PDA

View Full Version : looking at purchasing new Superb Elegance Sedan

romaniac
20-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Hello

I'm looking at buying a new MY11 Superb Elegance 125 TDI in the coming months and have heard the MY12 models are coming out soon. Does anyone know if there are any major differences in features between the two years? The extra options I was looking at adding were KESSY, Front parking sensors, MDI and maybe the 3 spoke steering wheel with DSG. Do you guys know approx how much each of these features are on top and if they are/aren't worth it.

Cheers

pologti18t
20-09-2011, 04:58 PM
... http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f150/price-rise-my12-superb-elegance-62531.html

romaniac
22-09-2011, 09:11 AM
thanks for that, will try and get the MY12 model then! How about KESSY or the DSG paddles, are they worth the money? I will be looking to modify the car a little i.e wheels and lowered on H&R Springs. Something like this:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/46569800045b44e1e2aao.jpg/)

aware
22-09-2011, 09:33 AM
thanks for that, will try and get the MY12 model then! How about KESSY or the DSG paddles, are they worth the money?

That's really a personal preference. We have specced KESSY as part of the list we send to the lease company, but haven't specced DSG Paddles. Dad's current car has them, but it has no 'manual' shift with the gear stick - put it in drive/sport and that's it - whereas the Superb at least has the ability to shift via the gear stick. The thing I don't like about paddles is when you need them in a corner - they're at another point depending on how tight the corner is - it's not a major issue, but it takes a bit of getting used to coming from my car (Manual). Interestingly enough I've found driving 2 auto diesels in the family, that I put it into sport for a few minutes, then back into drive and let the car do it - ride the torque wave.

I can't help you with prices though - I haven't even seen a price list from a dealer (just been told approximates for the car, and then looked at the website which has the RRP, but I can't find prices for accessories)

VAG newbie
22-09-2011, 04:04 PM
thanks for that, will try and get the MY12 model then! How about KESSY or the DSG paddles, are they worth the money? I will be looking to modify the car a little i.e wheels and lowered on H&R Springs. Something like this:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/200/46569800045b44e1e2aao.jpg/)

I ordered with KESSY, $690. I didn't get paddle shift but I know it's about $3-400. Are they worth it? Up to you. The reason I chose KESSY was because I have kids. My wife once locked the car with my kids and keys inside the car accidentally and it was a disaster! Having KESSY will prevent that from happening.

I heard paddle shift is useless. It's only useful if you are accelerating on straight line. But if you drive on winding roads when your paddles rotates with your steering wheel, then you will have trouble figuring out whether left or right is up gear or down gear!

All Superbs now should be MY12, unless you get one in stock. MY12 gets front parking sensors and Bluetooth. Check online brochure, it's included in there as standard feature now!

Expect 10-12% off RRP!

romaniac
27-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Thanks for that. If the paddle shift is that cheap I think I will get it included. That is great news about the parking sensors and bluetooth!

What are the average delivery times for MY12 models?

brad
27-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Is KESSY like a proximity enabled entry & start system? If so, get it! Your missus will love you for it. We've had 2 cars (Outlander & Mondeo) with similar & the wife thought it the best thing ever.

VAG newbie
27-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Is KESSY like a proximity enabled entry & start system? If so, get it! Your missus will love you for it. We've had 2 cars (Outlander & Mondeo) with similar & the wife thought it the best thing ever.

It is! You just leave the key in your pocket and never have to worry about it. Perfect for woman as they always put their keys in their purse (where as we guys, we put in our pocket), and they lose them. My wife not only accidentally locked my kids inside the car once, she also dropped her keys in the car park once (it was pure luck someone return it to lost and found). So KESSY becomes a must for us.

When we bought our Volvo XC60, the KESSY is a $1500 option! So at $690, it's a bargain!

For delivery times, it's said to be around 20 weeks. But you gotta factor in Xmas coming up, so expect 4-6 months wait. I'm still waiting for mine, not coming until Jan next year.

VAG newbie
27-09-2011, 09:22 PM
The other advantage for Skoda's is that thenoptions are all very reasonable, unlike other Euro premium brand. I got a price list from the dealer for all the options, and I must say I'm tempted to go full spec! Since you gotta wait for 4-6 months anyway, then why not get them all? Of course at the end, my wife had to stick to our budget and stop me from ordering those gimmicks that are more of a party trick rather than something practical (eg. Park assist and solar sunroof)

brad
27-09-2011, 10:16 PM
It is! You just leave the key in your pocket and never have to worry about it. Perfect for woman as they always put their keys in their purse (where as we guys, we put in our pocket), and they lose them.

