PDA

View Full Version : FOB Key Programming

rogerb
27-08-2011, 12:44 AM
FOB Key Programming

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After my FOB Key 'De-Programmed' itself I couldn't open my TREG (with one key) :mad:

The dealer told me it would cost $50-60.00 to reprogram OR if that didn't work a new key would be $469.00 + the reprogramming cost!

I found the DIY reprogramming information on the following website;

http://autokeysquad.co.uk/free-remote-car-key-fob-programming-instruction-guides/volkswagen-car-key-fob-programming-guide/vw-remote-fob-programming-guide

VW:
VW Volkswagen Step-by-Step FREE Fob programming guide:

Remote Control Programming (1997 ON)

Procedure:

1. Switch Ignition ON and leave the key in the ignition.
2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second key.
3. Using the remote control press the Unlock button once, and the horn will sound once.
4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate the coding procedure. The remote control will now be programmed.

NOTE : When performing programming on additional remotes the procedure is the same, except you press the unlock button 2, 3 or 4 times for the different remote.

For example : If programming 2 remotes press the unlock button twice with a 1 second interval between each press, repeat for 3 and 4 remotes.

5. Switch Ignition OFF.
6. Remove key from ignition and check for operation.
7. The coding procedure can be repeated up to 4 times for additional remotes.
8. The ignition must be switched OFF between programming each remote control.

It took all of forty (40) seconds to program the faulty FOB Key and saved me $$$$$$$ :cool46:

Transporter
07-09-2011, 08:34 AM
That's excellent! Will it work with a brand new key, though? Regardless, I will put your instructions in the stickie thread, if it's OK with you.

Also, welcome to the forum! It's good to have another south aussie between us.

What model is your Touareg?

rogerb
25-01-2012, 09:40 PM
G'day mate,

My TREG is a Dec 2006 R5 2.5 TDI with sunroof, rear tyre carrier - 117k on the clock.

Really pleased with the whole package, but wont ever go back to Solitaire Motors for a service (I go to German Auto at Melrose Park)

Cheers

Roger