PDA

View Full Version : New Jetta - Who's got it?

frozze
15-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Anyone got theirs yet?? Pics? What model did you get? Mine is due at the end of October. 147TSI + Sports Pack + Sunroof + Electric Seats. The wait is too long! :mad:

scamma
15-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Pick up ours tomorrow night - Black 118 Comfortline. We were told we would have a 4 month wait for the sunroof inclusion so decided to forgo it so I'm surprised that they are telling you end of October.. hopefully that is the case for you.

frozze
15-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Apparently my one was just about to finish its build. Did you get an optional extras?

Sounds exciting. Looks like you're gonna be doing a lot of driving on the weekend. CONGRATS!

Pick up ours tomorrow night - Black 118 Comfortline. We were told we would have a 4 month wait for the sunroof inclusion so decided to forgo it so I'm surprised that they are telling you end of October.. hopefully that is the case for you.

scamma
15-09-2011, 01:48 PM
No the only "option" was the black paint! Figure we can add other stuff later if need be but nothing was a"must have". Also ensured it had slim line plates as prefer those

Ledger
15-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Parent's picked up their 118 Comfortline last night, wasn't a that big of a fan when I saw the Jetta in silver but i'll admit it's gorgeous in black; took it for a spin and love it even more.

frozze
15-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Nice! Where did they get theirs from??

Parent's picked up their 118 Comfortline last night, wasn't a that big of a fan when I saw the Jetta in silver but i'll admit it's gorgeous in black; took it for a spin and love it even more.

Ledger
15-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Nice! Where did they get theirs from??

Camberwell VW - car came in almost 2 weeks ago but the folks only just got around to picking it up lol

auswill
18-09-2011, 03:05 PM
I am pretty set on buying a 118TSI this week. As the car is in stock, it should be available within 2 weeks. Only options is Metallic paint (grey). Should be able to get mats and tinting included as well.
Currently doing research on getting a RNS510 sat nav retrofitted. Should only cost up to $1500 fitted. If anyone else is also looking into this - any information would be great.

frozze
18-09-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm in the same boat as well. Gonna upgrade the RCD510 to RNS510 when my new Jetta arrives.
Plenty of info and lotsa knowledgable people around here. Just gotta yell at the right section! : )

Check the audio and electronics section out

Lams
19-09-2011, 01:41 PM
it's a matter of adding a GPS antenna and almost plug and play. A recode would ensure you have the right settings for your car. You'd also need to find some maps, but $1500 should leave you some change :-)

scamma
22-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Here is the first pic of the car.. (hope this works) Since taking this the windows have been tinted!
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/09/P1010568-2.jpg

frozze
22-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Nice, more pics!

scamma
22-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I need to get the camera out! These are the only other pics I have at this point..

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/09/P10105691-2.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/09/P10105671-2.jpg

Cookie28
22-09-2011, 03:05 PM
You sir have a very mean driveway!! On another note the car looks good :)

frozze
22-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Uh oh, I'm starting to regret slightly on getting the candy white! Black looks good!!

What are your initial thoughts on the car? Any problems?

scamma
22-09-2011, 03:28 PM
To be honest I have hardly been in the car, let alone driven it much at this point. Absolutely no issues with it so far nor expecting any. Love the black.. and even better now windows tinted (darkest legal only)..but yes very happy with it so far and definitely no regrets.

frozze
22-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Did you put any paint protection on?

stickshift3000
22-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Did you put any paint protection on?

Please tell me you're joking!

Paint protection is widely regarded as being nothing more than a money spinner for the dealer. This is not a vag product...

More info here: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f22/x-pack-paint-protection-41496.html

scamma
22-09-2011, 04:16 PM
No.. I am not convinced it is a worthwhile option. Where I had the car tinted offer it also but after reading the link on the above thread I'm pretty much not interested

frozze
22-09-2011, 04:26 PM
I didn't mean getting it from the dealer, should have clarified. Maybe DIY nanolex or wax etc. It's understood that these sorta "packages" from the stealership are nothing more than a scam. Scamma was wise enough to have his car tinted by a 3rd party professional for a much better price. I was just wondering if he did the same with paint protection.

Please tell me you're joking!

Paint protection is widely regarded as being nothing more than a money spinner for the dealer. This is not a vag product...

More info here: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f22/x-pack-paint-protection-41496.html

anthony
23-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Stunning looking new Jetta,I think it looks best in Black and Grey.