As an ex-stay-at-home dad, I can assure you that having a baby in one arm, a backpack full of kids-crap, the other arm full of groceries and the keys stuck deep in the pockets.... a kessy style system would have been a Godsend back then.

romaniac
01-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your help VAG newbie!

romaniac
30-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi Guys
Just put a deposit on a M12 Superb Sedan in White with KESSY and MDI, should be coming in December! I've got a couple of things planned like new wheels (19"), dark tint and possibly H&R lowered springs with a 40mm drop
Keep you posted

VAG newbie
30-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Hi Guys
Just put a deposit on a M12 Superb Sedan in White with KESSY and MDI, should be coming in December! I've got a couple of things planned like new wheels (19"), dark tint and possibly H&R lowered springs with a 40mm drop
Keep you posted

Congratulations, you certainly made a good choice. Please post a few pictures once you got them.

I'm still waiting for mine

romaniac
05-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Hi - would anyone be able to tell me the paint code for a 2011/12 Candy White skoda superb? Is it LB9A?

theduckster
05-11-2011, 06:41 PM
The Paint Code for Candy White on all MY10/MY/MY12 Skoda models is 9P9P

What you have there, I think is a Paint Code for Candy White Yeti with a different roof colour. I will check it out at work on Monday.

romaniac
06-11-2011, 06:00 PM
The Paint Code for Candy White on all MY10/MY/MY12 Skoda models is 9P9P

What you have there, I think is a Paint Code for Candy White Yeti with a different roof colour. I will check it out at work on Monday.

Thanks, for reference I want to purchase this bootlip spoiler and as you can see its on a white superb. The seller claims paint code LB9A is the same as 9P9P and you can't tell the difference.

Trunk Lip Spoiler for Skoda Superb B6 Typ 3T 4D 2008+ | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Trunk-Lip-Spoiler-Skoda-Superb-B6-Typ-3T-4D-2008-/270832351454?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0eddb8de#ht_4250wt_955)

romaniac
16-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Well this time next week I should be taking delivery of my 2012 Skoda Superb Elegance, can't wait!

I've already purchased the MDI cables and a bootlip spoiler, the first stage following pick up will be getting it tinted

I'll put up some pics when I can

romaniac
24-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Hey guys, I picked up my car yesterday and it's been excellent so far. Just one question with the fog lights I can't work out, how do I get the fog lights to come on automatically with the normal beam? I've found out how to set them on or off as daytime driving lights but they don't seem to come on in the night.

I'll post some pics of the car after xmas.

Cheers

brad
24-12-2011, 10:19 AM
I doubt you can get the to come on automatically with normal beam. Why would you want that? Cop magnet?

I guess it should work if you leave the headlight switch at full clockwise & pulled out one notch. I had my headlights turned on permanently (sans fogs) for about 3 yrs until I used VCDS to turn on the Scandinavian lights.

Also, on the Superb, aren't the daytime lights a different bulb than the fog lights?

Inego
24-12-2011, 11:47 AM
You mean that there's actually cops that police the law that says foglights are illegal for use "Front and rear fog lights must only be used in fog or rain, or when conditions such as smoke and dust limit your vision. It is a legal requirement that once conditions improve and you can see more clearly, the front and rear fog lights are switched off."

From the NSW road users handbook - I understand that all states have similar provisions. Mind you, I've seen RBT stations with multiple cars being alloowed to drive away with fog lights on on clear evenings.....

brad
24-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Yep, seems to be the thing in the outer western suburbs - mainly P-platers.

romaniac
24-12-2011, 01:51 PM
I doubt you can get the to come on automatically with normal beam. Why would you want that? Cop magnet?

I guess it should work if you leave the headlight switch at full clockwise & pulled out one notch. I had my headlights turned on permanently (sans fogs) for about 3 yrs until I used VCDS to turn on the Scandinavian lights.

Also, on the Superb, aren't the daytime lights a different bulb than the fog lights?

That's strange, many other german cars have this i.e Audi, BMW etc. I know I can do it manually if I turn the switch and pull it out once but surely they should have it on auto as well. I find them useful for shining down the road whereas the normal beam shines ahead. I'm not sure about the different bulb, they looked the same to me in the daylight and the night. If it can't be done on the auto setting that's fine, just wanted to check though.

