PDA

View Full Version : Scirocco R Aust Release - Options

ZIO
13-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Hey guys,

I'm pretty disappointed with the options on the new Scirocco R - mostly the lack of LEATHER? Has anybody been able to order a factory Scirocco with Leather?

Also anybody got any photos of the 'tilting panoramic blah blah sunroof' ? Can you actually stick your head out of it ?

poloplayer
13-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Hey zio, I'm pretty disappointed about the lack of leather too :facepalm: the sunroof I believe is tilt only, no sliding function

Hail22
14-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Hey zio, I'm pretty disappointed about the lack of leather too :facepalm: the sunroof I believe is tilt only, no sliding function

You've got to be joking right? Meh might aswell wait for the Mercedes AMG Hatch they reckon its an R and S3 Killer with pricing between an S3 and a mid optioned Golf R (five door).

Andych
14-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Yep... wait until sometime in 2013 for a new A Class that will be a hatchback.... not a Sports Coupe.
If you are waiting for that you may as well go for a Golf R now....
As for the Sunroof..... that is how it has always been for Scirocco, exactly the same as it is for the Passat CC.
If you really want Leather you could always have the seats done locally, it would most likely be cheaper that way too... just a thought.

Hail22
14-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Yep... wait until sometime in 2013 for a new A Class that will be a hatchback.... not a Sports Coupe.
If you are waiting for that you may as well go for a Golf R now....
As for the Sunroof..... that is how it has always been for Scirocco, exactly the same as it is for the Passat CC.
If you really want Leather you could always have the seats done locally, it would most likely be cheaper that way too... just a thought.

Got the new Polo TSI so i'm patient and can wait til 2013 :D

I was considering a Golf GTI or R problem is i'm hearing mid next year the MK7 will be released which lead me to a new gen like the polo, why didn't i get the GTI? last August there was no such thing as a GTI so i went with the TSI...love my little rocket!

Andych
14-09-2011, 08:29 AM
The wait for Polo GTI is horrendous... they are nice though.

I was told on Monday when I ordered my Rocco that there will be no Golf R production for at least the first 3 months of next year...
I am not sure on the release of Golf Mk 7, you would think if it was going to be mid next year they would be releasing it at Frankfurt Motor Show now...

Crystal Balling I guess... I am happy with what I have on order so all is good... :cool:

Hail22
14-09-2011, 08:53 AM
The wait for Polo GTI is horrendous... they are nice though.

I was told on Monday when I ordered my Rocco that there will be no Golf R production for at least the first 3 months of next year...
I am not sure on the release of Golf Mk 7, you would think if it was going to be mid next year they would be releasing it at Frankfurt Motor Show now...

Crystal Balling I guess... I am happy with what I have on order so all is good... :cool:

What matters is your happy with your purchase and more than likely people will be tail gating you then coming along side you for a run or two :P

ZIO
14-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah cool I agree with the after market leather idea it will probably make more sense to do it locally if it were that important.

Another two questions:

1) Are there any websites with pics of the colour range for the R (MY2012)? To get an idea of what the R looks like the different options

2) Is the in built GPS option any good / same as what is in any of the current range?

Andych
14-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Another two questions:

1) Are there any websites with pics of the colour range for the R (MY2012)? To get an idea of what the R looks like the different options

2) Is the in built GPS option any good / same as what is in any of the current range?

VW Australia website and go to E-Brochures.
Volkswagen Australia (http://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/ebrochures.html)
The full brochure is there including all the colours. The main differences in colours are Viper Green has been added and no United Grey, instead they have Indium Grey Metallic.

As for the Sat Nav, it will be exactly as per the current version.

vesssh
14-09-2011, 01:23 PM
How good are the Dynaudio speakers over the standard speakers? Is it worth the $1100?

Also, what about the sat nav? Worth it or just cheaper to buy a portable one . . .

DoggieHowser
14-09-2011, 01:32 PM
How good are the Dynaudio speakers over the standard speakers? Is it worth the $1100?

