PDA

View Full Version : Ran a VCDS scan on my Skoda need a couple of things clarified.

drc13
06-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi Guys

Today I connected up my Skoda Octavia RS MY11 to VCDS and found a couple of things that struck me as strange.

Whilst browsing through the long coding on the modules I noticed a few things that weren't ticked that I know I actually have in my car. I haven't changed anything as I'd rather trust the stock settings but I know when I installed my bluetooth module that without ticking telephone in vcds it didn't function.

The main one I noticed was Tire Pressure Monitoring. My car should have this and I've pressed the button to set it in my car when I first filled up my tires but never run the tires low enough to see if it works. Is there a reason references to TPM wouldn't be ticked.

It's the same story for two other items that I noticed.

* Air quality sensor unticked (as far as I know my car should have one of these)
* Spoiler unticked (there's one bolted to the car!)

Hopefully the answer is simply don't worry about it it's normal but just wanted to check.

Cheers

gavs
13-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Maybe ask for your dealership to check for you if they are/aren't infact working / available on your car, their diagnostic equipment is a bit more comprehensive than the VCDS software, for example, they found my car had the wrong software installed!

peedman
13-07-2011, 10:31 AM
For tire pressure monitor there are actually two systems. One which detects variances in the rolling speed of the wheels and one which actually has the tpms sensors on the wheels. We have the first one whereas in the US they have the second one so i wouldnt go unticking or ticking things unless u know for sure which is which.

drc13
21-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I've left it for now and feel better knowing that there is an alternate TPM system out there which could explain the lack of tick.

Cheers

Ryan_R
31-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Have a look at this thread, might give you more info:
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f112/how-retrofit-indirect-tire-pressure-monitoring-5-minutes-7k6-50164.html

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/f112/official-vww-vcds-tweak-library-50749.html