Overall this car is great for the price, the first service is in 15,000 kms (great compared to my gf's new Nissan Xtrail which is every 5,000!) My friends were amazed just how big the rear leg room is. Funny point when I picked it up the dealer said it's generally not people in my age group buying these cars but he can understand why I like it with all the gadgets etc. I'll be getting the windows tinted in the new year and adding on the rear bobtail spoiler. Will take some pics after that and post them up.

brad
24-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Well if Audi can do it then generally Skoda can too.

You could probably set up Scandinavian lights with Fogs instead of headlights - IIRC, that's one of the options via VCDS. I rarely use my fogs as I tend to look a lot further down the road - I think the fogs are kind of useless.

romaniac
29-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Anyone know if it's possible to get the Sat Nav to speak the street names rather than just turn left, turn right etc?

BTW I think the sat nav is a great unit, I like how it zooms in and out when you are driving depending on how long the street is. Plus having the directions int he MFD and being able to use the main unit for music or other features is excellent.

CanberravRS
31-12-2011, 08:31 PM
What you got is what you get... sat nav systems in vw is pretty old tech. if you want turn by turn with voice/streets etc the use bluetooth from your iPhone or Windows Phone for the best effective solutions.

romaniac
02-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Happy New Year Guys!

Does anyone know where I can get the globes in the fog lights swapped over with LED ones for better brightness? Ideally a shop that could do it as I'm not keen on doing it myself plus I don't want to throw up any error codes with wiring.

brad
03-01-2012, 08:21 AM
You really are trying to annoy others with those fog lights aren't you.

dArK5HaD0w
03-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Happy New Year Guys!

Does anyone know where I can get the globes in the fog lights swapped over with LED ones for better brightness? Ideally a shop that could do it as I'm not keen on doing it myself plus I don't want to throw up any error codes with wiring.

hope u realise - the whiter the foglight, the more useless it is in poor weather conditions.

then again, if ur going just for the 'looks' factor........

romaniac
03-01-2012, 08:36 PM
hope u realise - the whiter the foglight, the more useless it is in poor weather conditions.

then again, if ur going just for the 'looks' factor........

I didn't know that, thought the whiter lights were brighter and therefore more visibility. I'll leave them as is in that case.

romaniac
10-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Has anyone had any experience with Kraftwerk and ECU upgrades? Have come across this one their website:

GERMAN Performance upgrades for European automobiles (http://kraftwerk.com.au/car_selector_2.php?id=1111)

26kw and 70nM torque increase, not sure on prices as they aren't open until tomorrow but it seems quite tempting if its around the $1k mark. They also have a 5 year warranty on the modification.

brad
11-01-2012, 08:15 AM
never heard of them. What German tuning company are they using?

The 5yr warranty only covers their software performance. basically, they are saying if something goes wrong it's between you & the dealer. Also, they want to charge to reload the software if the dealer overwrites it.

i think you'll find the only tuning company that offers drivetrain warranty is Oettinger.

I've been happy with my Bluefin handheld loader - at least I can remove/re-install the remap at my leisure. Viezu also do a handheld & if you wish to import, BSR(?) have a handheld unit as well.

If you want a workshop installed solution then I'd be more inclined to use one of the better known suppliers that hang around VWwc (DNA or similar)

dArK5HaD0w
11-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Has anyone had any experience with Kraftwerk and ECU upgrades? Have come across this one their website:

GERMAN Performance upgrades for European automobiles (http://kraftwerk.com.au/car_selector_2.php?id=1111)

26kw and 70nM torque increase, not sure on prices as they aren't open until tomorrow but it seems quite tempting if its around the $1k mark. They also have a 5 year warranty on the modification.

i just got a quote back from these guys - $1394 + 250 (installation)!!!! fark me.....that's exy!!!!
that's for a 37kW/92Nm increase (184kW/372Nm).

brad
11-01-2012, 12:08 PM
i just got a quote back from these guys - $1394 + 250 (installation)!!!! fark me.....that's exy!!!!
that's for a 37kW/92Nm increase (184kW/372Nm).
Who are they trying to kid? There'd be a maximum of 1 hour to do the whole job.

i think silverfoxx paid around $1600 for his custom tune with dyno time on his Golf R.

romaniac
11-01-2012, 12:45 PM
BSR also have a packaged for the Superb, at a cost of $1160 however it delivers lower gains of only 22hp increase. Which are the other suppliers you reccomend?