Awwww man. Now you gone and done it. Opened Pandora's box :)

Here's the argument in a nutshell.

The car is sonically the worst place for putting good speakers.

But putting in an aftermarket set comparable to the Dynaudio would probably set you back more than the factory option.

And yes, there's a noticeable improvement over the original system.

Whether it's worth it to you... only you can decide.

Also, what about the sat nav? Worth it or just cheaper to buy a portable one . . .

Pros - the RNS is built into the car so no running trailing wires to the cigarette socket. No need to hide the satnav when you park the car in slightly less savoury places which may otherwise be a very obvious target on the dash.

Pros - Integrated with the MFD display. Can work without peering down too far from what's ahead. Like when checking your speed.

Cons - expensive.

Cons - map updates are a PITA. Seems like you'd need an unofficial support channel from the forums. Not sure what VWA's policy is regarding map updates cos a number of guys get it off ebay. Contrast this with the lifetime map upgrades from Garmin for instance.

triode12
14-09-2011, 02:12 PM
My Dealer service centre installs the new maps for me for free. Just have to ask them for it.

vesssh
14-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Scirocco R with DSG : $49,990
Dynaudio Excite 300W premium audio system : $1100
Panoramic electrically tilting glass roof : $1800
RNS510 satellite navigation system : $2500

Volkswagen website driveaway price in VIC : $55,005.42

With options : $60,405.42

I wonder what discounts you could get . . .

I am thinking maybe $52,500 driveaway

or if I was to go with the auto option, $50,000 driveaway

Andych
14-09-2011, 02:33 PM
I wonder what discounts you could get . . .

I am thinking maybe $52,500 driveaway

or if I was to go with the auto option, $50,000 driveaway

You have got to be kidding... right? :facepalm:
The only Discount you will get is if you are eligible for Corporate Plus, other than that no dealer will discount when they have such a limited number of vehicles to start with..

My local Dealer who are quite large only had 4 cars allocated to them in the first lot, there could well be up to a 12 month wait after the initial release so you may be able to get a discount on one of those... and wait until 2013.

Most people agree that the pricing is pretty hot as it is.. good luck if you can get anything more.

vesssh
14-09-2011, 02:39 PM
I got a 12k discount when I bought my MKV GTI, I am eligible for the corporate discount

Hail22
14-09-2011, 02:44 PM
You have got to be kidding... right? :facepalm:
The only Discount you will get is if you are eligible for Corporate Plus, other than that no dealer will discount when they have such a limited number of vehicles to start with..

My local Dealer who are quite large only had 4 cars allocated to them in the first lot, there could well be up to a 12 month wait after the initial release so you may be able to get a discount on one of those... and wait until 2013.

Most people agree that the pricing is pretty hot as it is.. good luck if you can get anything more.

Considering the price and all and all dependant if your willing to wait til 2013 plus 59-60 is pretty darn sweet.

To be honest and also confusing...there is a load of new designed vehicles coming out next year lets go through it briefly

Toyota FJ-86 (basically a supra)

Volkswagen Golf Mk7 (rumour but by what is going around auto mags etc it seems exactly the same before the MKVI release)

Mercedes AMG A-Class (also rumour to have a B class AMG however this is a hatch not a sports coupe)

Nissan S - possible replacement to the old S15 200sx however more in line with Renault designing etc (rumour design/project 2013)

However if your a hard core VW driver and only want Dubs...go on carsales you will find there is three 3 door Golf R's (mind you under 55k) and four 5 doors going for around about 62k plus or minus depending dealer/seller.

Now with that you get AWD blah blah blah, then again you get more standard components in the Rocco.

pologti18t
14-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Considering the price and all and all dependant if your willing to wait til 2013 plus 59-60 is pretty darn sweet.

