PDA

View Full Version : Heated fabric seats?

Alok
18-08-2011, 07:22 PM
I recently purchased a Golf 90TSI DSG, before buying this I was driving an 04 Astra with leather and heated seats. The one thing that I miss the most about my old car, actually the only thing, is the heated seats.

Recently I was looking at purchasing electric blankets for my partner, and it occurred to me, why should only people with leather seats get the luxury of heated seats. Why not retro-fit an electric blanket on to fabric seats! After further research I found that 12V travel electric blankets are widely available to plug in to any car's 12V socket. I'm thinking all I would have to do is find a way to fix the blanket on to the seat, and find an auto-electrician to somehow wire it in to the cars battery.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Or could someone recommend a good auto-electrician in the Sydney area?

Alok

Transporter
18-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Just sew it into the car seat covers and put it on only in winter times. As per connection to the battery you could use the 12V to 240V inverter.

Alok
18-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah the attaching on to the seat is something I can handle myself. It's the electrical stuff that I'm not too confident with. I would probably need to have it wired in to the battery, and also have some sort of basic a switch in order to turn it on and off.

Transporter
18-08-2011, 07:58 PM
With the right inverter it should be plug and play. :)