Skoda Superb 2.0TDI 170Hp 2010-2011 Stage 1 - Tuning parts, performance parts, ecu remap (http://www.bsrtuning.com.au/products/t1813)

brad
11-01-2012, 01:29 PM
BSR are in Australia now? blimey, everyones getting in on the act.

When i imported the Bluefin for the Skoda (2009??), a mate got the BSR for his SAAB from a UK supplier for ~AUD550. Can't remember who.

I'd suggest you read through the tuning section of this forum as different folks have different requirements in a tune (switchable maps, valet settings, stealth, etc).

I already have Bluefin & am very happy with it. If I was doing another car, I'd try Viezu just to see what it's like. If I just wanted to have a workshop do it for me then I'd look at DNA, Custom Code, GIAC & maybe a few others. Price would have to be <$1k as the Bluefin only cost me $660 (but no local support at the time) and I'm a tight-arse.

edit: I wouldn't worry too much about the advertised kw/nm numbers. If possible, you need to see the dyno graph as the increase in total area under the curve is more important than peak figures.

romaniac
11-01-2012, 04:40 PM
BSR are in Australia now? blimey, everyones getting in on the act.

When i imported the Bluefin for the Skoda (2009??), a mate got the BSR for his SAAB from a UK supplier for ~AUD550. Can't remember who.

I'd suggest you read through the tuning section of this forum as different folks have different requirements in a tune (switchable maps, valet settings, stealth, etc).

I already have Bluefin & am very happy with it. If I was doing another car, I'd try Viezu just to see what it's like. If I just wanted to have a workshop do it for me then I'd look at DNA, Custom Code, GIAC & maybe a few others. Price would have to be <$1k as the Bluefin only cost me $660 (but no local support at the time) and I'm a tight-arse.

edit: I wouldn't worry too much about the advertised kw/nm numbers. If possible, you need to see the dyno graph as the increase in total area under the curve is more important than peak figures.

Yeah BSR are in Aus, I like their kit as it's a know name brand and they offer free upgrades with new software and free resets if dealer overrides the settings. They also have a dyno graph for the 2.0TDI ECU upgrade with good gains. Whilst the total power is 10KW less than Kraftwerk's ECU, the Torque increase figure is slightly higher.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Also came across REVO who offer the ECU upgrade through AudVolks in Melbourne. Some nice numbers with nearly 30kw increase for the 2.0TDI and only $900

http://www.admin247.org/resources/uploads/Revo_Technik/files/app_lists/VAG_App_List_ROAsia__Oceana__301111.pdf

I might give them a call to find out what their position is on upgrades/resets back to stock and dyno graphs

brad
12-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Revo on mine says +45kw & +124nm. I doubt it very much. They must have done their figures on a corker of an engine.

romaniac
15-01-2012, 09:16 PM
I've read up a bit more on the REVO and a few guys who had it done in the UK seem to be pleased with the results. It also comes with the hand controller so the tune can be switched back to standard by the user without needing to take it to a REVO dealer. I just need to clarify how many km's the engine should have done as a minimum before it is tuned.

On another note, I'm getting the H&R springs installed this Thursday, I'll post some pics of the car after that.

romaniac
22-01-2012, 09:15 PM
I've got the REVO tune booked in for 2 weeks time. The car handles so much better now with the H&R springs, also got a H&R front and rear sway bar fitted. Here are some pics of the car

here are some pics of the car so far

Imageshack - 20120120180854.jpg (http://imageshack.us/f/809/20120120180854.jpg/)

Imageshack - 20120120180846.jpg (http://imageshack.us/f/210/20120120180846.jpg/)

romaniac
24-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone is good with photoshop that could do me a favour. I'm looking at getting these wheels fitted:

Imageshack - vw1001980mb1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/f/515/vw1001980mb1.jpg/)

but want to see how they may look on the car. If anyone could photoshop those wheels to the image below it would be greatly appreciated!

Imageshack - 20120120180846.jpg (http://imageshack.us/f/210/20120120180846.jpg/)

Ozsko
29-01-2012, 05:20 PM
I will be very interested in the tune. Do REVO do via the OBD port? I tried a Bluefin and my port is blocked which I found a trifle annoying to say the least.

romaniac
29-01-2012, 06:35 PM
I will be very interested in the tune. Do REVO do via the OBD port? I tried a Bluefin and my port is blocked which I found a trifle annoying to say the least.

Yes via the OBD port but the new ECU's have some sort of protection on them so the ECU needs to be taken out and the protection needs to be removed, once that is done it can be updated easily with the software via the OBD. I'll post the results in my build thread, I've got it booked in for this Friday.