PDA

View Full Version : mk1 76 golf

Volksee77
20-02-2006, 07:42 PM
Good news gang i haved just stumbled across a 4dr mk1 76 australian built golf in almost mint cond. Car has a tiny bit of rust in one corner of floor pan and a little bubble in the rear rain gutters but otherwise is a ok and all far the hefty sum of .......................$ 55. Wasd searching for the australian edition golf as it was the only one i believe which was not built with side intrusion panels in the doors which adds about 15 kg to each door. Now im just removing them for fitment to my tarmac rally car as it has the full roll cage and bolting on some later model side intrusion doors to seal up my new mistress's mint interior. I'm stoked, simply change the doors and i've slashed about 60 kilos more out of the old girl. Keep on dubbing
Luke

syncro
21-02-2006, 05:49 AM
15kg? I didn't think that the door weighed that much? (sans glass)

Volksee77
21-02-2006, 06:02 PM
you would be suprised how much difference there is when you hold the two doors in each hand, the intrusion bar doors are substantially heavier than their non intrusion counterparts, maybe not exactly 15kg but hey they feel close enough to it. Although lighter I would definately not recommend fitting them to a standard daily driven mk1 as those bloody tanks made by the local dinosaur companies will come straight through to f*@k you up, on my car i have a full cage so i'll be right!!!!
Luke