PDA

View Full Version : Off to Germany, who wants a chip?

AGO41T
17-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Guys and Girls,

I am off to Germany and whilst I am over there I am going to get a chip for da Passat.

If anyone is looking to get a chip in the near future and might want to save on postage/shipping let me know. It would be good if there are a few people that want chips so I can maybe get a bulk buy saving too.

I have booked and will be leaving mid to late August so if anyone is interested let me know. If anyone has any other ideas of things for me to get while i'm over there just let me know. I will be back November so good to give your car an early xmas pressie.

BL33SU
17-06-2007, 01:17 PM
i'v been told you cannot use the chips overseas, different maps for fuels n stuff and by the time you convert them and get it put in, you could have bought one here... otherwise i would of bought 1 off passatworld, heaps for sale used.

and have a great holiday over there :cool:

syncro
17-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I have a friend that had a Passat and bought a chip overseas. The first one wouldn't even start the car. Luckily they exchanged it for another but it was really never any good. You will need to know the exact computer part number, not just the engine number.

DaveMack
17-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Can you bring a container back? :D I've got quite a shopping list ... but sadly, no cash. :( So I guess that's an end to that idea.

Dave

MK2 GTI
20-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Guys and Girls,

I am off to Germany and whilst I am over there I am going to get a chip for da Passat.

I am going over there in september too!

pommy_golfer
21-06-2007, 10:51 AM
when in germany, where do you go to get all this stuff? i wouldnt have a clue? and how do you communicate?

phaeton
21-06-2007, 04:40 PM
What about VW Brochures :o ::drools:: ?

h100vw
21-06-2007, 07:15 PM
when in germany, where do you go to get all this stuff? i wouldnt have a clue? and how do you communicate?

Dude, Most Germans speak better English than the majority of Aussies. Communication won't be a problem/

Gavin

syncro
21-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Communication won't be a problem/

Gavin

It is a problem with car people.

h100vw
21-06-2007, 08:54 PM
It is a problem with car people.

I worked in Frankfurt for 9 months and never had a problem getting car stuff sorted.

Quick lesson, edelstahlauspuffanlage is stainless steel exhaust system.

sportlenkrad is a sport steering wheel

4 loch alurader is a 4 stud wheel

3 oder 5 turig is 3 or 5 door

5 gang getriebe is a 5 speed box

Nockenwelle is a camshaft

See dead easy. Any biggish tuning place in Germany would have someone who speaks English on the staff for sure.

Gavin

syncro
21-06-2007, 09:17 PM
In the car places I usually went straight to the secretary or girl at the cash register. The parts people that I came across could not speak English at all. I still was able to get everything that i wanted though.

pinzvidz
22-06-2007, 10:49 PM
I'll have a "schnittstelle" please! :D

(USB memory stick kit for centre console)

AGO41T
02-07-2007, 10:38 PM
No problems Schnitzel coming straight up, just tell me when your coming for dinner.

I'll have a "schnittstelle" please! :D

(USB memory stick kit for centre console)

I fly out Aug 17th and so far dreams - front bar with spottie inserts to come back in surfboard bag, no clothes in the suitcase just adjustable coil overs and clutch kit.

Dunno still looking into what i can bring back in suitcase.

I am looking into shipping costs but to bulk buy it is alot cheaper.

BL33SU
02-07-2007, 11:08 PM
badgeless grill :D intercooler kit :?

gpk_gti
02-07-2007, 11:13 PM
hold on,something wrong here!! a woman going on holidays with a empty suitcase??? I thought the norm was 4 outfits and 6 pairs of shoes per day = 2 suitcases for 2 week holiday!!! hahahahah

take care with customs bringing any bits back,they are a pain and will try to charge you tax!!!

DubSteve
03-07-2007, 09:33 AM
I would like a short shift kit, badgeless grille, Keskin KT4's and some OEM MK4 look a light headlights for the vr:D

syncro
03-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Don't forget, you can only bring 20kg in luggage. Excess luggage is very expensive. If you can get it out of Germany the postage will be cheaper.

DubSteve
04-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Don't forget, you can only bring 20kg in luggage. Excess luggage is very expensive. If you can get it out of Germany the postage will be cheaper.

Yeah mine would only way about that much thats a suitcase full ;)

Kenji
06-07-2007, 04:56 PM
I'll tell you a smart ass thing I did when I last went to japan
I brought back 2 subs 2 amps 4 6inchers and a md head unit and heaps of other stuff lol.

what you do is pack the suit case to the max weight you can check in
and load all the heavy stuff in your hand luggage but It can't be too big though

In my situation my check in luggage was 30kg
and my hand luggage was 40kg lol

when you walk thourgh you lust need to smile and make the
hand luggage seem light

and another thing is when you bring back parts you should never leave them in their packaging coz there will be more of a threat of getting taxed put, some grease and dirt on the parts and say they were a gift you friend, uncle or whom ever gave them to you

hope this helpsj:

