think I've gone to a similar scale?

pologti18t
03-10-2011, 10:06 PM
The Fabia is equivalent to the Polo... I don't remember seeing a Polo 1.4T 90kw model either.
The Fabia scout is FWD as is the Polo model in the same vein.
The is no Fabia RS TDI probably because there is no high powered Polo diesel model. The Fabia RS 1.4 is auto only because the engine in all cars using that platform (polo and seat) are auto as well.

The Monte Carlo has no multifunction steering wheel. As far as I can tell its on option O/S
The Polo GTI's multifunction wheel is standard here but optional overseas. As is cruise control.

Yeti isn't available in the UK with the 1.8L DSG combo either.

Jake02
03-10-2011, 11:21 PM
The Fabia is equivalent to the Polo... I don't remember seeing a Polo 1.4T 90kw model either. I should've criticised the Polo for the same problem but you can get the SEAT Ibiza with the 103kW 2.0TDI and the 110kW 1.4TSI so both the Fabia and Polo should have access to it as the supermini class grows up
The Fabia scout is FWD as is the Polo model in the same vein. Why does it matter that the CrossPolo is FWD too? It should be at least AWD, same with the Fabia
The is no Fabia RS TDI probably because there is no high powered Polo diesel model. The Fabia RS 1.4 is auto only because the engine in all cars using that platform (polo and seat) are auto as well. I should've criticised the Polo/Ibiza for the same problem but the original Fabia RS was diesel and it was a standalone model. I wish the Fabia were more different to the Polo it's based on

The Monte Carlo has no multifunction steering wheel. As far as I can tell its on option O/S
The Polo GTI's multifunction wheel is standard here but optional overseas. As is cruise control. Monte Carlo and GTI aren't the same car. The Fabia RS will have a multifuntion wheel when it arrives

Yeti isn't available in the UK with the 1.8L DSG combo either. - I never limited it to the UK, I'm saying it should be available to everywhere, not just Eastern Europe

Don't get me wrong, I've been Mr Nice Guy on Skoda for years - you can see RSWag/KIWI and I tiffing on them if you look hard enough, but this needed to come out.

pologti18t
04-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Wait a minute... isn't the 110kw 1.4TSI just a lower powered twincharge unit? It's not turbo only like that used in the Golf 90TSI.
And as far as I can see its only used in the 3 door Ibiza sports models. It's only offered with DSG.

The reason that the Fabia, Ibiza and Polo don't have AWD models is because the platform wasn't designed for it. That has come with the latest Audi A1 AWD model. You can only give this chassis AWD if you totally redesign the rear suspension. AWD doesn't seem to be a big selling point in the supermini class.

As for the 118 DSG Yeti... perhaps it's unavailability in the UK points to the fact that they haven't got a RHD version of that model to sell. There could be some engineering difficulty in a RHD version

Transporter
05-10-2011, 07:55 AM
It's most likely the VW dominance there, that's why you get such a limited choices. Shame really. :( I remember my brother in law saying that the Octavia wagon didn't have a rear split seat some time ago, only the Passat had it.

K1W1
14-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Thats the same reason I was given why the Octavia manuals had no steering wheel auto controls.

brad
14-10-2011, 12:05 PM
It's most likely the VW dominance there, that's why you get such a limited choices. Shame really. :( I remember my brother in law saying that the Octavia wagon didn't have a rear split seat some time ago, only the Passat had it.

Octavia wagon doesn't have a split rear seat? I didn't realise that.

K1W1
14-10-2011, 01:11 PM

Somebody also forgot to tell the people who write the owners manuals because mine shows split rear seats on the Octavia wagon.

Transporter
14-10-2011, 01:19 PM

The first one didn't have.

brad
14-10-2011, 01:34 PM
The first one didn't have.
As in the Mk1 that never came to Australia?

Transporter
14-10-2011, 02:30 PM
As in the Mk1 that never came to Australia?

Yes................. :)

woofy
14-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Awkward.....moving on...

MJKooLio
02-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Sat in the Fabia Monte Carlo in a dealership..l red one Nce! BUT the window was wide open in each door and the door closing sounded so horrible! Nothing inside the door panelling like my Citroen (which Im getting rid of as Ive got a Polo GTI, well in my hands on Tuesday!)

I was impressed with how it looked but disappointed to hear the dealer say the first two gears in manual aren't so well put together... And it's not a vRS! That's coming in March or even later in 2012!! Will it be the same as my Polo GTI??

Anyone know the quality of the Fabia?

brad
03-01-2012, 08:19 AM
I was impressed with how it looked but disappointed to hear the dealer say the first two gears in manual aren't so well put together... And it's not a vRS! That's coming in March or even later in 2012!! Will it be the same as my Polo GTI??

Anyone know the quality of the Fabia?
Not sure what you mean by "first 2 gears aren't well put together" - do you mean the ratios aren't well matched? I doubt they'd be any different to the equivalent Polo. Must be a dumb salesman to give a potential customer negative features on a vehicle.

Quality of the Fabia? Same as other Skodas I'd think - ie: generally slightly better than a VW.

Lucas_R
18-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Regarding the first 2 gears - i don't understand what the dealer meant, but the Polo has a 6 speed manual whereas the Fabia has a 5 speed manual.

The quality of the Skoda's seems really nice - much better than the equivalent Japanese cars in most cases. (like Mazda 2 / Suzuki Swift etc)

I also sat in a Fabia Monte Carlo on the weekend (Skoda Newcastle - my brother works there as salesman) and they are pretty cool. I know the vRS model is still a few months away, but i think the MonteCarlo would have been better if they had either upped the power a bit or perhaps fitted the 1.4 TSI (90kw) engine. The Monte Carlo looks good but doesn't quite have the go to match the show in my opinion. Won't be long and you will be able to tune them though....

Not sure what you mean by "first 2 gears aren't well put together" - do you mean the ratios aren't well matched? I doubt they'd be any different to the equivalent Polo. Must be a dumb salesman to give a potential customer negative features on a vehicle.

Quality of the Fabia? Same as other Skodas I'd think - ie: generally slightly better than a VW.