PDA

View Full Version : Price rise on MY12 Superb Elegance?

VAG newbie
27-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Just happened to browse through New Cars (http://www.discountnewcars.com.au), I've noticed price rise by $500 for all elegance spec Superbs. So the new prices now are:

118TSI Sedan - $45490
125TDI Sedan - $48490
103TDI Sedan 4x4 - $48490
191FSI Sedan 4x4 - $56490

Wagon still adds $2000. These are RRP excluding ORC. I realize on Skoda website the pricing still remains the old one, but I suspect it applies to MY11 only. When you go and order a MY12, you'll be charged $500 extra. However, Can anyone confirm?

This is in accordance with the price rise with the MY12 Octavia though, which some people thought it was due to forced bluetooth option. Well, in Superb's case, this is forced Bluetooth and front parking sensor. Luckily for me, I needed both option, and luckily for me, my dealer gave me MY11 pricing for MY12.

Also, this makes 125TDI same price as 103TDI 4x4, Which makes the latter one a more attractive choice!

Jake02
27-08-2011, 11:34 PM
All Aus-spec Skodas have gone up by $500 because Bluetooth is standard across the range. Nice work douches (Skoda Aus)...

VAG newbie
28-08-2011, 09:07 AM
All Aus-spec Skodas have gone up by $500 because Bluetooth is standard across the range. Nice work douches (Skoda Aus)...

I don't know about Octavia, but for Superb, the Ambition grade remains the same price. So it's not Bluetooth, but rather the demand has increased (my understanding is 70% of Superb sold are the Elegance grade)

theduckster
28-08-2011, 11:59 AM
The pricing of the MY12 Superb Elegance has gone up $500. The factory Bluetooth option (PT3) appears to have come on a majority of the MY11 Superb's and Octavia's that have come to Australia so I suppose it was a natural progression to add the option to the standard vehicles that we get out here.

I have noticed that Landrover has increased the MY12 Discovery models price by $500 but you don't get anything extra thrown in. So at least you get Bluetooth and in the case of the Superb Elegance sedan models front parking sensors as well for the extra $500. I do wonder if getting front parking sensors is just a ploy to get sedan buyers to purchase the Park Assist option.

Any updates on your Superb, VAG newbie?

woofy
28-08-2011, 03:12 PM
The dealers all seem cynical of the price rise, probably cause they now have to justify it. The car industry is on a bit of a downward slide now, so it will be an interesting next few years now.

VAG newbie
28-08-2011, 03:27 PM
I haven't heard anything from the dealer. I haven't even got a VIN yet! However, on my contract it specifically states MY12 car. The dealer took about a week to get back to me with the quote as he "needed to confirm with MY12 pricing." So he can't ask me to pay extra $500 now.
The other interesting thing is, Rosso Brunello is back on the online brochure. I'll ask him if I can still get that color.

K1W1
28-08-2011, 03:51 PM
I don't think MY12 cars get built until after the start of September so until the production process starts you can't expect a VIN.

woofy
28-08-2011, 10:45 PM
The 103 TDi Superbs are due next month so I think the MY2012 cars must be getting built. Not sure how long the summer break is, but you would think by Aug they would be back into it.

You know I wouldn't mind hearing the Skoda factories are being extended, or new ones in Cz, they can only make so many cars and it seems crazy to not have caught up with production yet.

woofy
28-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Well there you go, it's only 2 weeks and ends early Aug so there must be some on a ship this way already as the Yetis are coming Sept too.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-25/skoda-auto-starts-planned-summer-production-break-ctk-reports.html

sstorra
29-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Well, we picked up our MY12 118TSI Elegance Wagon on Saturday, we ordered it in mid-April (as an MY11) and it was built on 16th June...

So free bluetooth for us...

VAG newbie
29-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Good on you! You weren't asked to pay extra $500, were you? I think the extra $500 would only apply to any new orders now. Lucky I put mine in on time.

On a side note, I decided not to ask the dealer about Rosso Brunello. It seems that RB has a lower resale than black. I just checked Discount Used Cars - search used cars for sale, values and car prices. Car guide for buyers to save on vehicles in Australia. - Discount Used Cars (http://www.discountusedcars.com.au), there is a dealer clearing 2010 MY09 Superbs. One in RB, the other in black, both are V6 4x4 Elegance sedan. Both same spec but RB has slightly lower mileage, yet it sells $3000 cheaper than the black!