BL33SU
08-08-2007, 04:44 PM
few weeks til u go 4 ur holiday,
soo..... have you got the list of what to buy? j:
i would like a k04 turbo and a wife from anywhere in europe thnx :D

have a good holiday n safe trip http://tambayan.1.forumer.com/html/emoticons/tambayan/dance2.gif

static1800
08-08-2007, 04:57 PM
i want a VR6 Corrado a G60 limited and a Rallye while your at it. That should all fit in your personal luggage. :D

gpk_gti
08-08-2007, 05:02 PM
what I want doesnt fit in a bag,,it has its own seat!! 6foot blond,blue eyes 36-24-36 !hahahaa,

VW Convert
08-08-2007, 05:10 PM
i would like a k04 turbo and a wife from anywhere in europe thnx :D

what I want doesnt fit in a bag,,it has its own seat!! 6foot blond,blue eyes 36-24-36 !hahahaa,

You blokes have picked the most expensive items! j:

Stick to playing with cars........costs a lot less! ROFLL j:

Cheers

George

gpk_gti
08-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Stick to playing with cars........costs a lot less! ROFLL j:

and less headaches...........:D

VW Convert
08-08-2007, 05:35 PM
and less headaches...........:D

My car never nags me, never drags me from shop to shop for hours on end, doesn't complain if I want to watch the motor racing, bike racing, footy etc on TV, doesn't make me watch Big Brother :mad:, Australian Idol or Biggest Loser.

When I tell my car to go, it goes, when I tell it to stop, it stops, when I tell it to go left, it goes left.....when I tell my wife what to do she lets me know who's boss!

Wonder how much trade in I can get for her on a R32? j:

Cheers

George

PS Ladies, before you inundate me with abuse, it's tongue in cheek, I love her dearly! LOL

gpk_gti
08-08-2007, 05:37 PM

I have often asked her this!!!!! :D

DaveMack
08-08-2007, 11:57 PM

If you ever find out George ... let us know, OK? :D

Dave

BL33SU
09-08-2007, 12:23 AM
what goes harder, the r32 or the wife j: ;)

VW Convert
09-08-2007, 09:54 AM

There are some things a gentleman never discloses! ;) j:

Cheers

George

gpk_gti
09-08-2007, 09:59 AM

you want me to get a deathwish or something like that???

when are you getting married so you can also enjoy the benefits??:rolleyes: just ask steve!! hahahhaa

DubSteve
09-08-2007, 10:22 AM
when are you getting married so you can also enjoy the benefits??:rolleyes: just ask steve!! hahahhaa

I ain't there yet:) I need to fix my car up first:D:D

static1800
09-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm staying out of this one

VW Convert
09-08-2007, 12:30 PM
If you ever find out George ... let us know, OK? :D

Dave

You got one to trade in too Dave? Maybe we could get a package deal for a pair of R32s. j:

Cheers

George

AGO41T
09-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Okay so I am bringing back two clones of me but one with blonde hair and a little taller.:D
You trying to tell me something Ray????:rolleyes:

I don't complain when the car racing is on! I wish I was on the screen though.
I don't go shopping unless I know the one shop i have to go to and what i want.
My suitcases are empty, so 3 K04's, 2 intercooler kits, 4 HD lamp kits, a couple of R32's anything else lol:?

Well guys and girls I am off next Friday but some how I think I will be stopped at customs as I think I will need a whole shipping container not a bag or two.

I am going for a last cruise this Friday night so whoever can make it I would appreciate it. Just maybe Lapa or Bondi or maybe we can do a photo cruise. I have found a whole lot of great photo spots.

gpk_gti
09-08-2007, 01:30 PM
If you get a chance Biance,go to this SUPER MODDING STORE,they are everywhere in Germany and stock everything!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.duw.de/

might try to catch you guys fri night!!!

DaveMack
09-08-2007, 06:41 PM
You got one to trade in too Dave? Maybe we could get a package deal for a pair of R32s. j:

Cheers

George

Why not, George? :D If you find the market ... let me know. (God ... it's a good thing my wife doesn't know how to log on to this forum. :confused: )

Dave

VW Convert
10-08-2007, 12:01 PM
(God ... it's a good thing my wife doesn't know how to log on to this forum. :confused: )

Dave

Ditto! ROFLL j:

belle
31-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Thats the best advice Kenji!

Ive done this a few times coming home from london via tokyo or osaka.

I wear my heaviest pair of shoes (I take thongs for on the plane to stay comfy), if its colder where your going to or from take your biggest jacket out of your bag as its not counted as hand luggage!

But the most important is to keep that smile no matter how heavy the bag is! I brought back 30kg in hand and 40 in checked in (JAL and most of the asian airlines seem to be more generous with luggage allowances)

Have a great trip ago41t & mk2.

Also agree with Germans and English!

My boyfriends neighbour has been in Germany for 9 months on a internship with BMW and he didnt now any German before going there!

I'll tell you a smart ass thing I did when I last went to japan
I brought back 2 subs 2 amps 4 6inchers and a md head unit and heaps of other stuff lol.

what you do is pack the suit case to the max weight you can check in
and load all the heavy stuff in your hand luggage but It can't be too big though

In my situation my check in luggage was 30kg
and my hand luggage was 40kg lol

when you walk thourgh you lust need to smile and make the
hand luggage seem light

hope this helpsj: