PDA

View Full Version : Amarok delivery delays??????

Bloodman
10-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Can anyone give me a answer as to why the amarok is having delivery issues? We have a management stock number supplied to us by the dealer because they were hitting walls about our car and we are getting irate. We have contacted VAG in Sydney and they said it was on the dock and was held up by quarantine. The vehicle was delivered in February to Brisbane, went to quarantine, out of quarantine in April and has been held up on the docks by Patrick Stevedores since.
Why has our Amarok been held up by a company that is paid to deliver VAG vehicles?
Has VAG not paid their bills???
Apparently there is 2000 vehicles being held up ( quote from "customer care" in Sydney)...is this correct????
Delivery, we have been told could be August... But not sure...
I live 75 km from the dock, I will go and get the bloody thing but will probably just cancel the order and go with the Nissan Navara 550 like I was going to do in the first place. :facepalm:
Love my R36 though :banana:

Transporter
10-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Hmm, in the country in February and promised to deliver to customer in August? I guess that would annoy everybody. :?

Umai Naa!!
10-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Aren't there issues with Patrick's warfies striking at the moment?

I'd go and ring around, or go through a broker, and see if there's an Amarok the same as the one you're planning to purchase, and buy that.

phaeton
11-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Moth eggs were found in an Amarok and as such quarantine had to do there duty - atm I think its all cleared up Amaroks are now being delivered.

Kiwi
12-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Thats what they said about three weeks ago to me, that they are now all moving! Volkswagen are going to have kick patricks up the ass because I need this Before the end of June, or the Tax man will want more tax off me. i am thinking of pulling the pin on it in the last week of June and going with a Nissan, if it's not here.

ben_from_watson
12-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Kiwi, I was nearly at the point of handing over a deposit for a Navara St-X. Then I started to run into a lot of online discussions about reliability and Nissan funny buggers on warranty. Try typing Nissan and clutch into google....if you plan to use it for work (like towing or a few hundred kg in the back) I'd be wary....just a pers opinion (not had a navara)

Kiwi
13-06-2011, 08:36 PM
But will I get it before the end of June? **** I hope so!

The_Hawk
13-06-2011, 09:33 PM
But will I get it before the end of June? **** I hope so!

While it might now be ideal... especially if your without a vehicle, but any chance you can "finalise" the paper work in June for your tax implications? Maybe the dealer can come up with something half way acceptable to help you out??

Bloodman
14-06-2011, 10:27 AM
The dealer suggested that I pay now and get the car when it eventually turns up....I must look like a real idiot. Where is the incentive for the dealer to push VW Aust. to get their sh@t together and why would I consider paying a lease for a vehicle that I don't have????
I bought my R36 in melbourne after the Brisbane salesman told me he was to busy to see me even though I made a appointment. It would have been the easiest sale of his carreer, I walked out called my wife and by the time it took me to drive home she had three to choose from on the net, I called two dealers and bought it over the phone / Email (Friday afternoon) and picked the new car up on Monday morning (well done ease done VW) and drove it home with my two children (great road trip).
We live in country Queensland so I want to keep a 4 wheel drive in the family and was happy with VW in the past and didn't want a Toyota but now only have the Nissan / Toyota really to choose from. It wasn't a particularly hard order, highline in blue, reverse sensors and running rails, a tow bar would have been great but I thought it might have been too hard so early on.
We were going to give "them" until Thursday but will cancel today!

flyingfridge
14-06-2011, 03:59 PM
TBH it isn't your dealer's fault. Amarok supply is tricky to say the least and VGA aren't being 100% forthcoming with us with all the information. As dealer's we're on a 'need to know' basis and apparrently in this case, we don't need to know.

Wait for your Amarok, it'll be worth your while. Worst case if you need to make sure the paperwork is done b4 EOFY go in on the 30th and take care of it then.

It's not a matter of us getting our sh@t together and chasing VGA for cars, trust me we as a dealer group are doing that (poor Adrian at VWCV hates me by now) it's just waiting for whatever is holding them up - I know it sucks but it'll be worth it.

Bloodman
14-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I am aware that it is not the sales reps "fault" but I the same breath I will not be giving my hard earned money to anybody that is not going to give me anything for it. My wife called some manager (details not on hand) at VW in Sydney today and was told that they couldn't say that the vehicle was able to be delivered in August either.
How much is this model being released into Australia going to cost people, the rep is out a commission, the dealer is out profit, VW Aust is getting a bad name and I'm having to revisit various dealers to now find a vehicle that suits my commercial and private needs.
If it's Patrick Stevedores mishandling then change for someone that can do the job, if it's the unions that are costing people their livelihoods then someone should grab the Sh@t stirring pr&cks by the scruff of the neck and shake the Christ out of him!
I'm not happy, the time wasted could have been spent better repairing my flood damaged house and property not chasing a company so I can SPEND money with them!!!!!!!!