Looks like I'll stick with black then.

K1W1
29-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Well, we picked up our MY12 118TSI Elegance Wagon on Saturday, we ordered it in mid-April (as an MY11) and it was built on 16th June...

So free bluetooth for us...

Sorry to put a downer on things but if it was built in June it's highly unlikely to be MY12. The new model year production does not start until after the summer holidays which finish about now. If you believe that you have a MY12 vehicle and that is important to you I would be checking all the documentation and numbers on your car very, very carefully.

K1W1
29-08-2011, 04:17 PM
On a side note, I decided not to ask the dealer about Rosso Brunello. It seems that RB has a lower resale than black. I just checked Discount Used Cars - search used cars for sale, values and car prices. Car guide for buyers to save on vehicles in Australia. - Discount Used Cars (http://www.discountusedcars.com.au), there is a dealer clearing 2010 MY09 Superbs. One in RB, the other in black, both are V6 4x4 Elegance sedan. Both same spec but RB has slightly lower mileage, yet it sells $3000 cheaper.

You can't vase a purchase decision on what a dealer is ASKING for a vehicle especially when you haven't seen the vehicle concerned. What you have written makes no logical sense what so ever and a truly hope that you have written in jest.

sstorra
29-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Sorry to put a downer on things but if it was built in June it's highly unlikely to be MY12. The new model year production does not start until after the summer holidays which finish about now. If you believe that you have a MY12 vehicle and that is important to you I would be checking all the documentation and numbers on your car very, very carefully.

Don't know where you get your info K1w1, but I can assure you it's a MY12, based on the VIN number and the fact we didn't order or pay for bluetooth and it's definitely fitted with bluetooth....

theduckster
29-08-2011, 08:28 PM
According to Skoda Australia, MY12 spec Superb's went into production from July 1st. There were some colours that weren't in the Production Run for July but were in the Production Run after mid June and these vehicles are MY12 vehicles. The dealership I work at took delivery of a Ambition 103TDI in Brilliant Silver and it's build plate is marked as 06/11 but it is a MY12 vehicle. More than likely sstorra's Superb is a MY12 model and they didn't have to pay the extra $500 as Skoda Australia are covering the difference on MY12 vehicles delivered for what dealers thought would be MY11 vehicles.

MY12 Octavia's went into production in mid May and all the Octavia's that I have seen come into Australia in August are MY12 models. Rumor has it that the new model Superb and Octavia will go into production after the summer break in 2012 for a 4th quarter release in 2012. Whether this true or not is anybody's guess.

Congrats on your purchase sstorra and I hope your 118TSI Elegance is everything that you wanted!!!!! :banana:

VAG newbie
29-08-2011, 08:30 PM
You can't vase a purchase decision on what a dealer is ASKING for a vehicle especially when you haven't seen te vehicle concerned. What you have written makes no logical sense what so ever and a truly hope that you have written in jest.

How do you know I haven't seen the vehicles concerned? I have seen both in real life! Both looks good but I liked RB slightly better than black, but I like black too! I agree with you, I don't make my purhase decision based on just potential resale. We all know silver is a safe color, but I'll never buy silver cars. We all know beige interior is hard to keep clean (and hence lower resale), for me beige interior is a must. But when all else being equal, and you are just choosing between two colors, wouldn't you pick the one with potential higher resale? It is perfectly logical!

The resale for Superbs is a mystery. It hasn't been in the market long enough for anyone to make a scientifically evidence based prediction of how it will be. But dealers advertised price is a guide. Obviously they know which one sells easily and which one doesn't. With this particular dealer I'm referring to, the prices have been "massively reduced for quick sale" (as per ad wording), which I think it's true. For a 2010 (albeit MY09) 191FSI 4x4 in RB, that has travelled less than 10,000km, to sell for only $36888 drive away, the dealer is desperate to get rid of the car! For the same car in black, it is advertised for $39888, even though the odometer is > 11000km. This shows the dealer must have hard time getting rid of RB and has to discount it more heavily compared to black. Otherwise what can explain for this $3000 difference? (Yeah, yeah, I know one car could be involved in an accident before, or has visible damage...etc, but usually dealer won't say that, definitely they won't reduce the price because of that, unless the damage is so obvious)

Here is the link to the ad:
$36888 drive away for RB
http://www.discountusedcars.com.au/used-cars/skoda/superb/10701482.aspx
$39888 drive away for black
http://www.discountusedcars.com.au/used-cars/skoda/superb/10651304.aspx

I think they are from the same dealer based on the similar wording and the background of the photos. I say they are MY09s because they have a long antenna at the back, and both have Bolero rather than Columbus.

