PDA

View Full Version : 2010 VW DSG TDI Caddy 34,000km DSG replaced

Dynamic Locks
09-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Hey Guys

I have a Caddy that I bought from a Dealer in Epping and from day one I complained that there was a problem with the DSG shuddered..It went in a few times including one time they had it for a week....
Everytime they said nothing was wrong with it..:mad:

Now last week it finally crapped itself so it went to BERWICK VW and it was found that coolant was gett:(ing in to the DSG and at around 34,000 it was pretty much destroyed..

It now has a complete new DSG and is smoother than the day I drove it out of the showroom and a big thanks to Danielle in Service........Other service departments could learn a lot off her about customer service...:)

Anyone else heard of this problem or is it a one off, I really like the Caddy but this has put a sour taste in my mouth ..and not sure if I would want to risk it by buying another Caddy when it is time to upgrade

Dazz

caddyshack
10-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Hi Dazz,

I hope you don't get put off the Caddy by the DSG problem, because they are a great vehicle. I bought mine in 2010 from the same dealer, who has moved to Epping. The purchase experience was good, but I wasn't completely satisfied when I took it in for the first service at Epping, so now I get it serviced in Geelong, all good so far.

cheers,
Craig

Lams
10-08-2011, 02:54 PM
do you mind me asking - is your DSG the 7spd or the 6spd?

buzuki
10-08-2011, 03:23 PM
i have seen a few, the coolers on top let go. Requires new gearbox everytime

Dynamic Locks
10-08-2011, 05:26 PM
do you mind me asking - is your DSG the 7spd or the 6spd?

Don't mind at all Lams, it was the 6 speed

Dazz

Dynamic Locks
10-08-2011, 05:27 PM
i have seen a few, the coolers on top let go. Requires new gearbox everytime

oh really....interesting

Dazz

Dynamic Locks
10-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Hi Dazz,

I hope you don't get put off the Caddy by the DSG problem, because they are a great vehicle. I bought mine in 2010 from the same dealer, who has moved to Epping. The purchase experience was good, but I wasn't completely satisfied when I took it in for the first service at Epping, so now I get it serviced in Geelong, all good so far.

cheers,
Craig

Yeah I was in the same situation, the purchase was awesome...but after sales service left a lot to be desired...
Its like you hear people say, once they have your money they don't give a crap, at least thats the way I felt...
I KNEW there was a problem from day with the DSG but everytime It went into to them they treated me like an idiot..

That aside, the treatment from Berwick VW service Dept which happens to be a lot closer to me anyways was outstanding..

Dazz

IN2VWS
21-08-2011, 08:27 PM
It is not good when you get crap after sales service.
I must say that the after sales service I get at my local dealer so far, has been second to none.