PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Trouble

sjhuybens
08-08-2011, 08:28 AM
I have a 2009 Touareg, for no apparent reason, the alarm goes off without fail at 12am (midnight) nearly every night, and intermitently goes off within 3-4 mins of locking the car. This started about 6weeks ago, the dealer first of all couldnt find the problem, then on a second attempt, identified and replaced the internal motion sensor, but nothing has changed. Has anyone come across this problem?

wai
08-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Well, this sounds like my old Hiace 12 years ago. There, as the temperature dropped, one of the switch pegs shrunk and this allowed it to slip and trigger the alarm. The solution there was to re-position the switch and adjust the peg length.

Here, with all the new systems you have to see what the alarm tells you has triggered it. Sometimes the doors and boot are not properly closed. They may look closed, but are not. It may also be one of the sensors that is failing when the temperature drops.

h100vw
08-08-2011, 11:10 AM
VCDS should say what the trigger was and from there you can fix it.

Gavin

sjhuybens
10-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks. Temperature is not a trigger, hot or cold..... There are no user interface signals (door alarms etc). VW dealer cant find the problem, and have now raised a trouble ticket back with the factory. I now have an alarm that goes off for no real reason, and 1159pm is the most regular time, and then when it feels like when you lock the car (2-5mins later). I have back tracked what works done, and have locatd two, a rear door lock replaced due to a fault (no issue at this stage), then a software update, issue then showed itself.

Starting to annoy me and the neibourhood, its been 3months.............

Umai Naa!!
10-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Have seen these problems caused by water ingress into the convenience module in the RHR quater panel, and water ingress into the tailgate latch.

These are usually caused by window tinters, and delinquent children.

pficken
16-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi, I have a 2009 V6 TDI Touareg that had the same problem but my alarm was going of at about 1am. Took it back to the dealer who had seen the problem before. They made some adjustments and solved the problem. I am not sure what adjustments that made though... Good luck, now the neighbours do not complain.