Am looking forward to seing the Navy,as well as the Red and Champagne...

scamma
23-09-2011, 08:54 AM
The black is great and the platinum grey is nice but not for us. I quite like the Red personally. I think the blue would have been an option but we didn't get to see one and weren't prepared to buy one without the visual. No one at the dealer when we test drove the car could really say what the blue was except to lead us to believe it was like one of the colours on the Tiguan. I think it is actually called Tempest Blue and it wasn't even on their colour swabs they had on display. Whilst picking up the car at Barlo's one of the sales ladies at the dealership stopped to talked to us and said the blue is the same as on the R36. If that's the case I think that will look pretty good.

anthony
23-09-2011, 10:20 PM
The Blue is my favorite,its a dark Navy,and I have seen pics of it from the American website.

Very classy,would be my 1st choice if I bought a new Jetta.

slitko
23-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Yeah we ordered the blue, it is a bit darker compared to our shadow blue on the passat

frozze
24-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Test drove the 147TSI today.. oh wow.. Wayyyyy more thump than the 118TSI, which i drove 2 weeks ago. Can feel with difference with the bigger tires and firmer suspension. Sticks to the road when cornering at high speed. Pushed to Sports Mode and floored it on a hill-y section, sooo effortlesss...

Now the agony REALLY begins... Still about a month away from delivery for my 147TSI! :(

slitko
25-09-2011, 02:14 AM
Frozze did you order from before or you got a car that was in transit? How come your car is coming so quick?

We were told March/April for new orders :O

frozze
25-09-2011, 02:22 AM
I told the dealer specifically that I wanted the 147TSI from the get-go (been in contact with the sales guy since July/Aug - went through various models before settling on the Jetta). As soon as he found a couple of 147TSI coming into the dealership, he rand me up and gave me the options that were available. The one I picked at that time just completed its build. So I guess when I placed the deposit in, it was ready for transit/already in transit.

Talked to the guy again this arvo and he said it should be docking in very soon (within the coming week or 2).

March/April is pretty long way. Is that for a customised 147 or just 147 in general? Did you try other dealers?

Frozze did you order from before or you got a car that was in transit? How come your car is coming so quick?

We were told March/April for new orders :O

ch0p
25-09-2011, 08:37 PM
sounds like your and mine are on the same boat!

slitko
26-09-2011, 02:07 AM
Yeah ours is a custom build as there was none coming to country with how we wanted it.

frozze
26-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Nice! What are your options??

Yeah ours is a custom build as there was none coming to country with how we wanted it.

anthony
26-09-2011, 10:10 AM
South Yarra VW in Melbourne have a 147 in the floor,it is HOT.

Black,sunroof,and sat nav.

frozze
03-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Anyone else??

Has anyone done anything to their Jetta yet?

anthony
04-10-2011, 08:02 AM
I saw 2 new Jettas on the road a couple of days ago,first a Silver,followed by a Grey a few cars behind...

frozze
04-10-2011, 08:05 AM
I've been keeping my eye out for them but I've not seen a single one yet. Surely they must be flying off the dealership, especially the entry model.

I saw 2 new Jettas on the road a couple of days ago,first a Silver,followed by a Grey a few cars behind...

anthony
04-10-2011, 08:07 AM
I have also been looking,and like the MK5,it took a while to start seing them,and then hundreds of them the whole time.

I wonder if the MK6 will sell as well as gthe MK5 though locally ???

frozze
04-10-2011, 08:12 AM
The funny thing is, ever since I placed an order for the MK6, I've been seeing heaps of MK5 around! I've never seen so many before! I keep on pointing them out to my missus "that's the old jetta! Mine would have this, that etc." in excitement of my MK6.

Everyone's probably buying the golf now due to the sale. I think they extended it till the end of Oct!

anthony
05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
I saw another 2 new Jettas on the road today,so 4 in total,but am seing lots of MK5s too...

frozze
05-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Saw my first silver TDI Jetta on St Kilda road at around 730pm.. between 550-600 st kilda road!

It looked pretty good! I literally screamed acrossed my missus' face while driving past it! LOL

Then I saw about 5-6 MK5s shortly after..

Still about 3 weeks to go for mine! ggrrrr

omb
06-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Candy White I think its a 118TSI DSG tons of grunt on loan from my dealer
till my New Tiguan arrives around Oct 22nd. I picked it up on 27th of September
from Mal Chapman NMG Kedron very nice drive.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/10/20111002_120009-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/10/20111002_1122332-1.jpg

scamma
10-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Frozze yours must be getting close? Still to post picture with the window tint.. but need to give it a wash first.

frozze
10-10-2011, 03:18 PM
The delivery date written on the contract is 29th Oct, which is perfect timing for me. I'm going overseas for a short holiday next week and I'll be back on the 29th itself! Hoping to make payment before I leave and come back ready to pick it up.