To be honest and also confusing...there is a load of new designed vehicles coming out next year lets go through it briefly

Toyota FJ-86 (basically a supra)

Volkswagen Golf Mk7 (rumour but by what is going around auto mags etc it seems exactly the same before the MKVI release)

Mercedes AMG A-Class (also rumour to have a B class AMG however this is a hatch not a sports coupe)

Nissan S - possible replacement to the old S15 200sx however more in line with Renault designing etc (rumour design/project 2013)

However if your a hard core VW driver and only want Dubs...go on carsales you will find there is three 3 door Golf R's (mind you under 55k) and four 5 doors going for around about 62k plus or minus depending dealer/seller.

Now with that you get AWD blah blah blah, then again you get more standard components in the Rocco.

FT86 = basically a slow coupe (2L normally aspirated). It's not a supra.
Mk7 Golf... probably released late next year in europe and 6 months later here (2013)... then you wait first for the GTi and then longer for the R models
Mercedes A Class.... normal models released first.. we wait for 3-6 months... then AMG models which may or may not come here.
Nissan S? S15 replacement? hmmmmm... years away.

I don't think any of them as a sure bet for 2012 release in this market except the FT86

Andych
14-09-2011, 03:43 PM
I got a 12k discount when I bought my MKV GTI, I am eligible for the corporate discount

Well go place an order and then tell everyone what price you ended up with...... Corporate Plus is not anywhere near $12k..

My Order says $61,137 for DSG, fully loaded with Euro Plates in Sydney.
My other half's Employer has a program in place for Employees and immediate family for Corporate Plus and when it comes nearer to actual delivery I will finalise it all then.

ZIO
14-09-2011, 05:18 PM

Yep I have the same questions as they are really expensive options for what they are.
Anybody have info > link to where it shows the difference with the Dynaudio vs stock? Or is it just a few more speakers a sub, an amp and more volume?

Andych
14-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Yep I have the same questions as they are really expensive options for what they are.
Anybody have info > link to where it shows the difference with the Dynaudio vs stock? Or is it just a few more speakers a sub, an amp and more volume?

Realistically $1100 is peanuts for enhanced Audio.. you also need to figure out your normal listening habits...
Even then the difference is going to be purely subjective... what one person likes in terms of upgraded Audio the next will hate.
If you want to gauge the differences... go to your VW Dealer and ask to listen to a GTI or similar with Dynaudio and one without...then make up your mind.

Brendan_A
14-09-2011, 06:02 PM

There are threads on this in the MK6 section. Find a dealer that has the two and compare it for your self. Everyone has different taste and needs. Only you can decide. They are woth the extra coin to me.

vesssh
14-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Well go place an order and then tell everyone what price you ended up with...... Corporate Plus is not anywhere near $12k..

My Order says $61,137 for DSG, fully loaded with Euro Plates in Sydney.
My other half's Employer has a program in place for Employees and immediate family for Corporate Plus and when it comes nearer to actual delivery I will finalise it all then.

Depending how good you are with negotiating, you should get at least 5% to 10% discount off the list price before on road costs and options.
Also remove about 50% off the dealer delivery and negotiate on a discount for the options.

FASTCRAIG
14-09-2011, 08:36 PM
If you have already signed the dotted line and payed a deposit at the list price, I dont think any corporate program access will make a difference, after all, you wouldnt expect your dealer to increase the price after you signed up?

MrGTIandRfan
14-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Cannot wait to take one out on a test drive!

The lack of leather is a bummer - love the vienna leather in my GTI. At those prices, would seriously consider moving up to a Scirocco R in manual in the future. However, it's probably not much of an upgrade considering how fantastic the GTI is, especially with a chip + exhaust tune.

Andych
14-09-2011, 10:08 PM
I dont think any corporate program access will make a difference.

Already discussed with the Dealer in question before signing and they don't have a problem with it as it is a VWA issue... not off their bottom line ... but hey... if it doesn't happen then it doesn't matter..

