PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion where to get some 6n1 parts

pontiff
10-07-2011, 11:06 PM
hi guys,

I have 2 6n1's. My 1997 red daily driver and my original silver 1999 which once the kangaroo hit it, turned into a 'parts car'. Well a good friend of mine is turning 18, so i'm thinking I may bring it back to life and give it to him for a 18th present. Sure its not the best car out there, but it its a car and its not pristine, so no need to be precious about it..

Can anyone suggest where would be the best place to get the following bits and pieces. I have often rang wreckers here in Melb, and they're usually either un-interested, dont ring you back or just ridiculous in price.

1) Suspension (anyone got a price on just a normal OEM set?. I put bilsteins on the red one for about $500 I think)
2) steering wheel (current ones rubber is starting to come away from the sun i guess)
2) airbag slip ring
3) Silver Bonnet and Drivers side guard (i have a brand new unpainted guard, but wonder if i can find silver parts, can just bolt on, not fussed for an 'exact' paint match)
4) brake vaccum hose that runs from master cylinder to rocker cover (i think thats where it goes, had a t-piece on the end of it)
5) Ignition Leads (one of them is stuffed)
6) boot struts (hold up the boot when they feel like it, but not often :)
7) 13" wheel caps (pic is attached of them)
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/07/photo1-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/07/photo2-1.jpg

I have found some of it on ebay.co.uk (they seem to have tons of polos) but just checking if there is anywhere decent here that may carry some of it it could be a bit cheaper.

Cheers and thanks :)

I see the post from 6 months ago about a red one at pick a part here in Melbourne.. I wonder if thats still there?

sports racer
11-07-2011, 06:22 PM
PM sent .

karmen
02-09-2011, 08:15 PM
may have some bits off a Cordoba
click my email and will send pics

2timer
08-11-2011, 10:50 PM
hi mate, theres a wrecker in Langwarrin that has 2 polos there that would be good for parts a 2001 model and the other is a 1997 I think, both pretty complete there called

Harvey Wreckers
Phone: (03) 5971 1132
Address: 400 Warrandyte Rd, Langwarrin, VIC 3190

Hope this helps
Pete.