Yes, would love to see tint on a black Jetta! Post some when you can.

Frozze yours must be getting close? Still to post picture with the window tint.. but need to give it a wash first.

ch0p
28-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Pickup up the new jetta today. Not sure if I like the rims.

http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/vjy9a.jpg

To this:

http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/CDf9d.jpg

Goods:
New car smell, steering wheel feels more tight, RNS510 seems more responsive, sunroof control is similar to audi.

Bads:
Turbo lag is noticeable, old car did not have turbo lag.... gve it a good flooring on the way to airport, its currently sitting in long term parking while I'm on holidays.

anthony
29-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Nice looking,saw a Champagne one yestorday,looked very nice,have not seen a Navy or Red one yet...

Cant deceide if I prefer MK5 or MK6...

frozze
31-10-2011, 12:37 AM
Pickup up the new jetta today. Not sure if I like the rims.

Nice one ch0p! I see you got yourself a 147tsi with sports pack too!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

anthony
31-10-2011, 06:14 AM
I am starting to see a few new Jettas on the road,saw a nice looking Silver one yestorday,VW has not promoted it at all yet,so I wonder how it is selling locally ?

frozze
31-10-2011, 12:12 PM
I am starting to see a few new Jettas on the road,saw a nice looking Silver one yestorday,VW has not promoted it at all yet,so I wonder how it is selling locally ?

I think vw has some sorta arrangement with fairfax media/the age because I always see new vw banners around the website. They had the jetta up for a couple weeks. Then they changed it to the passat cc (advertising on the finance package) and now the new tiguan.

I did see the tv ad a fair bit as well. But I guess they're not aggressive about it!

slitko
31-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Looking good ch0p :)

anthony
31-10-2011, 07:19 PM
VW needs to be aggressive with the Jetta,as it is selling like hot cakes overseas ,and here,the medium sedan class is one of the most competitive of all.

Whenever VW Australia had a campaign on the previous Jetta,it sold really well...

AKHOOS
02-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Hi guys, I figured I should come out of the woodwork and add to this thread.

On Friday, I dropped off my 3-door Mk5 Golf GTI for a Mk6 Jetta 147 Highline (Ordered 1st October, delivered 28th October) . I didn't say goodbye to the GTI - she didn't want to talk to me. :)

The Jetta is Candy White with Sat Nav, Sunroof, Drivers Seat and Sports Package. Initially, I didn't like the black Queensland wheels in the sports package, but after seeing it in person, I think it completes the look of the Jetta.

Initial impressions, the ride is plush and comfortable compared to the GTI. It has plenty of poke at the ready. Handling wise, it is competent and stable but you don't really feel connected to the car. When you throw in corners, I miss the confidence inspiring abilities of the GTI - I already knew this would be the case.

I miss the bi-xenon headlights, so will be paying close attention to the bulbs thread.

What I would have liked in the Jetta is a lid for the centre storage area between gear shift and dashboard - where else are you expected to put coins for parking? I was shocked to find no storage area next to the steering wheel - the GTI had it - I usually keep receipts, etc.

I know my first impressions sound a bit negative, but I'm still grieving over the GTI and I would have kept the GTI if it were entirely my choice. But, we all have to grow up and a 3-door hatch does not maketh a family car.

All in all, I am happy with the Jetta. :) Looking to contribute to the Jetta sub-forum.

Cheers,
Alex

LeaMedhurst
02-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi All
Just thought I would add my 2 cents, We negotiated with the dealer and got our Mk6 Jetta 147 Highline 3 days before the official release. We previously had a Mk5 manual and with much excitement we paid and drove away in the new car.
Got to say it took me about 300 meters before the disappointment starting setting in, I have driven a DSG in a GTi and thought it was ok, in the Jetta its terrible, it seems to take forever to decide to shift and in D its always looking for a gear. In S its better but who the hell set the gearing, at 60 3rd seems to high for sustained speed while 4th seems to low. I now drive in manual mode but I am at the mercy of a very slow gearbox. This is my first experience with the DSG and hmm..... I will be going back to a manual.
Then there is the build quality, I know these are little points but it made the Mk5 so much better, things like the little hook in the back for the shopping, the cover on the center console, the poorly thought out door pockets....
I agree, the driving experience feels very disconnected , the chassis just doesn't respond well to direction change.
and then there is the front suspension, if I take off hard there is an enormous bang and shutter from the front suspension, what the hell is that.... and where is the switch to turn off the traction control... I could go on and on.... if you are after a performance car get a GTi......... and having said all that.......... my wife loves the new Jetta to death.... she gets the kids in and out with ease and then can set lap records at Westfield's and I guess that is the target audience :)

