PDA

View Full Version : New Member!

shami
17-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi Guys,

I swear i was reading up on VW modding and i just happened to find this forum and thought there is a god!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking for something like this since i bought my 03 silver golf gti! Just reading on some of the things especially the thread on simple mods is fanstatic!!!

Anyways i've had my car for almost a year and its currently got an oettinger chip thanks for the guys at Muller and Muller, GFB BOV, boost gauge and a full alpine sound system.

All well and good and not to mention how i nearly sh#$ myself after i got it chipped, but i want more. The question that i have is that is there any particular order i should go in when i put in the next mod? I dont want to put big money hits at once and looking for little things i can do. Also im a bt confused, is there any point putting a N75J when i already have a BOV? It'd be awesome if you guys can point me to places where i can buys a short shifter and a front strut brace, and they actually open on the weekends!

It'd be good if i could meet up with the guys that are in sydney to check out your rides and hopefully inspire me to throw more dough into my baby..again i cant say how relieved i am to finally find a V Dub forum.

Thanks again, i know im askin a very open question, but let me know coz its inspired me to start modding again!

Shami

shaneth
17-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Welcome shami, Hope you enjoy your stay. Its a great forum with plenty of friendly people willing to give help. As for your questions i am also learning these things for the MK4 so i will wait for one of the more experinced MK4 owners to jump on and answer them for you just incase they are different from my polo. Look forward to reading many posts.

fuzion
17-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Hi Guys,

I swear i was reading up on VW modding and i just happened to find this forum and thought there is a god!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking for something like this since i bought my 03 silver golf gti! Just reading on some of the things especially the thread on simple mods is fanstatic!!!

Anyways i've had my car for almost a year and its currently got an oettinger chip thanks for the guys at Muller and Muller, GFB BOV, boost gauge and a full alpine sound system.

All well and good and not to mention how i nearly sh#$ myself after i got it chipped, but i want more. The question that i have is that is there any particular order i should go in when i put in the next mod? I dont want to put big money hits at once and looking for little things i can do. Also im a bt confused, is there any point putting a N75J when i already have a BOV? It'd be awesome if you guys can point me to places where i can buys a short shifter and a front strut brace, and they actually open on the weekends!

It'd be good if i could meet up with the guys that are in sydney to check out your rides and hopefully inspire me to throw more dough into my baby..again i cant say how relieved i am to finally find a V Dub forum.

Thanks again, i know im askin a very open question, but let me know coz its inspired me to start modding again!

Shami

Hey Sham, congrats on the buy and also upgrades as well..

N75J Controls the Wastegate itself, the BOV(DV) is just for sound/as well as stock oem diverters giving in time to time as well.

Turbo Inlet Pipe (pipe from airbox to turbo which increases flow etc, check forge motorsports site for more info/videos or other threads on here ull find more info on it too)

3" Downpipe, Exhaust. Dual SMIC, or FMIC or Forge/Tyrol Upsized SMIC, otherwise theres not too much a whole lot left for the lil k03 that you could possibly do once you have done all that!

Suspension would be the next maybe? KW Coilovers, H&R Coilovers, Koni Coilovers theres a fair few options available depending on your funding as well as what you'd like from the car itself. Coilovers of course the better option as anyone could agree but they are $$!

Short Shifter wise i have a HPA Shortshifter avail if urinterested drop me a pm on that.

Theres a few cruises coming up now, 24th i think theres an observation run. As well as 30th theres a canberra dyno day too. check the events thread for more info and welcome onboard!

phaeton
18-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Welcome to VWwA Shami j:

dancet
18-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey mate, welcome. Put some piccies of the GTi up!

99gti
18-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Welcom aboard! Looking forward to seeing some pics....