PDA

View Full Version : Grand Final Yeti Ad - Wooooow!!

RSwag
01-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Just saw the Yeti ad on TV while waiting for the bounce. They have used the ad from o/s and it is f&&king awesome. Very impressive for a teaser into the market and gives some hope they have finally realized that they were spending the advertising budget on the wrong pathways.

Although I still believe the 1.2tsi with no options and manual only us a disaster BUT at very least that ad will get done bodies onto the showroom floor and the sales person (if they are worth a pinch of s$&t) can try and convert to other models e.g. Octavia.

Really well done, maybe some light at the end of that tunnel :-)

Jake02
01-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Although I still believe the 1.2tsi with no options and manual only us a disaster BUT...

You know the 77TSI can be had with the 7-speed DSG right?

The skodayeti.com.au website is up now too and I've noticed that the 77TSI comes with black exterior door handles and mirrors. FAIL to Skoda Australia; they really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with the 77! The colour selection is very good however.

Good to see it's a great ad but what happens in it lol?

RSwag
01-10-2011, 08:21 PM
You know the 77TSI can be had with the 7-speed DSG right? The yeti.com.au website is up now too and I've noticed that the 77TSI comes with black exterior door handles and mirrors. FAIL to Skoda Australia! They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with the 77! However, the colour selection is seriously fantastic!

Good to see it's a great ad - but which ad lol? What happens in it?

Hi Jake,

Yeah I know there's a DSG but the whisper was they wouldn't haven't any at launch apparently Manuals for the foreseable future. Maybe you can correct me on this if I'm off the mark a bit, as for the ad it was the one where the Yeti (as in the abdominal snow man that is) chases the automotive Yeti across country to the city and then back to home. A young girl then gets out if the car and growls at the Yeti as he hides in the bushes.

Really good ad and I'm astounded they ran it during grand final, astounded but excited that it may indicate a change in direction for the better

wai
01-10-2011, 09:45 PM
It was an interesting ad, and is a very interesting vehicle. I know a colleague of mine is going through asking whether he should have waited before getting his Subaru Forester.

The thing though is that there has to be follow up ad's. No point is just showing it during the Grand Final. This is where the ad's following the Tour de France went wrong. There was no real follow up.

Jake02
02-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah I know there's a DSG but the whisper was they wouldn't haven't any at launch apparently Manuals for the foreseable future. Maybe you can correct me on this if I'm off the mark a bit, as for the ad it was the one where the Yeti (as in the abdominal snow man that is) chases the automotive Yeti across country to the city and then back to home. A young girl then gets out if the car and growls at the Yeti as he hides in the bushes.

Oh okay, that makes sense and I agree, it makes the 77TSI even more irrelevant in my opinion. The 77TSI should be at least be the 90TSI and to be honest the 112TSI can't come soon enough! And yeah I've seen the ad now too, it's quite clever actually :).