AKHOOS
02-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Hi Lea,

You just reminded me! DSG. I had DSG in the GTI but it had paddles on the steering wheel - I used to drive in Manual mode all the time and using the paddle shifters. D is too mundane and S is too crazy.

Unlike you, the Jetta is seems to be pretty responsive in D - this may have to do with the way I'm driving it. It's happy to hang onto 1st and 2nd for a short while longer. I don't like shiftting gears using the stick in M mode.

I'm happy to give using D, S and the occassional M mode a decent go, but if I find it too annoying, then I'll look at swapping in a Golf GTD/Golf R steering wheel with paddles in to the Jetta.

Cheers,
Alex

LeaMedhurst
02-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi Alex

Did you find the DSG in the Golf different (ie more responsive in general). I am thinking about getting a Mk6 GTi which before the Jetta was considering the DSG now I am not so sure.
Thanks

AKHOOS
02-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi Lea,

In my experience with both the GTI and now the Jetta 147, the DSG appears to behave in an almost similar manner. In D, both the GTI and Jetta drives mundanely and shifts up as quickly as it possibly can. In S, both cars go mental - the Jetta steadfastly remained in 3rd while doing 80+ km/h yesterday.

I did notice that on the same undulating roads, the Jetta would shift down to 5th whereas the GTI would stay in 6th.

I guess it depends on the type of driving you plan to do. I find the DSG pretty jerky in start/stop traffic - it would and has driven me crazy when driving in inner city suburbia. In D, it changes too quickly into 2nd and then the car bogs down. The counterpoint is one might then complain about having to play with a clutch when in traffic. I know which I'd rather be driving - manual.

Another thing that annoys me about the GTI in city/suburban driving is that while it makes super quick changes, it doesn't know when you are going to corner. I think this also has to do with the high gearing of 3rd that some reviews have noted. In D, you slow down for a corner - the DSG starts downshifting to 3rd and then midway through the corner, it goes bugger, wrong gear - I need 2nd. It's just not a smooth ride. Some people won't notice this or not care but it bugs me.

The saving grace in the Golf GTI is that it has pedal shifters, something the Jetta doesn't have. Some use it, some don't. When I had the GTI, I was always using the pedals. One, to stay in a lower gear for longer in start/stop traffic and two, to downshift into 2nd on slow corners. The pedal shifters make the DSG driveable.

I'm not a fan of shifting in M mode with the gear lever. I have been caught out on several occasions where the car is in D and I think it is in M - shift the gear lever and oops! I'm in Neutral now! *scramble scramble* VW should fix this - you should not be able to shift from D into N without depressing the button.

I guess what I'm saying is that if given the choice, for my driving style and preferences, I will only take DSG if it comes with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters. Otherwise, I'd opt for manual if it were my choice.

I got the Jetta knowing it was going to be the family car and that the missus will probably be driving it more in the future, so DSG it is for convenience, etc. I will eventually get something else for me with more sporty intentions - maybe a 5-door GTI, GTD or R.

Cheers,
Alex

Rawcpoppa
16-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Has anyone tracked their JETTA straight from the factory to Australia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anthony
16-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I saw 3 new Jettas yestorday,a White,Red,and Gray...

frozze
29-11-2011, 11:02 AM
So I've been driving my Jetta for past couple of weeks and I'm loving it so far, despite the obvious cost cutting measures found around the car. However, a slight rattle has started to develop around the front of the engine whenever I push the throttle (not flooring it, just normal strength). It sounds like there's a loose screw or something similiar to a metallic rattle, i.e loose number plate. I thought the number plate wasn't not screwed in tightly to the bumper but it doesn't seem like it's the case.

Not a big issue but it's still an issue nevertheless.

