PDA

View Full Version : avatars

Rednut
30-05-2005, 10:20 AM
do we need to host the avatar files on the xs site?

Golf Loon
30-05-2005, 10:42 AM
No, you can load em from your computer through your profile. They must be the right size or they come out all a funny size. good luck.

imported_brackie
30-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah...Looney's right. If you're ouside of the parameters it won't show.

finemk1
21-06-2005, 08:52 PM
yo in regards to the wording above the little avatar, (pic) mine says turbo charged when my car is not turbo'd i dont liek how it says this when befor it said naturally aspirated, please tell me how to change this misleading info

el_foolio
21-06-2005, 08:59 PM
haha, this only refers to the amount of posts youve made, as you amke more and more posts, you become turbo charged or intercooled. you begin as naturally aspirated and go one from there, hope that clears it up mate

Golf Loon
21-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Can see how it could be misleading though. What about some colour Brackie, or move it below the pic. Or put rated : Turbo etc.

imported_brackie
22-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Oh...."You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time..." I think Abe Lincoln said that. (Or was it Bob Dylan????) There's not much that you can do to change colours etc without playing with the programme template. I'm not going to do that as if (or when) we get hacked or a new version comes out it will make my life very difficult to reinstall without the risk of losing data (previous posts).
So, if you are all unhappy with the silly ranking system that I invented I'll remove it, or if you have a better set of ranking names let me know. (It refers to the number of times a user has posted, or if you like has contributed to our community.) If you want to have a text heading with your avatar then import your picture into an image manipulation programme (Photoshop, Paintshop Pro etc), superimpose the text that you want to have over the pic, or put in a caption.

el_foolio
22-06-2005, 07:23 AM
i dont think you should get rid of t brackie, i like the rating system, its cool

finemk1
22-06-2005, 11:29 AM
thats cool..... i just hope if fellow golfers beat me on the street they dont get a large head, YAY i beat a turbo........oh wait.. beat me..hahahaha my mistake the only other golf to beat me is a orange 8v getting around canberra, man that thing is fast. damn golfs
but nah keep it brackie its cool, i was just having a little winge, nothing new oh how much longer befor i get an intercooler, (number of posts)

........whats a turbo without a cooler!!

Golf Loon
23-06-2005, 09:25 AM
...."You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time..."

I think it was Winston Churchill Brackie.

Keep the rating system I reckon its great. Especially as i`m Turbo Intercooled!

el_foolio
23-06-2005, 09:38 AM
true it was churchill, i agree keep it

ausgolfer
15-07-2005, 02:32 PM
The Club Gti forum in the UK uses a star system for their ratings, personally I think that's a lot better then saying turbo intercooled etc, I'm only new here and I made that assumption wrongly twice before working it out. Don't take it personally only my opinion to avoid confusion.
Cheers Carl.

imported_brackie
15-07-2005, 05:08 PM
But it won't work with this software. I'll try something similar.

gtigrl
11-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Tried uploading some avatars today with no success, first it said invalid URL then it said unable to write so I am wondering are we only allowed a static image for an avatar or can we have animated avatars cos maybe thats my problem??

brackie
11-02-2007, 03:59 PM
gtigrl.. Sorry but you can't have animated avatars. They use up too much server space and are slow to load for we poor sods with dialup :( .

(Nice to see you again :) )

ScienceVR6
11-02-2007, 09:21 PM
i've also been unable to load an avator, despite all the criterior being fulfiled.

mikinoz
12-02-2007, 07:28 AM
i've also been unable to load an avator, despite all the criterior being fulfiled.

What file format are you using?

Post a link to the image in this thread and I will make sure all is well with it so you can upload it! ;)

gtigrl
12-02-2007, 01:05 PM
:mad: AAaaaahhh its 64x64 and 18kb jpeg but keeps saying invalid URL if I try and upload via my photobucket album and if I try to download from my puter its says failed:mad:
This is what happens when you swap from driving to catching the train there is nothing to take my road rage out on except the puter...