PDA

View Full Version : Weird Electrics

cusack
11-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Hi All

1. After the signal light clicks back to neutral, the signalling sound keeps clicking away for about 30secs (although the signal light on the panel does not light and neither does the external lights). ...Just the sound continues.

2. Today after switching the lights off and turning off the engine, I found that the right park light was still on. I then got back in the car and drove home and then it was fine when I got home. It actually turned off when I turned off the light.

Sounds like weird electronics to me and I think its somehow linked. Anyone had similar experiences or any advice on this?

Regards

dancet
11-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Ok not too sure what you're asking about with the first point.

With the second point, I had the same problem once. I noticed the left parking light on after I turned the lights off and locked the car. I got back in and turned the ignition on and my left indicator was on. I clicked it off and it was all good.

So it seems you can turn the left or right parking lights on if you turn the car off with the left or right indicator on.

gpk_gti
11-06-2007, 09:18 PM
hey!

sounds like you have left your blinkers on,which will leave one park light on,,used in europe when you park in a narrow street:mad:,usually they still crack your mirror off!hehe

dont completely understand your no1 issue...

syncro
11-06-2007, 10:59 PM
1/ Lane change function. Touch the blinker arm and they give a few flashes to change lanes.

2/ Park light. Most VWs have this option.

SoVeReIgN
11-06-2007, 11:33 PM
I'd say your indicator controller is failing - Has happened on atleast 50% of the a3/s3s I know and the GTI will no doubt use the same part. And mine was doing the same thing (clicking away without the indicators on)

The controller is within the emergency button, the part cost me ~$30 from vagparts UK.

gpk_gti
11-06-2007, 11:44 PM
hey sov,,that happens to me sometimes,,,blinkers wont work,it stays on.I just give it a jiggle and viola!

ope126
12-06-2007, 07:49 AM
1/ Lane change function. Touch the blinker arm and they give a few flashes to change lanes.

2/ Park light. Most VWs have this option.

MK4 Golfs don't come with the lane change function, well at least no mine anyway...Not for long though, it is on it's way from Germany! :D

Glenn

cusack
12-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the responses. Sorry for the bad explanation. What I meant was..

1.When you turn on the left or right blinker, the indicator lights starts blinking and you also get the clicking sound as per normal. The problem is after it flicks back to its normal position, the “clicking sound” continues for about 30secs. Thanks SoVeReIgN for your info on this. That might actually be the problem.

With the parking lights issue, I’ll test it later tonight by leaving the signal light on and turning off the engine. I hope that’s it. Still have to get used to the features of it :)

Apart from that, we’ve had this car since the weekend (2001 Mk4 GLE 2.0) ….and absolutely loving it!

Regards