Anyway, I've called VW South Yarra and they'll have a look at it next week. The calling/booking process was very easy and the service manager rang me up to confirm a couple of things. Just hope it'll get sorted.

team_v
29-11-2011, 11:08 AM
So I've been driving my Jetta for past couple of weeks and I'm loving it so far, despite the obvious cost cutting measures found around the car. However, a slight rattle has started to develop around the front of the engine whenever I push the throttle (not flooring it, just normal strength). It sounds like there's a loose screw or something similiar to a metallic rattle, i.e loose number plate. I thought the number plate wasn't not screwed in tightly to the bumper but it doesn't seem like it's the case.

Not a big issue but it's still an issue nevertheless.

Anyway, I've called VW South Yarra and they'll have a look at it next week. The calling/booking process was very easy and the service manager rang me up to confirm a couple of things. Just hope it'll get sorted.

Sounds like the wastegate rattle on the EA888 engine, this is covered in the mk6 golf and tiguan sections.
There is a clip the dealerships will provide to "solve" the issue.

frozze
29-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks for that. I'll be sure to mention that when I take the VW diagnostician for a drive.

Would be a time consuming job (if indeed it's a wastegate rattle)?

Sounds like the wastegate rattle on the EA888 engine, this is covered in the mk6 golf and tiguan sections.

team_v
29-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Thanks for that. I'll be sure to mention that when I take the VW diagnostician for a drive.

Would be a time consuming job (if indeed it's a wastegate rattle)?

No worries.
See below for the thread:

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/mk6-gti-rattle-upon-acceleration-resolved-via-tpi-2021062-7-a-47765-82.html

frozze
29-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks! I was just about to do a search on that issue.

No worries.
See below for the thread:

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/mk6-gti-rattle-upon-acceleration-resolved-via-tpi-2021062-7-a-47765-82.html

ch0p
29-11-2011, 12:30 PM
So I've been driving my Jetta for past couple of weeks .........

where are the PICS? !!

frozze
29-11-2011, 12:53 PM
where are the PICS? !!

LOL! forgot about this.. I'll upload some tonight! :D

slitko
30-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Yeah was gonna say you got the car already and no pics!

frozze
30-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Wow epic fail. Haha I'll try it again later

slitko
30-11-2011, 12:05 PM
ROFL nice pics ;) :D

frozze
02-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Ok! Here we go!

Some shots I took just after I picked the car up.. 11/11/11 :D

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6441028577_4b394d4164_b-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6441028415_4332c2ea71_b-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6441028231_b5ee02c51f_b-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6441028077_0cfa297356_b-1.jpg

Changed the stock main bulbs to some Philips Crystal Vision 4300k. The rest are still in their stock yellow bulbs!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6441048367_1436bf85dc_b-1.jpg

Will try to get some shots with the tint. Looks much better!

slitko
02-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Jetta wins award for best car under $50000 from NRMA awards

Rawcpoppa
03-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Ok! Here we go!

Some shots I took just after I picked the car up.. 11/11/11 :D

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6441028577_4b394d4164_b-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6441028415_4332c2ea71_b-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6441028231_b5ee02c51f_b-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6441028077_0cfa297356_b-1.jpg

Changed the stock main bulbs to some Philips Crystal Vision 4300k. The rest are still in their stock yellow bulbs!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6441048367_1436bf85dc_b-1.jpg

Will try to get some shots with the tint. Looks much better!

Nice pics! What are the names of these wheels? Do you know the diameter and offset as well as weight of one?

Trying to decide if to stick with the ones I'm getting on mine. Interlagos style wheels are calling my name.

fencer
03-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Picked up my black 147 Highline with Sports Pack. Fitted LED DRLs.

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9679/ausjetta1.jpg

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/545/ausjetta2.jpg

frozze
03-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Picked up my black 147 Highline with Sports Pack. Fitted LED DRLs.

Nice! All you need now is some tint!!

slitko
03-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Both cars look great guys :D

Brother cant wait for ours to arrive in March.

Fencer - Was it hard putting in the LED DRLs? Will want to do the same

anthony
04-12-2011, 10:04 AM
My favorite alloy wheels is the design which comes as standatd on the 2.0TSI and US SEL models...looks stunning.

fencer
04-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Both cars look great guys :D

Brother cant wait for ours to arrive in March.

Fencer - Was it hard putting in the LED DRLs? Will want to do the same

No, took about 20 minutes from start to finish (and I'm not very mechanical). It is fiddly as it's a small space in the light housing and does require a bit of using your finger tips to feel the way - but it's not a hard job. Worth doing the change to LEDs.

