PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Tasmanian Golfers

Golfwise
20-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Come out to a Supersprint Club Day at Baskerville March 19th.
We are taking out a couple of mk1s mk2 and hope more can join.Drop me a line.

mikinoz
20-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Come out to a Supersprint Club Day at Baskerville March 19th.
We are taking out a couple of mk1s mk2 and hope more can join.Drop me a line.

Sounds like a good day out. I was going to take the MKIV in the Collinsvale Hillclimb, but timing and $$ are stopping me.

Will spread the word!

imported_brackie
20-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Early days but it's a possibility.

Golfwise
20-02-2006, 08:48 PM
The Supersprint will be run by the Mini Car club and cost is $95 to enter .
Spectators are free and there is a barbeque and drinks etc.
Whether or not you Golf owners want to enter the racing it doesn't matter as you can bring your car out for a social day all the same and leave the track work to the rev heads and be happy that at least you'll make it home without some mechanical disaster.( shouldn't happen to a Golf though)

Anyone interested in preparing their car and need a hand just drop me a line seriously its not that hard on your car and you go at your own pace with competitors doing similar lap times.
Lets have a show of numbers for our beloved brand :D

Tim
20-02-2006, 09:30 PM
the guys over at http://forums.eurocca.net/ are planning a tassie weekend in november. I think there is a thread in the "victorian events" section.
Im sure theyd be interested in some local knowledge of the roads and places of interest.

wolfsburg
20-02-2006, 09:36 PM
I will put that in my diary, would love to try my car on the track.
thanks for the heads up.

imported_brackie
21-02-2006, 04:57 AM
For the Eurocar Nov. invasion, we have accommodation on the Targa and Rallytas route. Sleeps 7 in comfort (up to 10 at a pinch). 30mins from the ferry. www.mathomfarm.com.au

Valver.
21-02-2006, 05:59 AM
I'll try and finish the Mk1 in time, but will have to tow it out on a trailer as it won't be roadworthied by that stage :evil:

el_foolio
02-03-2006, 04:53 PM
hey all, its been a while between drinks for me, havent been on in ages. been busy with work etc. i wont have a car for this, as i am offloading my golf to purchase another (off golfwise), so i wont have a car at that point. but i would love to be there, will find a way down and at least watch the going-ons.

Volksfolks
02-03-2006, 05:20 PM
hey will seroiusly consider it if i get time to have the mk1 looked at, carbie issues, but i have a mate down the valley who has offered to have a looky, what sorta state can they be in to go on the track?

Andy

tassie_euro_mk1
04-03-2006, 12:29 PM
hey, ill be there. It will be some trip coming from Devonport, but im not doing anything anyway. Should be interesting to see what other golfers have done to their Golfs.

They are a car that dmand respect. I know that when i drive around people look at my Mk1. And my friends all love it and are somewhat surprised at how good it goes. MK1's are definately under estimated.

see u there. cheers

PoloGTi
05-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Hey guys would love to come ill be there for sure. Its good to see there is a good forum like this one nice work

GoLfMan
05-03-2006, 02:58 PM
wats the polo GTi like? :D

PoloGTi
05-03-2006, 03:04 PM
yeah i love the little hatch lots of fun handels well. Really needs a rear sway bar, power is good and strong till about 5000rpm then runs out of puff but for the price you cant go wrong :P

GoLfMan
05-03-2006, 03:21 PM
tune it up, chip it, extractors and nice exaust systems to hear that aweome engine, cold air intake you cant go rong!
sway bar and even stiffer springs u got a winner :)

mikinoz
12-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Next Sunday yeah!

I am unable to stay the whole day so i won't be going on the track, but i will come out in the AM for a look see I thinks.

Meet earlier and cruise to the event? Suggestions? Bridgewater McD's or somewhere in city? Salamanca?

imported_brackie
13-03-2006, 11:10 AM
Can't commit myself until the last minute. Would rather say that now than promise to be there and then be canceled out by a problem on the farm. (We work 7 days a week!) :D

el_foolio
13-03-2006, 06:28 PM
would love to be there, but unfortunately, i dont have a car for the time being. Waiting for the money to get my next beast! I might find a way up, ill do my best. Hope to see you all there, although sadly car-less.

mikinoz
13-03-2006, 06:43 PM
would love to be there, but unfortunately, i dont have a car for the time being. Waiting for the money to get my next beast! I might find a way up, ill do my best. Hope to see you all there, although sadly car-less.

May be able to swing a big arc around to Kingston to collect you, IM me.

mikinoz
15-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Sunday AM at 9am then out to Baskerville. If this does not fit due to competitions registration etc. someone tell me as I have no more info. I suggest silo's end near Taco's!

Yeah or Nah?

Golfwise
16-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Mik
Can you pick up el foolio at Kingston :D

mikinoz
18-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Can anyone confirm that they will be turning up at 9am Sunday at Salamanca Place, Silo's end.

Then out to Baskerville. Cheers.

imported_brackie
18-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Sorry, Guys.. Love to be there but I have to milk. Really, my only hope of attending one of these is if it's in the north of the state or it happens between the end of May and the end of July when the girls are dry. It's hard enough fo me to make it to Launceston for the day!

Anonymous
19-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks to all those who made the effort to come out to the track this morning :) It was great to see so many VW's on the hill in support! It's a shame I did not get the opportunity to run over and take a pic. We had a MKV GTI, Polo GTI, MK4, MK3 and a couple of MK1s. Sadly, I had issues with the timing on my 16V, but Golfwise had a ball in his black GTi all day long!
http://xs72.xs.to/pics/06110/front.jpg (http://xs.to)

mikinoz
19-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah good show, 8 dubs at the track. biggest gtg yet ;)

cheers - mick

tassie_euro_mk1
21-03-2006, 09:55 AM
It was an enjoyable day. Good to see 8 dubs turn up. Impressed with golfwise black gti on the track. :D :lol: Getting myself one of them now. Hopefully.