I am at least realistic... unlike
Depending how good you are with negotiating, you should get at least 5% to 10% discount off the list price before on road costs and options.
Also remove about 50% off the dealer delivery and negotiate on a discount for the options.

Dealers do not need to discount these vehicles to sell the very limited stocks they are getting....
As I said earlier.... go negotiate and order one... then tell us the exact figures you get ....

vesssh
14-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Cannot wait to take one out on a test drive!

The lack of leather is a bummer - love the vienna leather in my GTI. At those prices, would seriously consider moving up to a Scirocco R in manual in the future. However, it's probably not much of an upgrade considering how fantastic the GTI is, especially with a chip + exhaust tune.

Why would you consider going from DSG to manual?

Cookie28
14-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Why would you consider going from DSG to manual?

Because manuals awesome... Oops

vesssh
15-09-2011, 08:49 AM
Already discussed with the Dealer in question before signing and they don't have a problem with it as it is a VWA issue... not off their bottom line ... but hey... if it doesn't happen then it doesn't matter..

I am at least realistic... unlike

Dealers do not need to discount these vehicles to sell the very limited stocks they are getting....
As I said earlier.... go negotiate and order one... then tell us the exact figures you get ....

That's what they said about the MKV GTI . . .

pologti18t
15-09-2011, 09:59 AM
That's what they said about the MKV GTI . . .

Yeah, but you bought a MKV that was essential runout stock (2009).... ;)

Andych
15-09-2011, 11:53 AM
LOL . . . another keyboard warrior . . .

Nope.. he was just stating FACTS. The Mk6 GTI went on sale in Australia in October 2009..

Hail22
15-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Agreed

After doing some research the Scirocco has been out for about 4 years in Europe. Would that mean that a new model would be due soon?

That's my concern and rumours with some mates that they may be going for a RWD or AWD option, then a mate who works in Admin for Porsche thinks an over stock of chassis' that didn't sell in the UK that are just sitting on a shelf til a god send came when VWA decided to sell in Australia...idk something makes me think...in Europe they had leather etc as options...so why all of a sudden only provide the cloth?

Is there an overstock of cloth and no more leather?

Is it a ploy by VW to get rid of old Chassis' that were just sitting on the rack waiting for an idea to pop up what to do with them?

From what i know...a build number and plate only goes on the car when the vehicle is complete right? (paint, engine, interior fit-out).

vesssh
15-09-2011, 10:43 PM
That's my concern and rumours with some mates that they may be going for a RWD or AWD option, then a mate who works in Admin for Porsche thinks an over stock of chassis' that didn't sell in the UK that are just sitting on a shelf til a god send came when VWA decided to sell in Australia...idk something makes me think...in Europe they had leather etc as options...so why all of a sudden only provide the cloth?

Is it a ploy by VW to get rid of old Chassis' that were just sitting on the rack waiting for an idea to pop up what to do with them?

From what i know...a build number and plate only goes on the car when the vehicle is complete right? (paint, engine, interior fit-out).

What to do now . . .

Need to change my car next year and looking at either the Scirocco R or Golf R.
Rumors are that there is a new Golf coming out at the end of 2012 and now maybe there might only be a short release for the Scirocco R . . .

writeoff
16-09-2011, 12:44 AM
If you intend to buy a new car there will always be a new model coming out soon that will supposedly be better looking, faster, more frugal, better built, and get you laid more often. However, as we have seen, this is not always the case. In Australia we usually get a lag of 6 months to 3+ years on new models so at least we can read journalists' reviews from UK, USA, Japan & Europe as well as owners' reports from forums before handing over our hard earned $.

vesssh you say that you need to change your car next year but is this a genuine need or a desire? If it is an actual need then I presume you will have a specific date which will eliminate some of the cars you are currently pondering. Will you need the hatch of the Golf or does the Scirocco provide enough loading space? (I haven't checked the specs). Do you need an R seeing as you already have a GTR with nearly 350kW at the wheels and a Pulsar spinning 235kW through the front wheels?