Before anyone asks - got mine mail order from Superbrightleds in the US:

LED Car Lights & Bulbs, 12 Volt - Super Bright LEDs (http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2F1157.htm)

Use the vehicle finder link on that page for a 2011 Jetta and there are a few types of 1156 LEDs available. Took about two weeks to arrive in the mail and they have been working perfectly. I would avoid the cheapo LEDs for sale on Ebay.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6874/ausjetta3.jpg

frozze
06-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Managed to wash the car today. Some new pics with the tint.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6465428625_3a6f366086_z-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6465452963_65e364f647_z-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6465428959_e2e110125d_z-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/12/6465429087_28aa2c95fe_z-1.jpg

Lucas_R
18-01-2012, 12:36 PM
My brother recently purchased a Skoda 77TSI and it has this same noise. I can replicate a very similar noise if i manually shake the wastegate shaft on the car (engine off of course). Its quite loose/slack and i think this is the cause of the rattle.

EDIT: upon further investigation it seems that this rattle is most likely either a fuel line or a/c pipe rubbing.

slitko
26-04-2012, 01:02 AM
Our car has arrived at dealer but will not be able to pickup till around middle of May, am overseas :P

Rawcpoppa
26-04-2012, 08:51 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/04/bed56ec97fbe02d8-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/04/bed56ec97fce5572-1.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/bed56ec9-7fdd-9101.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/04/bed56ec97fec44f5-1.jpg

Accepted delivery Monday :)
Loving it so far.

anthony
26-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Awesome looking,looks like our 2.0 TSI/US market 2.5 SEL.

frozze
28-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Finally! Congrats!

slitko
19-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Picked up brothers Jetta this week, 147 Highline and he loves it.

Great car so car will try get some pics soon

onepeg14
20-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Hi All

Got my second hand rims fitted to my Jetta (only amount the wife would let me spend!). Have had it for a week on monday, love it.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/IMG_0420-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/IMG_0419-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/IMG_0418-1.jpg

Hopefully going to get a bit lower in the next couple of weeks and then looking at a tune post June.

anthony
22-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Nice looking Jetta with good looking alloys,ENJOY.

is1d
19-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Gotta go low guys ;)

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/7358/47863932911274049609069.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/47863932911274049609069.jpg/)

ziggyboy
19-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey is1d. What did you do to lower your car? H&R springs?

Btw, just a quick update about me and my Jetta. Bought it late December 2011 and now got 14,200 kms on it. I also moved to Canberra from Sydney for work so that meant initially driving back and forth during the interview process + moving. All I can say is WOW, it is so comfortable to drive between Canberra and Sydney. I am so happy I got this car.. and it's such a pleasure to drive around Canberra as well!

Only thing I dislike is that I'd need to change my number plates to ACT ones eventually. I've got NSW Euros. Dreading those ugly standard ACT's :(

dougmo
27-06-2012, 09:58 PM
I just purchased a white 147TSI + Sports Pack + Sunroof, not a bad jigger

ziggyboy
28-06-2012, 01:00 PM
I just purchased a white 147TSI + Sports Pack + Sunroof, not a bad jigger

Nice. Gone all out ey? I got the "Poverty Pack" 118TSI. LOL! Would love to have a sunroof and the sports pack.... and all the goodies that come with the Comfortline models.

29-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Hey Guys, I got my new Jetta last friday and im loving every second of it !!! Im trying to attach a photo but the website will not let me ! So ill keep trying..

ziggyboy
29-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Hey Guys, I got my new Jetta last friday and im loving every second of it !!! Im trying to attach a photo but the website will not let me ! So ill keep trying..
Upload it to imageshack then link it here.

anthony
30-06-2012, 07:22 AM
I have spent this past month in the USA,and was blown away by how many new Jettas are on the roads there.

Most common car after Camry,Corolla,Civic,and Accord.

dougmo
30-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Nice. Gone all out ey? I got the "Poverty Pack" 118TSI. LOL! Would love to have a sunroof and the sports pack.... and all the goodies that come with the Comfortline models.

Yep, went for it, I desperately wanted the 18" motorsport wheels too but they are a touch pricey :(

02-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Hey guys , Here are a couple of pictures of my Jetta .. Hope the link works ..
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/20120625132357.png/)
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/20120625130722.png/)

phaeton
02-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Looks great DeFault :D (linked pictures for you)

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8612/20120625132357.png
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/2950/20120625130722.png

anthony
03-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Nice looking Jetta with the GTI alloys.

03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks heaps mate !!!