Kiwi
14-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Flyingfridge, I think you as a dealer have to be up front with customers and say, Sorry don't bother about buying an Amarok this Financial Year! Rather than saying yep two week, "it's all moving now" when you know there is a problem with them.

FLAUNTT
14-06-2011, 05:34 PM
TBH it isn't your dealer's fault. Amarok supply is tricky to say the least and VGA aren't being 100% forthcoming with us with all the information. As dealer's we're on a 'need to know' basis and apparrently in this case, we don't need to know.

Wait for your Amarok, it'll be worth your while. Worst case if you need to make sure the paperwork is done b4 EOFY go in on the 30th and take care of it then.

It's not a matter of us getting our sh@t together and chasing VGA for cars, trust me we as a dealer group are doing that (poor Adrian at VWCV hates me by now) it's just waiting for whatever is holding them up - I know it sucks but it'll be worth it.

Hi guys, I dont hate you Sam, as I believe you are doing everything you can to secure me the car I want. It is just a little frustrating to have to wait for a product that is going to take it up to the Toyota Hilux in ute sales when there is no stock around. I realise I did order an Ultimate and didnt order it in one of the more popular colours, (as Sam has offered other colours to me to try and fufill my order). But with having to drive an 2008 Hilux at the moment, I can justify the wait for a new Amarok!!

Also Sam , I am the President of Club Audi Victoria, not a member of VWCV !

flyingfridge
14-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Haha, not referring to you Adrian! Our rep from VGA CV is Adrian as well :cool:

Kiwi, the point is the cars I'm waiting on now were originally promised for delivery in April. If you guys think you are getting the run around, we're getting it x30. The problem is that if something happens or there are delays our story changes and it's frustrating for us too. I can't speak on behalf of all dealers but as much as I try to be honest with customers if something changes I'm an *******. Yes, I have lost deals and subsequently my livelihood out of this schemozzle so believe you me when I say I'm more frustrated than you guys, you'd better believe it - but the crux of it is all we can do is wait, nothing we can say or do is going to remedy the situation unfortunately.

sh|tbmxrider
14-06-2011, 11:25 PM

Kiwi, the point is the cars I'm waiting on now were originally promised for delivery in April. If you guys think you are getting the run around, we're getting it x30. The problem is that if something happens or there are delays our story changes and it's frustrating for us too. I can't speak on behalf of all dealers but as much as I try to be honest with customers if something changes I'm an *******. Yes, I have lost deals and subsequently my livelihood out of this schemozzle so believe you me when I say I'm more frustrated than you guys, you'd better believe it - but the crux of it is all we can do is wait, nothing we can say or do is going to remedy the situation unfortunately.

+1

90% of the reps out there, the honest ones that actually care about there customers, will all be as frustrated as you. I know I have been when I am trying to get a vehicle I have sold out of the quagmire that is the ports in this country....

Kiwi
16-06-2011, 08:13 PM
It's funny seeing the Amarok add at the top of this page "The Uber Ute Is" Where? Because I haven't seen it!

ntboozer
16-06-2011, 08:33 PM
This car i have waited for 6 months now,what a bucket of crap yes they where in quarantine but they failed many ADR issues when i picked mine up last friday the general manager thought it was funny to tell me that there is as many as 7 factory recalls for warranty all to do with the driveline.Honestly it is a big disappointment VGA should be very proud of their total F@@@ up of the launch and delivery of this fine piece of crap im getting rid of mine after 4 days feel sorry if someone has financed this vehicle

More info on these 7 factory recalls would be appreciated.

ben_from_watson
16-06-2011, 09:05 PM
7 recalls?

Bollocks

calibrated
16-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Nice 1st post. Would you mind backing up that claim with some actual proof?

Transporter
16-06-2011, 10:03 PM
This car i have waited for 6 months now,what a bucket of crap yes they where in quarantine but they failed many ADR issues when i picked mine up last friday the general manager thought it was funny to tell me that there is as many as 7 factory recalls for warranty all to do with the driveline.Honestly it is a big disappointment VGA should be very proud of their total F@@@ up of the launch and delivery of this fine piece of crap im getting rid of mine after 4 days feel sorry if someone has financed this vehicle

Could any NSW dealer verify that any of theses is the truth. I don't beleive that! :?

