PDA

View Full Version : Firewall, Amp Cable!?!

RisingPhoenix
23-07-2011, 01:51 PM
OK, so far the stereo has gone nicely into the Polo, and I've finally managed to massage most of the cables into place. The last question that remains is, where the hell can I run the amp cable from the battery, through the firewall preferably on the passenger side without resorting to dremel or drill?

Cheers,

Steve

pontiff
24-07-2011, 09:56 AM
There Are some gromets that u can use, I have a power cable running into mine from the battery, I'll go take a look for u and take a pic :)

RisingPhoenix
29-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Thanks, Will definitely help out!

pontiff
29-07-2011, 03:15 PM
If you lift up that felt piece there is a grommet you can use i believe. It was dark, so hard to get in there with the torch AND lift it up, but hopefully it gives you something to go off :)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/07/StereoWiring-1.jpg

RisingPhoenix
30-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the photo. I just got home from a day of discovering new shipwrecks diving. Thought I'll have a quick look now and promptly decided. Stuff it. It's too dark to try and figure this out. I'll have a better look in the morning :P

Out of interest. Where does this (so far) ellusive grommet spit the cable out inside the car?

Cheers,

Steve

pontiff
31-07-2011, 05:32 PM
A very good question... i cannot remember.. I'll pull the head unit and have a look :)

RisingPhoenix
31-07-2011, 09:33 PM
No dramas. All is good in the world! After much poking and prodding. I found the flap. - Bad pun, take it as you will :P

bjarne
06-07-2017, 11:47 PM
If you lift up that felt piece there is a grommet you can use i believe. It was dark, so hard to get in there with the torch AND lift it up, but hopefully it gives you something to go off :)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/07/StereoWiring-1.jpg

where would this be compared to the engine? i looked around and couldn't find any place that matched this picture