PDA

View Full Version : QLD SEQ drive number 4.

shaneth
21-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Well boys and girls i think i will the the ball rolling and hopefully someone else will take over. If not i may be persuaded to do it again. ;) Persoanlly i wanna do it before it gets to hot again as i want to give it a squirt and let my turbo enjoy the cooler temps. So i was thinking sept or oct. And then the where. We have already done gold coast hinterland and brisbane hinterland and toowoomba. so i was thinking the sunshine coast. this is just one road that i want to drive.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p162/shanethb/ultimatespiriteddrivevj.jpg

So its up to you guys. ideas, dates etc. start chatting.

Golfer
21-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Good going Shane...

That's an awesome looking drive! Fantastic roads, even Nebo and Glorious chucked in for a bit of fun!!! Should be good for stretching our little cars' legs...

Of course I'll be in for this one. Drive #3 was an enormous success, and I think we'll go even harder with this one (although we'll try to keep our cars the right way up). I'm sure a lot of people were kicking themselves for not making the effort to get up early and come along...

Bring along more Mk4's this time and some R32's, and let's see everyone from drive 3 there, it was a fantastic bunch of people. Perhaps we all need to think about saving for a CB radio before this drive, so we can all keep in contact over the course of the drive ;), and everything can run smoothly. I for one have complete confidence in Shaneth's fantastic cruise organisational skills...

Bring it on, the sooner the better (within reason of course)... What about mid August? It'll be plenty cool, and my little baby loves a run in the cold weather :D Besides that, I'm hangin' out for the next cruise :D

Well, I'm excited... Count me in!!!
John

Eddy
21-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Hoyhoy.
Eddy will say that he will be in the next run, no matter where we are off to.
P.S.No1. I trust Shane in his organising skills, so I know I'll be happy in the next run & of course with all the old faces.
P.S.No2. Even if Golfer is there.

ope126
21-06-2007, 08:54 PM
I am keen to meet up with you all; the sooner the better, howabout July some time??? :?

shaneth
21-06-2007, 09:07 PM
ope126 mate it takes us a while to get organised but when we do boy is it good ;)

japtaxi
21-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I should be right for sept and oct.. but not mid august as I'll be oversea. :D

jasn78
21-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Shane great cruise but what would everyone think of making it an overnighter say motel, or for those who dont mind going without creature comforts (NOT ME) camping grounds and doing some of the wonderful roads around the sunny coast hinterland the next day?

Golfer
21-06-2007, 10:10 PM
For an overnighter we've got the Sawtell cruise coming up.

Link: Sawtell Cruise (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=5721)

We'll all be travelling down to that together...

KI11Z
22-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Well, Shane, what a pleasant surprise! . . Havnt looked at the roads yet (:rolleyes:) but im sure they'll be fine! Def need lotsa stops for stagglers and chat time to get to know every one! also what about putting something on our cars with reference to our VWW usernames?! . . . :D

MINTpolo
22-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Looks like a good run, ive done those roads before on a mazda cruise and its a very good drive. Only issue was that the weekend traffic was a bit of a problem in a few places. Count me in.

mean_green_mk1
22-06-2007, 07:11 PM
sounds like this is going to be a another great cruise, well done to shaneth for starting. there seams to be a lot of good ideas coming up from the last one like saving for a cb radio or more stops for the stragglers and even vww forum names on cars sounds good.

i also like the idea of camping somewhere, should be good way to catch up with people that yo didn't get to talk to on the cruise

top idea on another run guys;)

KI11Z
23-06-2007, 05:50 PM
a stay over does sound like a sweet idea! hit the drinkies! lol j: drinkin n talkin dubs! whats betta??!! ;)

vwgtimkv
29-06-2007, 07:35 AM
I'd definitely be up for that. I'm originally from the Sunshine Coast, and those roads are really great. I'm up for something sooner rather than later. August suits me, but we would have to put it on a weekend other than 18/19th because that's the weekend of both the Sawtell cruise and Guy's GTI Drive Day. Thanks to Shane for again stepping into the ring.

Cheers
Steve

DaveMack
29-06-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm there! I only have two weekends in the foreseeable future that I won't be able to make it - last in Sept and 1st in October.

Dave

PS. Shane, if you want help with organising this one, count me in.

KI11Z
29-06-2007, 01:18 PM
bump-didly-ump! wheres aw my QUEEEENZLANDERRRRZ at! any others wanna have a say on the whole stay somewhere overnight idea?

O and ima get my license back in October sooo . . . . yeah :mad:j:

quozl
29-06-2007, 05:51 PM
If you guys are going to do an over nighter up the coast may I suggest you do the run in November when the Noosa Hillclimb is on. It is being held on the 11th and 12th of November and I may be competing in it after scoring an invite to attend at last weekends event in Maryborough.

It is a week after I get back from Buller sprints so I may not be able to do both but I will definitely be going to watch if not run,

Would be a great Saturday drive up and watch and then dinner on Saturday night in Noosa followed by more hillclimb action on Sunday and a drive back in the arvo.

We did this a couple of years ago with Club Audi and it was a fantastic weekend.

Cheers Alastair

tofo17
02-07-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm keen for another cruise, but for me the overnight option makes it a no go.

Cheers,
tofo17

jasn78
03-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Could have 2 or 3 options 1. is overnight for everyone (obviously not going to suit everyone) 2. SEQLD cruise on saturday and any1 who wants to o/night can and all cruise back on sunday. 3. those who wish to o/night do a cruise on saturday the others come up on sunday and enjoy the fab roads of sunny coast.

To me option 2 sounds the best as 3 is a bit too complex a get together

Cache
11-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Hey Guys,

These roads are fantastic. The Kenilworth and Maleny area is perfect for cruising, you just need to watch the bikes running wide on corners (happens all the time). I will definitly make the drive down from Noosa to be there at the start!