phantomcamel
16-06-2011, 10:23 PM
All car manufacturers (import vehicles) use Patrick's - no choice... :(

phantomcamel
16-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Thats what they said about three weeks ago to me, that they are now all moving! Volkswagen are going to have kick patricks up the ass because I need this Before the end of June, or the Tax man will want more tax off me. i am thinking of pulling the pin on it in the last week of June and going with a Nissan, if it's not here.As long you have an invoice dated June & probably have the bill paid you are fine

phantomcamel
16-06-2011, 10:32 PM

Kiwi, the point is the cars I'm waiting on now were originally promised for delivery in April. If you guys think you are getting the run around, we're getting it x30. The problem is that if something happens or there are delays our story changes and it's frustrating for us too. I can't speak on behalf of all dealers but as much as I try to be honest with customers if something changes I'm an *******. Yes, I have lost deals and subsequently my livelihood out of this schemozzle so believe you me when I say I'm more frustrated than you guys, you'd better believe it - but the crux of it is all we can do is wait, nothing we can say or do is going to remedy the situation unfortunately.I second that... No delivery = no money in the pocket of salesperson

phantomcamel
16-06-2011, 10:37 PM
VGA is about to send letters out to all clients whose delivery has been delay with a token gesture (sorry, no details on what that entails)

fouros
17-06-2011, 12:13 PM
new multifunction steering wheel :rolleyes:

TIMM
18-06-2011, 06:47 PM
I will post the factory recall list when i get a copy off them next week for what was done if the parts arrive

Matt05x
18-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Hmmm, not calling anyone dishonest, but not one other person has been advised by dealers on any Amarok forum I have seen about seven recalls. I picked up my Ultimate yesterday & I have to say that if Timm thought his Amarok is a piece of junk, I'd love to hear his assessment of a hilux or triton! Timmy also said he is getting rid of it after 4 days yet he is going to post his recall details. Perhaps he's keeping it after all? Perhaps it's just a good story?
Secondly, every 4x4 magazine that has tested the Amarok, have stated it completely lifts the bar & has set a new standard for the 1t ute market. If you think it's a piece of crap Timmy, you are screwed mate. No 1t ute available currently, is better.
Last but not least, any parts replaced as part of a scheduled service is NOT a recall. I believe they are refered to as service bulletins. Recalls involve safety being compromised such as throttles sticking on (Toyota), tail shafts falling out (Toyota), bonnets unlatching at speed(ford). Service bulletins are actually good news, it means updated, more reliable parts at no extra cost & we continue to benefit from research and development.

Transporter
18-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I agree service bulletin is not a safety recall.
Once again, can any dealer comment on the above?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk.

flyingfridge
19-06-2011, 01:18 PM
I agree service bulletin is not a safety recall.
Once again, can any dealer comment on the above?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk.

No knowledge of the alleged 7 recalls here.

There is a service bulletin out to fit a damper to a clutch pipe for early build cars, that's all I know about.

FASTCRAIG
19-06-2011, 08:55 PM
From a sales perspective, its just as frustrating, we have the Demo trendline, but it is hard to sell a car when one gets asked 'So , whats the difference between this and a Highline?' , a bit of chrome here, and a flasher stereo doesnt convince anyone

jjr
20-06-2011, 10:49 PM
i am really frustrated at the moment as I was promised Mid april. i believe my car arrived in Sydney on the 17th of May and i still dont have it. I called VW Australia today and all they could say was " we acknowledge that there are delivery delays on the Amaroks but we encourage you to call your dealer so he can speak to his stock controller and ultimately get them to speak to the dealers VW rep if there are any problems." I can honestly tell you my dealer is sick of hearing from me.

Seano
21-06-2011, 10:26 AM
All of this probably explains why my local dealer is putting their efforts into selling Mitsu Tritons and Great Walls - and succeeding - despite also being a VW dealer. Zero local marketing of the Amarok. No local demonstrator nor is one in their service fleet (but they do run heavily stickered Triton and X240 dual cabs).....and this from a rural based dealer.

...and the local fleets are very aware of the forthcoming Ranger.

shaunchester
24-08-2011, 02:14 PM
I have had an Ultimate on order for the last 2 months, when I signed the contract I was told it was 2 weeks away, that two weeks quickly turned into 6 weeks and that 6 weeks has been and gone with not car!

I have been doing my fair share of moaning and groaning, which led to a phone call from the Sales Manager at the dealership! He told me why they are having delays with delivery of Amaroks australia wide.

Apparently 6,000 amaroks arrived in Australia all with poor quality paint work, dust and dirt in the under the paint surface, rust coming through and general crappy quality. He mentioned that they are re-spraying all the cars and also replacing panels which is causing the biggest delays as they need shipping from Argentina.

Sounds like they have cocked up in Argentina with this one!

Has anyone else had a similar story? Sales Manager offered me $600 off the 'overpriced' hard tray cover as compensation, how generous!