I know this is hardly scientific evidence. I wish I am wrong too. But if you can give me better evidence or guide that RB holds value as well as black, I would really appreciate it, so I can go and ask the dealer to change the color in peace.

theduckster
29-08-2011, 09:55 PM
The black one has set of Luxon rims on it. I know my set cost me $1,700 so I wouldn't put it the past the dealer to at least wanting $1,500 for the rims on the Black one where it's just a standard set of Themisto's on the Russo Brunello one. The dealer may have more assistance from Skoda Australia in order to help sell the Rosso Brunello one as well which would enable them to drop the price more. I think there would be more factors at play here as well that sees both vehicles at being the prices they are currently selling at, then to say that the vehicles are at their respective prices just because of their colour.

There is no doubt that Black, White and Silver are the colours that sell the most and somewhere that must factor into resale value but I would be surprised to see if the gap was as big as it was with the given example above.

woofy
29-08-2011, 11:00 PM
How do you tell MY by the way. I bought my Skoda late 08 and have always figured it's a MY08.

whitelion
30-08-2011, 05:50 AM
"How do you know I haven't seen the vehicles concerned? I have seen both in real life! "
"I think they are from the same dealer based on the similar wording and the background of the photos."

Doesn't quite add up! Have you seen the cars or not??

sstorra
30-08-2011, 07:05 AM
How do you tell MY by the way. I bought my Skoda late 08 and have always figured it's a MY08.

Woofy,

It's the 10th character in the VIN, in our case, our VIN is : TMBKB93T7Cxxxxxxx.

The C indicates a MY12, B = 11, A = 10, 9 = 09, 8 = 08.

Duckster,

Thanks, it's brilliant we are totally thrilled with it !! Our car is Platin Grey, so that could explain the June build date based on what you've said...

woofy
30-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Ah ok, MY2008 mine is then, there must have been MY09s around by the time I bought it, I remember asking them if there were any, but I think the only difference then was the newly released TDi and DSG, the rest was the same until mid 09.

I think there really needs to be a standardised system globally for MY, in Aus in particular people seeing MY are thinking the way Ford, Holden and even a lot of Japanese cars are, which is its pretty much made in its model year. When I bought mine, there were two changes in about 6 mths (TDi and DSG available, and then interior change), and then a major change that came through late 09 (exterior change/TSI in RS in line with the rest of the Octavia range). I guess the issue comes from North vs South and when summer lands, but its almost irrelevant now when MYs for Skoda effectively end mid year. Maybe they should use MY11/12 which would more accurately reflect whats happening.

VAG newbie
30-08-2011, 05:27 PM
"How do you know I haven't seen the vehicles concerned? I have seen both in real life! "
"I think they are from the same dealer based on the similar wording and the background of the photos."

Doesn't quite add up! Have you seen the cars or not??

I must have misunderstood you. I meant I've seen both Superbs in RB and black, not referring to those 2 cars advertised. I'm not buying a second hand car and I don't live in VIC, so I won't see those cars.

Yes, maybe there is a big scratch on the RB one, or hail damage, who knows? But for a dealer listed used car (especially with that low km) dealers usually will patch up any minor scratches so well that it looks brand new. I seriously doubt the dealer would leave a scratch untouched (which can be repaired for a couple of hundred trade price) and sell the car cheap because of the scratch. Duckster noticed the different alloy wheel which I didn't. But still can't explain the $3000 difference. If Skoda Aus is giving the dealer more compensation for the RB so they can sell it cheaper, it still imply that RB is harder to sell and it require Skoda Aus to compensate. Not that I'm saying RB is bad. I really like RB! But looks like the market doesn't agree with my taste.

But my point is, I'm afraid that RB has lower resale than black, and that is affecting my purchase decision to go with black, which I still like! I don't see anything illogical about it.

aware
30-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I could understand your concern about resale vs colour if you were buying a Falcadore in Purple, bright green etc, but I don't think it's as much of a concern when you are discussing more mainstream colours (Red is still red - rosso brunello is a burgundy-ish colour, which isn't exactly out of the ordinary). I can't give an answer, because I don't know the answer. But surely there are other factors involved with pricing that the dealer wouldn't publish. Is it possible that the RB is 2009 built 2010 and the other is a 2010 built 2010 model? I don't know how much that affects pricing, but from my limited experience (mainly with Subaru) the dealer will normally sell the 2009 built 2010 model at a lower price.