I'm facing the same decisions as you but I don't need to change my car, I would just like something a bit newer than my Pug 205 GTI that I've had since January 1998 (and another one for 2 years before that).

Andych
16-09-2011, 06:57 AM
After doing some research the Scirocco has been out for about 4 years in Europe. Would that mean that a new model would be due soon?

I think European Summer 2008 was the first release of Scirocco III so up to this point it is 3 years... There has been no "sightings" or "leaks" re a new Scirocco that I am aware of.. there is some stuff around about a facelift in 2013 but that was about all I could find.

I found this after I had posted... info on page 2 suggests April 2014 for Scirocco 4
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/VW-Golf-Mk7-2012-mule-spy-photos/?content-block=0

An oversupply of "chassis" would not explain the very long lead times on the R for UK, Europe, NZ etc. There are many stories in other forums in Europe with wait times of 9 to 12 months.. I think the limitation of options was the only way VWA could tap into the build stream to get vehicles in such a short time and there was a need to keep pricing below Luxury Tax levels as well as be close to the Megane RS250... Just my opinion though.. :)
I have seen the scheduled build dates for at least 4 of the cars coming to Aust..All between weeks 42 to 49.

What to do now . . .

Need to change my car next year and looking at either the Scirocco R or Golf R.
Rumors are that there is a new Golf coming out at the end of 2012 and now maybe there might only be a short release for the Scirocco R . . .

There is no "official" release for Golf 7 and going on past history the Frankfurt Motor Show (on now) would be where they announce a release.... although spy shots of the Mk7 are cropping up now so it may be a 2012 release (we won't see it till 2013) but what about GTI and R versions.... 2014 perhaps?

Either one is going to be similar to the situation you would have had with your current GTI although neither the Roc or Golf7 have been announced so you have probably got an extra year...

It is going to be a tough decision to make... ideally you would wait until you could test drive them both etc but I am not sure you will be able to wait that long to get what you want... without a very long wait anyway..

I decided 18 months ago that "if" Scirocco came to Australia I would buy one... so it was easy for me.. I was able to spend a bit of time sitting in one down at Scuderia Imports and it felt "right". So my decision was easy and the timing was about right with regard to my current car...

Transporter
16-09-2011, 08:03 AM
Just the right options to my taste you've ordered Andych. Do you have approx. delivery date?

To some others, stop going onto each other hair. When you call someone a keyboard warrior make sure that you don't act as one. :?
I will clean this thread (will get rid of) the minor insults and off topic chat, just so we don't set a bad example to other members what and how to post in this section.

Andych
16-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Just the right options to my taste you've ordered Andych. Do you have approx. delivery date?

Thanks.. even though they are the "only" options.. lol I think they have just about got the mix right...
Anyway.. I am looking at a March delivery at this stage, it may happen earlier if there is an earlier car coming in so they can do a Dealer Swap. Either way I am fine with it.
I will certainly be having a test drive of their fully loaded Deep Black Pearl that is due in early December. They look so good in Black ... but I have a metallic black car now and it is a major PITA to keep clean so I will not go there again...

On a slightly different note... RVC is available in certain European countries.. and I have found some info on doing a retro-fit.. That will be a definite Mod for me..

vesssh
16-09-2011, 09:22 AM
If you intend to buy a new car there will always be a new model coming out soon that will supposedly be better looking, faster, more frugal, better built, and get you laid more often. However, as we have seen, this is not always the case. In Australia we usually get a lag of 6 months to 3+ years on new models so at least we can read journalists' reviews from UK, USA, Japan & Europe as well as owners' reports from forums before handing over our hard earned $.

vesssh you say that you need to change your car next year but is this a genuine need or a desire? If it is an actual need then I presume you will have a specific date which will eliminate some of the cars you are currently pondering. Will you need the hatch of the Golf or does the Scirocco provide enough loading space? (I haven't checked the specs). Do you need an R seeing as you already have a GTR with nearly 350kW at the wheels and a Pulsar spinning 235kW through the front wheels?

