PDA

View Full Version : Caddy TDI - Airbag suspension + RNS510

Dano™
01-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi Guys,

Just after some advice for a friend who has recntly purchased a Caddy with a wheelchair conversion.

The floor at the rear had been cut and made lower to allow easy access for a wheel chair but it drags on just about every
curb so he is looking at getting it raised

He is taking it out to an airbag suspension shop today to get their input and a quote

My first thought was to put blocks in to raise it an inch or two but this might not be an option is it may make it too high for the wheel chair access

Has anyone looked at getting bags in their caddy's? If so what sort of cost would you expect to be looking at? Any other options for raising the rear?

The electric wheelchair weighs in at around 120kg

The other thing he is interested in is Bluetooth for his iphone, park distance sensors & reversing camera I have
recommended the RNS510 as thats what I was looking at putting in my golf is this compatible with the caddy?

If it is I am guessing you can easily add the factory GPS, bluetooth and reversing camera kits that work with the RNS510

Any advice will be appreciated

Cheers,
Dan

Lams
01-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi Dan, I was thinking the other day that my van gets a bit low when I got 7 people on board, and airbags may be a solution (we use them on a few vehicles at work).
But it is just a thought and I haven't looked into it.

on the RNS510 - depending on the year of the Caddy, it could be plug and play. However, things like bluetooth, reversing camera are all separate modules. One of those chinese units may be a good solution, as it would have all those features built into one unit.