That being said, we put Pacific Blue as preferred colour after test driving the Superb, but seeing that RB is back on the list, that could be the number 1 preference (we send a list incorporating make, model, colur, options etc to dad's lease company - then wait for pricing to come back to us and go from there) Probably going to have to change the email as I added in front parking sensors, not realising that they were standard on the MY12.

VAG newbie
31-08-2011, 12:29 AM
I could understand your concern about resale vs colour if you were buying a Falcadore in Purple, bright green etc, but I don't think it's as much of a concern when you are discussing more mainstream colours (Red is still red - rosso brunello is a burgundy-ish colour, which isn't exactly out of the ordinary). I can't give an answer, because I don't know the answer. But surely there are other factors involved with pricing that the dealer wouldn't publish. Is it possible that the RB is 2009 built 2010 and the other is a 2010 built 2010 model? I don't know how much that affects pricing, but from my limited experience (mainly with Subaru) the dealer will normally sell the 2009 built 2010 model at a lower price.

That being aid, we put Pacific Blue as preferred colour after test driving the Superb, but seeing that RB is back on the list, that could be the number 1 preference (we send a list incorporating make, model, colur, options etc to dad's lease company - then wait for pricing to come back to us and go from there) Probably going to have to change the email as I added in front parking sensors, not realising that they were standard on the MY12.

You've got a point. Why didn't I think of that? That would add up! Yeah, generally for the same model year, but one being built the previous year would lose about $1000-$1500. This together with the different alloy wheel will account for the $3000 difference.

I personally considered Pacific Blue once, as it is $1000 cheaper being uni color. Have you actually seen one in PB? I saw one in Octavia but not in Superb. It's not bad, very similar to Storm Blue, but being flat color it just doesn't shine that much under the sun.

Hmm....maybe I'll still call my dealer. Ah~decisions decisions decisions.....

aware
31-08-2011, 10:06 AM
You've got a point. Why didn't I think of that? That would add up! Yeah, generally for the same model year, but one being built the previous year would lose about $1000-$1500. This together with the different alloy wheel will account for the $3000 difference.

I personally considered Pacific Blue once, as it is $1000 cheaper being uni color. Have you actually seen one in PB? I saw one in Octavia but not in Superb. It's not bad, very similar to Storm Blue, but being flat color it just doesn't shine that much under the sun.

Hmm....maybe I'll still call my dealer. Ah~decisions decisions decisions.....

There was an Octavia Scout at Pennant Hills when we test drove the Superb, and I think it may have actually been Storm Blue, but I've seen a few photos of PB Superbs online - agreed with it not shining under the sun, but sadly there weren't really any other colours that we liked. Dad didn't want white, silver or grey (current Accord is grey-ish) and I stipulated no black. Which pretty much left pacific blue and things like Amethyst. (no offence to anyone with the colours here I've discussed - it is a personal choice). Pity that Storm Blue doesn't exist now though.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/08/27455attach-1.jpg
I found this one on briskoda - I think it looks pretty good - reminds me of the Deep Sea Blue on BMW's.

VAG newbie
31-08-2011, 03:18 PM
There was an Octavia Scout at Pennant Hills when we test drove the Superb, and I think it may have actually been Storm Blue, but I've seen a few photos of PB Superbs online - agreed with it not shining under the sun, but sadly there weren't really any other colours that we liked. Dad didn't want white, silver or grey (current Accord is grey-ish) and I stipulated no black. Which pretty much left pacific blue and things like Amethyst. (no offence to anyone with the colours here I've discussed - it is a personal choice). Pity that Storm Blue doesn't exist now though.

Although I would normally say that photos can be deceiving, but that was pretty close to the pacific blue I saw. That same dealer had a Superb in storm blue as well, when I compare them side to side, I'd say they are very similar. I was considering it very seriously, but because I choose beige interior, it doesn't go that well with PB.