I'm facing the same decisions as you but I don't need to change my car, I would just like something a bit newer than my Pug 205 GTI that I've had since January 1998 (and another one for 2 years before that).

I will be procuring a new car around June-July 2012 as my current lease is for 3 years, and like to change my daily car over every 3 years to maximise tax etc etc etc.

Yes I do own two other high powered cars (one for which will soon be sold, Pulsar SSS), but I also like to drive a smooth and fast daily.

I have been looking at many other cars includiing FG F6, HSV Clubsport, WRX/STI, BMW 125i, Alfa Romeo Brera but I am know I will be just as happy with another VW.

The look of the Scirocco R is growing on me, but the lack of a sliding sunroof and no leather is making me lean towards the Golf R.

sharkablue
19-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Well I went to my local dealer on the weekend to get a dealer trade in value for my GTI. It ended up being the dealer recommending that I sell it privately as I would get alot more for it. (close to $10,000 more).

I was informed they have 1 demo arriving in December, and 2 Rising Blue Scirocco R's arriving in late Feb/Early March. After that I will need to order and the wait is expected to be around 6 months (same length of time I waited for the GTI).

They are not willing to budge on price too much, the only negotiable thing was the dealer delivery fee which I got down by a grand or so. And this is considering I am dealing with the same rep that I purchased a Tiguan and GTI off (he remembered me).

Im tossing up what to do here. Ever since I saw the production Scirocco, I wanted it so so so so bad. I ended up with the 3 Door GTI, as that was the closest thing to a Scirocco at the time. The thing which is stopping me is the fact that I need to go through the hassle of selling my GTI Privately and having to time it to when I will be getting the Scirocco (Having limited car access over the Summer/Xmas period will kill me).

What do people think?

golf_r32
20-09-2011, 12:30 AM
For people who are considering the Scirocco I managed to get a deal I was very happy with so you can use this as a baseline...

2012 built for delivery in mid year (my choice...could have requested 2011 built for Jan/Feb delivery)
Candy white
DSG
Sunroof
Sat Nav
Tint

$54K driveaway

writeoff
20-09-2011, 05:08 AM
Thanks for that golf_r32. Did you have to wait the extra 5-6 months to get your exact specifications or just to get the 2012 build date?

On the topic of options I'm surprised by the amount of people on VWWatercooled with DSG & to a lesser extent a sunroof. I'm guessing more members here use their cars solely on the street. I have been pondering for a long time about the DSG but think I would prefer a manual given how much time I have spent practicing how to heel toe. On other car forums you sometimes see cars with a sunroof being less valued as they are less/unsuitable to build into a track or drag car. Personally I have a sunroof on the Pug 205 that slides but doesn't tilt and I find I use it for some days in Autumn & Spring and Summer nights. Other than that it is either too hot, too bright or too wet but I guess if I lived on the Gold Coast I would have a different perspective.

I agree with vesssh that I would prefer the Scirocco came with leather. Did you have that option golf_r32 seeing as you will have to wait so long?

sharkablue
20-09-2011, 07:40 AM
golf_R32, That is a pretty damn good price. I have PM'ed you to get some more info.

Corey_R
20-09-2011, 08:43 AM
As golf_r32 has proven, if you're willing to wait and not take one of the initial arrivals, you should be to negotiate a nice deal from day 1. This has been the case with previous new model releases, dispite what many people have said about their being high demand and therefore no deals to be done.

