PDA

View Full Version : The macAmarok

maca
25-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Friday afternoon came and we finally picked up our new Amarok Limited Edition (a strange mix of all three models) which will be replacing our little Renault Kangoo as our work car. The main feature that sold us was the capability to fit a pallet in the tray along with the badge and the looks and the ability to go off road (the Kangoo never really fared well off the tarmac). It's Natural Grey - the only colour available in the LE model... But that's ok, it'll look great towing a Platinum Grey Jetta on a trailer ;)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/09/Amarok1-2.jpg

The height difference:
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/09/Amarokheight-2.jpg

I've alreade removed the "AMAROK", "TDI" and "4motion" badges off the tailgate and have a few other mods to make it look a little beefy. I plan on taking it off-road so I'll be doing a one/two day off roading course in mid-late October should anyone be interested. I'll be putting a thread up with the details shortly.

--EDIT-- I'm a little disappointed after plugging my VAG com cable into it to find that I get the "No response from controller" message every time I try and tap into a module. Would anyone be able to shed some light on this?

calibrated
26-09-2011, 04:19 PM
NMG VW? Deal with Matt?

Silver dub
26-09-2011, 06:39 PM
1 Vote for some "BIG" muddies and another Vote for some Massive Spottys on the roof.

team_v
26-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I fid it dissapointing that on the special edition model you don't even get a colour coded front bumper.

Looks freaking huge next to the jetta though.
Might even claim the "heighest" vehicle award at our Euro meets now :P

It does need more compotent tyres if you are going off road in it though.

calibrated
27-09-2011, 08:34 AM
You'd be amazed at what the rok can do on road tyres. Its just THAT good. But yes, for more serious off-roading, Some AT's or MT's will be better.

the Limited Edition does not suit everybody, but it does have some pro's

16" wheels (larger selection of tyres available)
Leather steering wheel
grey bumper - if its coming off anyway to fit a bullbar, who cares.
Price - +-48k drive away

maca
27-09-2011, 12:14 PM
NMG VW? Deal with Matt?
Can't remember who it was, but the service was fantastic.

1 Vote for some "BIG" muddies and another Vote for some Massive Spottys on the roof.
Not revealing my plans, but it will look the beef.

I fid it dissapointing that on the special edition model you don't even get a colour coded front bumper.

Looks freaking huge next to the jetta though.
Might even claim the "heighest" vehicle award at our Euro meets now :P

It does need more compotent tyres if you are going off road in it though.
I'm mainly thinking from an aesthetic perspective. I'm not fussed about the off road because as calibrated's mentioned, I'm sure the tyres are capable.

You'd be amazed at what the rok can do on road tyres. Its just THAT good. But yes, for more serious off-roading, Some AT's or MT's will be better.

the Limited Edition does not suit everybody, but it does have some pro's

16" wheels (larger selection of tyres available)
Leather steering wheel
grey bumper - if its coming off anyway to fit a bullbar, who cares.
Price - +-48k drive away

Exactly right, for that price (or close to it) and the extra features, the bumper isn't a hassle. It's gonna get bashed around anyway at work/off road.

Lams
27-09-2011, 01:49 PM
oh I was there on Friday poking around with a grey amarok, then the salesman told me it's sold
i like the green one. and the brown one

team_v
27-09-2011, 05:56 PM

You'd be amazed at just how limited road tyres can be.
We have the same set of tyres on our work hilux and with low range and 4x4 engaged it will still slip on recently wet areas within national parks/forests.

Just the virtue of the lack of knobley tread to dig in and get some grip.

calibrated
27-09-2011, 09:59 PM
You'd be amazed at just how limited road tyres can be.
We have the same set of tyres on our work hilux and with low range and 4x4 engaged it will still slip on recently wet areas within national parks/forests.

Just the virtue of the lack of knobley tread to dig in and get some grip.

uhm. I'm speaking from experience with the rok...

FYI, I know the differences between different tyres ;)

maca
28-09-2011, 04:13 PM
oh I was there on Friday poking around with a grey amarok, then the salesman told me it's sold
i like the green one. and the brown one

We must've just missed eachother then, and keep your poking hands off our Amarok!!

I'd have a red one if I had the choice.