PDA

View Full Version : VCDS label file for GT TDI engine, BMN 125kW/170PS

jazd
30-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Created from German VCDS label file and merged some details/translations from English BKD file.
Some translations are iffy (thanks Google Translator), use at own risk.

Put this file in C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Labels\User (right click, save as)
03G-906-018-BMN.lbl (http://ovh.jazdw.net/03G-906-018-BMN.lbl)

Should also work for:
Audi A3 (8P) / Seat Altea/Toledo (5P) / Seat Leon (1P) / Skoda Octavia II (1Z) / VW Golf V (1K) / VW Passat (3C) / VW Touran (1T)
Component: J623 - Engine (#01) - BMN/BMR/BUY/BUZ 2.0l TDI-PPD 125kW/170PS

Edit 29/03/2012:
The latest version of VCDS now includes a label file for the BMN engine!

Greg Roles
30-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Wow that's awesome.

Now pretend that I have not spent much time getting my head around Vag Com, not much past a few basic logs and removing error codes, and forcing a lot of regens!

What can you do with this mate???

I'm keen to follow your lead and reset my pressure sensor, be nice to have my car back to loading regens rather than the kms it seems to be set on now.....and the regens are odd too.....

Guess I could always actually READ the instructions....

jazd
30-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Wow that's awesome.

Now pretend that I have not spent much time getting my head around Vag Com, not much past a few basic logs and removing error codes, and forcing a lot of regens!

What can you do with this mate???

I'm keen to follow your lead and reset my pressure sensor, be nice to have my car back to loading regens rather than the kms it seems to be set on now.....and the regens are odd too.....

Guess I could always actually READ the instructions....
Label file pretty much describes what this is, it is simply the labels of all the different measuring block values and documents the adaptations and codings.

Now when you go into measuring blocks and advanced measuring blocks you will be able to see a list of (more) meaningful values. Most useful of which are the DPF measuring blocks which are not documented in any of the existing English label files as far as I can see.

Coding (I) is now corrected so it makes sense for our cars, Coding (II) now documents cruise control enable/disable, Forced DPF regen, and exhaust pressure sensor adaptation.

Adaptation now contains:
Starting Torque Compensation
Torque Limit
Generator load balance (guessing the correct translation here should actually be alternator)
Servo pump load balancing
EGR (this may be interesting, we might be able to adjust the EGR so it doesn't come on as much)
Idle Speed
Maximum speed limit
Coolant temperature adjustment
Air compressor torque compensation
Ash mass balance
Injectors 1,2,3,4

Whereas the BKD file only contains adaptations for the imobiliser.

jazd
30-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Oh yeah and to adapt your new sensor this is what you do (look at Coding II section of file)

Go into Coding II
Enter 30605 (top box)
Press "Do it"
Should say accepted code or something like that.

Note: After adjusting the differential pressure sensor or
activate / deactivate the cruise control system
Turn off the ignition for at least 30 seconds OFF!

Greg Roles
31-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Thanks man, that's brilliant, I understand!

Will have a major play, and any way to turn down the EGR is a good thing, doesn't really apply to me anymore though : )

Great thing you have done for the PD170 community mate, well done!!

benough
31-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Epic Win Jarred.

I'm doing this, tonight-ah!

benough
31-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Wow

LOADS of new info.

Under advanced measuring values it said my ash rating was 36.7g out of a maximum of 60.

Does that mean my DPF is only half full? Sweet action if so, especially at 115,000km.

jazd
31-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Wow

LOADS of new info.

Under advanced measuring values it said my ash rating was 36.7g out of a maximum of 60.

Does that mean my DPF is only half full? Sweet action if so, especially at 115,000km.

I guess so, the 60g value comes straight out of the German file. I guess they got it from a technical bulletin or something like that. Mine is at about 17g with 100,000km.

benough
01-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Well maybe it's a value before the regen then. 60mg is a tiny number.

benough
01-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Care to shed any light on the potential EGR adaptation Greg?

The value VCDS gave me last night on the flap seemed to be a maximum of 50% (shut I presume)

jazd
01-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Well maybe it's a value before the regen then. 60mg is a tiny number.
I think there is a difference between soot and ash. The soot comes up as a % load. I think a small amount of ash is left in the DPF after the soot is burnt off. Will need to verify this though, I might just be making it up.

Care to shed any light on the potential EGR adaptation Greg?

The value VCDS gave me last night on the flap seemed to be a maximum of 50% (shut I presume)
0% is no EGR.

Greg Roles
01-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Soot is the % difference between the pressure sensors that is burnt off.

Ash is the amount of extra blockage compared to new, so yes, you want lower ash values.