Just one word of caution for people who are "pre-ordering" and expecting a car from the initial allocation. Whilst the Scirocco is a LOT simpler in options than previous VW releases, please be aware of the history on this:
Volkswage Group Australia have stated that dealers should not take customer orders until the actual release date of the cars
As VGA have this stance, and since you can't put an order in the system until the release date, any customer who does place "an order" is really just putting their name in the barrel for the lucky dip.
Essentially, you can nominate a transmission, colour and options, but since the dealer has not ordered your car, what you will get is only what the dealer randomly receives.
Often there may be a car available which has most but not all of your options, and you need to settle.
If your dealer does not receive a car anywhere near your specification (in past releases, this was quite common), then your next chance is whether the dealer is able to organise any dealer swaps.
If that fails, you then need to try and source one yourself from another dealer and see whether your original dealer is willing to refund your deposit (they should).
If all that fails, then you either need to wait the 4 to 6 months, or walk away.

In other words... if you're expecting to receive a car this year, then be willing to compromise, as in the past, the majority of people have had to do that or wait.

vesssh
20-09-2011, 08:51 AM
For people who are considering the Scirocco I managed to get a deal I was very happy with so you can use this as a baseline...

2012 built for delivery in mid year (my choice...could have requested 2011 built for Jan/Feb delivery)
Candy white
DSG
Sunroof
Sat Nav
Tint

$54K driveaway

Nice negotiating!!!

I wasnt too far off when I said $52,500 in another post with the options you listed.

Lupo
20-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Hey Corey
Scirocco R is apparently diffently from the usual VGA procedure. To start with they usually don't release pricing and spec until the official launch. For Scirocco they have done so and therefore they are happy for the dealers to take orders. We had the same statement from a few dealers and also their call centre.
But otherwise I guess it is like you say: pick from stock or wait for the order to come in if the right car is not available.
Dealer said that demos will get delivered before Xmas (subject to shipping schedules) and the launch is next year (end of January?). Can't wait to take it for a spin around the block.

Corey_R
20-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah, it seems that they are being "nicer" this time around by doing a "4 month launch" - like you say, demos this year, and the actual first shipments next year. I've also heard that they're opening up NADCON orders soon. I guess it's still worth being 100% sure what the dealer is telling you, and not falling into the traps of a sales guy wanting to get an order placed and the forgetting the reality during all the emotion and excitement of purchasing a car :)

So just be very clear with the dealers, about whether you're getting one of the demos, random floor stock (both of which would be the "lucky dip" as far as specs and options), or whether you are waiting for the (2nd, 3rd, 4th?) shipment when the actual "built to order" cars come in.

Also remember that if you are getting a factory order, that as soon as the NADCON order is put through, they should be able to give you the COMM number, and print outs/screenshots of order etc.

Check the 1st post of the How to track the car you have ordered? (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/how-track-car-you-have-ordered-31644.html) thread for more details.

Lupo
20-09-2011, 11:46 AM
NADCON is open already. We ordered our new toy last week and saw on the screen that Scirocco is on the list of the car configurator. But we are getting one which already had a week allocated. If it doesn't get delayed for some reason it should be here in February.

Andych
20-09-2011, 07:11 PM

Candy white
DSG
Sunroof
Sat Nav
Tint

$54K driveaway

Hmmm I would like to see a breakdown of the actual pricing or what discounts were applied...
Does the price include Euro plates?
Tint is neither here or there as it is only the front windows and they would have tossed that in regardless.
My Dealer offered it but I prefer to arrange it myself..
It isn't much help to anyone unless we know how the discounts were applied....

Corey_R
20-09-2011, 07:22 PM
It isn't much help to anyone unless we know how the discounts were applied....
Really it's no one's business how the discounts were applied. Just that they were.
Nowhere else do we drill down into where. What does it matter if the dealer took it off the drive away costs, or the dealer margin, or the options? It's not relevant.

The only thing that is, is whether a corporate discount was used, and then, which state/post code it's from.

sharkablue
20-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Yeah a breakdown is not required. We just need to know 2 things:

- Was Corporate Discount used
- Which state this was purchased from.

I have emailed my two closest dealers (and ones my family has bought VW's from in the past), awaiting a email/call back tomorrow.

Barloworld Glen Waverley wanted 56K Drive Away for a stock standard model with DSG, no other options. However this was for the initial stock landing in Febuary/March.

