PDA

View Full Version : Fitting central locking?

pontiff
09-08-2011, 09:55 AM
I just bought a polo for $250 that has a blown gearbox (i have a spare) and no central locking (many problems there but thats for another day.

One thing it did come with while i was looking at the central locking issue was it looks like it has remote central locking. there is a box in line of the central locking pump called

"HPS 583
CENTRALINA
BLOCCAPORTE
RADIOCOMANDATA
VW. POLO"

Now im guessing that means its a remote module as it has an antenna coming out of it. Water damage killed it but i cannot find a reference to it anywhere... as it would be a good thing to add to my other polo.

does anyone know anything about this unit?

On a related note, can anyone suggest a good central locking kit? since we already have vacuum driving central locking, i dont really know if the solenoid ones you see in the shops would be appropriate?

cheers...

sports racer
20-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Why would you want to fit a kit when you've already got (non working) central locking. Find out what's wrong and fix it.

pontiff
21-08-2011, 08:10 AM
i would like to fix it, but i dont know whats actually wrong with it which does help and unfortunatly it did not come with any remotes so im not sure what they would be to match them. I imagine by the time i had paid to have it fixed and for some key fobs the cost could possibly be up around the cost of something else :)

sports racer
22-08-2011, 08:08 PM
Key fob should be the same as the ignition key so why do you need new key fobs?