Some updates on RB, I spoke with my dealer today, RB is definitely back, they all got a memo on it. But it won't be in time for delivery in January when I need the car. So either I wait, or I stick with black. Well, like I said, I still like black (it has the limousine look. and if you squint your eye, the Superb in black does look like Mayback:banana:), so I'll go with black.

So if you need your car pretty soon, then RB is no good for you. I agree with you, there aren't that much color left. Why lava blue and MalachBut platin grey is not as bad as you think. That dealer has one in stock, and it looks very formal and elegant. It goes really well with black leather and wood deco. I personally won't buy anything in silver or grey, but after seeing the car in metal, I almost change my mind:P. It also looks BMWish!

aware
31-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Although I would normally say that photos can be deceiving, but that was pretty close to the pacific blue I saw. That same dealer had a Superb in storm blue as well, when I compare them side to side, I'd say they are very similar. I was considering it very seriously, but because I choose beige interior, it doesn't go that well with PB.

Some updates on RB, I spoke with my dealer today, RB is definitely back, they all got a memo on it. But it won't be in time for delivery in January when I need the car. So either I wait, or I stick with black. Well, like I said, I still like black (it has the limousine look. and if you squint your eye, the Superb in black does look like Mayback:banana:), so I'll go with black.

So if you need your car pretty soon, then RB is no good for you. I agree with you, there aren't that much color left. Why lava blue and MalachBut platin grey is not as bad as you think. That dealer has one in stock, and it looks very formal and elegant. It goes really well with black leather and wood deco. I personally won't buy anything in silver or grey, but after seeing the car in metal, I almost change my mind:P. It also looks BMWish!

Ah good, I'm glad that photo is fairly close. Timing isn't an issue for us- The current car is 3 years old on the 18th of September, and changeover should be then - but because Dad is currently living in Paris until early next year, the lease has been extended (got the rego sticker last week - 18th March next year) so that should at least give us time to get RB (if the pricing on the Superb works out).

aware
14-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I saw a PB Superb on the road today. Didn't look too bad, but a bit dull compared to what I'd like out of a blue. My car is dark metallic blue (Regal Blue Forester) - It's a pain to keep clean, but nothing beats it after a wash and polish. Still waiting to hear back from the lease company on pricing of the cars we looked at. If we do take the Superb, I think colour may be changed. I'll hopefully be able to see another one when dad is back to see whether he likes it or not. Pity Storm Blue has been removed :(

VAG newbie
14-09-2011, 09:40 PM
I saw a PB Superb on the road today. Didn't look too bad, but a bit dull compared to what I'd like out of a blue. My car is dark metallic blue (Regal Blue Forester) - It's a pain to keep clean, but nothing beats it after a wash and polish. Still waiting to hear back from the lease company on pricing of the cars we looked at. If we do take the Superb, I think colour may be changed. I'll hopefully be able to see another one when dad is back to see whether he likes it or not. Pity Storm Blue has been removed :(

Yeah, very unfortunate. I had the same feeling with PB as well, it doesn't look that much different from SB when you compare side by side, but from a distance, metallic paint really stands out. That's why I decided to fork out extra $1000 for it.

Well, looks like RB is gonna be your pick! I would've picked it if it can come in time for my lease, but unfortunately no....

pologti18t
20-09-2011, 02:08 PM
6% Finance on Superbs at the moment

woofy
20-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Wonder why its double the Octy 2.8%, its only for business use loans though eg Hire purchase which is what I do. Normally the HP rate goes down the more expensive the car is.....

VAG newbie
20-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Because they need to get rid off Octavias! Now you can get a MY12 Octavia 90TSI with DSG at $26985 driveaway, but I don't see much sweet deal going on with the Superb.

But even that price for the Octy is not that sweet, consider you can get a Golf 90TSI trendline with similar equipment for only $500 more.

pologti18t
21-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Because they need to get rid off Octavias! Now you can get a MY12 Octavia 90TSI with DSG at $26985 driveaway, but I don't see much sweet deal going on with the Superb.

But even that price for the Octy is not that sweet, consider you can get a Golf 90TSI trendline with similar equipment for only $500 more.

Except the "Octy" is a bigger car.

woofy
21-09-2011, 11:03 AM
I was about to say that, you get a lot more car than a Golf with the Octavia, to compare apples with Apples, its the Jetta you should be using, and even then it doesn't have a hatch in sedan form.

The Golf wagon isn't really the same either, I dunno what happened with them during design, but the back looks like an afterthought...