Hail22
20-09-2011, 07:44 PM
I have noticed Barloworld over all to be a rip off, personal experiences compared to other dealerships however some people may think differently....

Andych
20-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Really it's no one's business how the discounts were applied. Just that they were.
Nowhere else do we drill down into where. What does it matter if the dealer took it off the drive away costs, or the dealer margin, or the options? It's not relevant.

The only thing that is, is whether a corporate discount was used, and then, which state/post code it's from.

Actually Cory your Golf R pricing spreadsheet does drill down at least to differentiating between Dealer delivery charges and whatever additional discount there is... which then relates back to a percentage from Full retail. :)
This was more what I was meaning...

golf_r32
20-09-2011, 09:38 PM
More information since it sparked some interest! Sorry will not do a breakdown of the cost as that's irrelevant and retyping numbers with the final figure saying $54k anyway aren't all that interesting :facepalm:

NSW dealer with no corporate discount ( I do qualify for corp rates but didn't ask since I was happy with the final figure)
Leather is not an option
Tint is for all windows and not just front ones
Also includes rear scuff plate which I didn't mention because it was insignificant but including now for completeness.
The 2012 mid year delivery was my choice as I could have taken the 1st allocation in Jan/feb if I wanted to. I specifically wanted 2012 build date. Dealer said earliest delivery for 2012 build is around May/June because of the build process, shipping, compliance etc
Not euro plates (I have my own personal ones "ROC-00R". :banana:

writeoff
21-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks (again) golf_r32. Now begins the hard part... the wait, but I gather that is standard with performance VWs.

MrGTIandRfan
22-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Well I went to my local dealer on the weekend to get a dealer trade in value for my GTI. It ended up being the dealer recommending that I sell it privately as I would get alot more for it. (close to $10,000 more).

I was informed they have 1 demo arriving in December, and 2 Rising Blue Scirocco R's arriving in late Feb/Early March. After that I will need to order and the wait is expected to be around 6 months (same length of time I waited for the GTI).

They are not willing to budge on price too much, the only negotiable thing was the dealer delivery fee which I got down by a grand or so. And this is considering I am dealing with the same rep that I purchased a Tiguan and GTI off (he remembered me).

Im tossing up what to do here. Ever since I saw the production Scirocco, I wanted it so so so so bad. I ended up with the 3 Door GTI, as that was the closest thing to a Scirocco at the time. The thing which is stopping me is the fact that I need to go through the hassle of selling my GTI Privately and having to time it to when I will be getting the Scirocco (Having limited car access over the Summer/Xmas period will kill me).

What do people think?

If you can afford to lose the $$$ in performing this exercise, then go for it. However, I will be waiting to test one before even deciding whether it's worth it or not.

If you're bored and want to save a bit of coin, add a stage 1 tune to your GTI for some added fun. I've got a stage 2 setup running and it makes driving the car in stock tune seem BORING.

Andych
22-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks (again) golf_r32. Now begins the hard part... the wait, but I gather that is standard with performance VWs.

Did you place an order??? If you did, add to the tally and tell us what you ordered and how good a deal you got... :)

ZIO
24-09-2011, 11:43 AM
On Order ! Candy White with DSG, Sunroof and Dynaudio.. ! +1 Melbourne ;)

why_999
15-11-2011, 11:48 AM
You guys placed your orders months ago... The wait must be a killer..

I just orderd mine yesterday...

White, DSG, Sunroof and sat nav.

Can't wait to get rid of my 20yr old Celica.

Andych
15-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Where did you order it? I know a dealership very close to Hornsby had one in that spec as part of their allocation.. it may have gone by now though..

why_999
15-11-2011, 04:20 PM
I ordered it throught Barloworld at Five Dock. They had 3 cars, white, blue or black... And I think they still have black and the blue. Hopeless dealership..

But must say I enjoyed dealing with Barloworld at Mascot though... Had a much better experience but they sold all their alocated stock.