Cheers!

KI11Z
12-07-2007, 02:56 AM
kk, maybe the overnight is a nogoer! we'll keep that for the nsw meet up . . . any other suggestions on what can be improved upon??

Cache
12-07-2007, 12:12 PM
kk, maybe the overnight is a nogoer! we'll keep that for the nsw meet up . . . any other suggestions on what can be improved upon??

Perhaps the roads KI. You guys seem to finish the journey just before the montville / maleny road....this is probably some of the best driving on the trip, so perhaps you guys can run through that on the way home! Also, just to give some info on the Obi Obi range, its insanely tight and extreme caution needs to be taken on the way up, it's one way and all blind corners, if someone loses it there will be a domino effect...:'(

Looking forward to the drive, thanks!

- Jake.

craig_the_german
02-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

Have we settled on a date yet?

The family and I are keen to come along.

KI11Z
02-08-2007, 01:04 PM
lol. . . date?! this thread has been badly neglected! whats happened!! I keep meaning to jump on it and revive it, but too lazy :rolleyes: . . . .

:???:

Bing56
04-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Good on ya mate, another run suites our fast just fine. Im sure whatever it is will be great. Everyone just needs to be thankfull that someone has the get up and go to do all the work. Let make this one huge guys and we will try to keep at least three wheels on the ground hehej:

shaneth
04-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Well we need to settle on a date. Il start a poll for which month then break it down from there. This poll closes in a week.

Antdragonist
04-08-2007, 08:02 PM
whichever months good by me (as i wont be cruising - hilda doesnt like highways very much). but im keen to meet everyone at the start point to catch up, see some dubs etc. lol? anyway.
sawtell cruise is this month init?
an next month is that drag deally out at warwick, id say september tho.

DaveMack
05-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Yep ... I'm in ... whenever (but preferably Oct). :cool:

Dave

shaneth
06-08-2007, 06:54 AM
Yes weekend traffic is always an issue. Yesterday i went for a drive up glorious and down nebo and saw 3 cops up there, NOT that i was speeding. Just they are cracking down on the roads they know are riden/driven regularly. and when your up a mountian its so easy when coasting down a hill to accidently go over the speed so i think extra extra care is going to be needed so that noone gets done on ths run. Ill have to do a pre-run of this soon. Maybe in 2 weekends time.

KI11Z
07-08-2007, 02:51 AM
jeez, I hope I get the Jetta going by then(whenever it is)!!! soooo lazyyyyy . . .

DaveMack
07-08-2007, 07:05 AM
C'mon ppl ... NINE RESPONDENTS! Do we want another cruise or not? :?

Dave

Dr Spine
07-08-2007, 07:18 AM
I've got an insanely busy September so that one is out for me unfortunately.

Second half of October would work.

November would be fine.

Looks like the most popular choice so far is September so go for it if that's the one the majority want.

I'll keep an eye on this thread with interest and if it works out hope to make it on the drive again.

KI11Z
07-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Well, I can attend any date reeeeaaaaally, but I get ma license back in October . . . :rolleyes:

shaneth
07-08-2007, 04:32 PM
so alex that means unless we have it in october i guess youll be hitching a ride then? Pm me the date in october you get it back.

revnit
07-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Need to rally up some mk1 owners to share similair interests and chat to for the next curise :D

KI11Z
08-08-2007, 02:38 AM
so alex that means unless we have it in october i guess youll be hitching a ride then? Pm me the date in october you get it back.

Nah, aw good! I could get a driver for ma wheels if I dont . . . :rolleyes:

Antdragonist
08-08-2007, 09:28 AM
hrrhmmm, i think id volunteer my driving services for that one! :D
(if its the vr6 we are talkin about lol)

gpk_gti
08-08-2007, 05:51 PM
hmmmmmmm,, looks like a road trip on the cards!!! september???

better find some place for us to stay!!!!:D

Bing56
22-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Hey guys are we still on for the 4th Qld drive day as the thread seems to have lost momentum......?:?

craig_the_german
22-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi,

There are already a couple of VW related events organised for September and October for us in Brisbane.

Sunday 9th September - VW and Audi Action Day
Sat and Sun 29th-30th September - VW Warwick (Drags)
Sunday 28th October - All German Day

Other than those dates......it's an open calender :D

golfmeup
23-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Maybe tie in a drive with one of the club meets?

VW action dayon the 9th September at Clements ? (sorry if thats spelled wrong) park is mostly Air-cooled crew, it would be fun if a bunch of watercooled crew rock up and stirred up the beetles and buses!!

DaveMack
23-08-2007, 06:43 PM

VW action dayon the 9th September at Clements ? (sorry if thats spelled wrong) park is mostly Air-cooled crew, it would be fun if a bunch of watercooled crew rock up and stirred up the beetles and buses!!

Whats that ... 2 weeks away? I could be up for that.

Dave

shaneth
01-09-2007, 10:00 AM
ok everyone im loosing the internet soon for various reasons (after i complete the group buy i have started). I have told a few who i thought would like to take over the cruise organising. If you want to take control please do so. I will want to come to the cruise (golfer, davemack and eddy all have my number) just wont be able to organise it obviously. I think the generall concensus was to put it back to the one for charity. It doesnt even have to be the same route i was going to do. Anyway if someone could take over that would be awesome.

Sorry to be a pain just didnt want to say anything until i knew i was definitely going to loose the net for a month or so.

DaveMack
01-09-2007, 10:05 AM

Actually ... that's the same weekend as "Speed on Tweed" ... so I'll be heading South ... not North.

I think Shane is right ... we should put SEQ 4 back until we do the charity run (there's already more things happening in Sept than we can attend).

More than willing to help organise SEQ 4.

Dave