PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrades

The_Hawk
04-08-2011, 04:13 PM
There has been a few forum updates done today as part of regular maintenance. I do not expect any issues with the main forums, but if you notice anything out of place or odd, please let me know.

I have also updated the mobile theme for those running mobile devices and not using Tapatalk. Hopefully it will be seamless, although in my case I had to re-select the mobile theme. If you are in this boat can you let me know if things happened automatically or if you had to do something manually?

Lastly, we are very close to having our very own branded iPhone and Android app. Testing will be underway shortly... watch this space :D

ralp2dam
04-08-2011, 05:12 PM
There has been a few forum updates done today as part of regular maintenance. I do not expect any issues with the main forums, but if you notice anything out of place or odd, please let me know.

I have also updated the mobile theme for those running mobile devices and not using Tapatalk. Hopefully it will be seamless, although in my case I had to re-select the mobile theme. If you are in this boat can you let me know if things happened automatically or if you had to do something manually?

Lastly, we are very close to having our very own branded iPhone and Android app. Testing will be underway shortly... watch this space :D

Sounds good for the app, I'm sure there will be interest in it. Thanks for the update.

mikinoz
04-08-2011, 05:13 PM
You charge me 99c and I will go and frequent vwgolfivegotmoreilleststickersthanyou.net :D

The_Hawk
04-08-2011, 05:22 PM
You charge me 99c and I will go and frequent vwgolfivegotmoreilleststickersthanyou.net :D

Damn... my subtle plan to retire early foiled again!

Just for you, I'll make it free ;)

The_Hawk
06-08-2011, 08:33 AM
UPDATE: I have had to disable the built in mobile theme after a couple of people have discovered a small issue... if you select the mobile theme while on a desktop you get stuck in an infinite loop and can't get back out. I'm working on getting it back ASAP.

The_Hawk
06-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Update 2:
I have turned the theme back on, however at this stage it seems there is an issue with the link in the theme, again something I am looking into fixing. For the moment if you are on a mobile device it will default to the mobile theme and the link to get out doesn't work. Fine if your happy to be in the mobile theme... not so much otherwise.
Same goes on the desktop, if you manually select the mobile theme you can't get back out via the link in the footer.

For the moment here is a manual link which should allow you to get back out to the normal style:

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/forum.php?styleid=-1