PDA

View Full Version : Yeti spotted

aslsw
17-09-2011, 10:40 PM
As I'm currently in Europe, I have now see three of them.

The first time was when a Yeti drove past me at the bus stop - I wasn't expecting to see one so I really only got a look at the back after it had passed.

But a couple of weeks ago I came across one parked in a small town, so I took the time to walk around and have a good look at it (but not so long that it would look suspicious). First impression is that it's more pleasant to look at than the Tiguan - I guess the squarer look makes it seem more 'rugged'. The second impression is that the ground clearance doesn't seem to be much more than a normal car. I'll have to track down the stats... Overall, inside and out it has a strong family resemblance to the rest of the Skoda models.

And then I aw another one on the road in Cyprus last weekend.

NotYet
21-09-2011, 03:09 PM
The second impression is that the ground clearance doesn't seem to be much more than a normal car. According to the UK brochure, it's 180mm standard (155mm for Greenline models). OK for firm beaches, muddy paddocks, forest roads, easy fire trails, but would be vulnerable to deep soft sand (especially with low profile tyres), large rocks, deep ruts, fallen logs or even big erosion mounds. Even so, that is probably enough for most people's needs - just need to be aware of the limitations.

Interesting that you have seen so few of the Yetis in Europe. People at Briskoda report the same thing. Skoda have built more than 100,000 so far. Where are they all?

PassatB6
23-09-2011, 03:24 PM
I was in Europe a few months back and saw very few Yetis but generally LOTS of Skodas. I imagine the reason is they are bought by people living in rural areas and I was in big cities which, in Europe, have very few SUVs.

bluefrog
23-09-2011, 07:45 PM
was just in regional France .. and everywhere I turned I saw Fabia's!