Haven't had a chance to play with this new Jarred-Tec yet, been slammed at work and busy with Carformance, few new companies coming onboard, and two major diesel ones!

Will have a look at the EGR thing over the next few days, but the less you can have it operating, the better, mine is hanging in the breeze, and the car is running GREAT.....

benough
01-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Well I drive mine "well" and travel on motorways daily.

So what values should I be setting the EGR to? Lower or higher?

jazd
01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Well I drive mine "well" and travel on motorways daily.

So what values should I be setting the EGR to? Lower or higher?
I think higher. I would be reading around a lot before changing it though, it may cause a engine light (found people talking about this on Mk4s).
From what I've seen you may need to enter a login code before you can change it anyway.

Greg Roles
01-09-2011, 04:39 PM
I know with the MK4 on TDI club you enter some number that is an unachievable value for EGR, and it basically never comes on - has been something I've wanted to do to the GT for years now....Ben I reckon you should set it to lower, you want a low % EGR! What I can do is compare my exposed EGR flap to the VCDS readings now - stay tuned!

My Ash is 25g, played with it on the way home. Less than half full, which amazes me actually considering the torture I've put it through!

Just awesome Jarred, owe you one, looking forward to a lot of playing on the weekend!!

h100vw
01-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Greg, Mind if I come over and watch you play at cars??:P It'll be another weekend of nothingness otherwise and Jimmy is going to a wedding.

jazd
01-09-2011, 05:54 PM
I know with the MK4 on TDI club you enter some number that is an unachievable value for EGR, and it basically never comes on - has been something I've wanted to do to the GT for years now....Ben I reckon you should set it to lower, you want a low % EGR! What I can do is compare my exposed EGR flap to the VCDS readings now - stay tuned!

My Ash is 25g, played with it on the way home. Less than half full, which amazes me actually considering the torture I've put it through!

Just awesome Jarred, owe you one, looking forward to a lot of playing on the weekend!!
Yep you want a lower % in the measuring blocks as 0% is EGR totally off. I think the adaptation works around the other way though, higher numbers makes it come on less. I haven't had a look at this on mine though so have a play.

On a side note I can't believe Ross-Tech had a BMN file sitting around in their German package and never bothered translating it into English!

edit. Also if you cant get it to do the EGR adaptation try the login code 12233, this is the code for older cars but might work.

benough
01-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Cool, will have a crack tonight.

If it fails I'll just set it back.

They wouldn't have bothered b/c the US has never ever seen this motor, nor will they.

benough
01-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Yep you want a lower % in the measuring blocks as 0% is EGR totally off. I think the adaptation works around the other way though, higher numbers makes it come on less. I haven't had a look at this on mine though so have a play.

On a side note I can't believe Ross-Tech had a BMN file sitting around in their German package and never bothered translating it into English!

edit. Also if you cant get it to do the EGR adaptation try the login code 12233, this is the code for older cars but might work.

As soon as you change the value for the EGR in the adaptation it says "ERROR" and that security code didn't work.

I knew it wouldn't be that easy but the values I was getting is %60 EGR at idle.

Greg Roles
02-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Greg, Mind if I come over and watch you play at cars??:P It'll be another weekend of nothingness otherwise and Jimmy is going to a wedding.

Mate welcome anytime, we do indeed need to catch up!!

Greg Roles
02-09-2011, 04:22 PM
As soon as you change the value for the EGR in the adaptation it says "ERROR" and that security code didn't work.

I knew it wouldn't be that easy but the values I was getting is %60 EGR at idle.

Idle EGR sounds right, it decreases as the demand for O2 increases, but I can vouch for the fact the car runs way smoother and just fine without it!

DkN
03-09-2011, 05:30 PM
That's some very interesting information there, I've already put it to good use with the help of Gavin.

On the EGR adaptation though, this thread (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=207099) would suggest that there is no way to do this through VCDS on a mk5.

Just curious with that DPF sensor adaptation, after the 30605 login code is accepted, is that the end of the procedure? Does it just adapt while the car is driven around? I was a little confused as I thought acceptance of login code just meant I've logged in, it doesn't say anything about adaptation.

jazd
04-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Just curious with that DPF sensor adaptation, after the 30605 login code is accepted, is that the end of the procedure? Does it just adapt while the car is driven around? I was a little confused as I thought acceptance of login code just meant I've logged in, it doesn't say anything about adaptation.
Its not a login code its a Coding II code. You just need to enter it then turn the ignition off for 30 seconds.

DkN
04-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Righto mate I just got confused because it said something about "login accepted" after the code is entered. Cheers

jazd
15-09-2011, 12:23 PM
If anyone tried to access the file in the last week sorry, the server was down.