PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen Amarok Model Year (MY12) 2012 Changes

Maverick
10-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Volkswagen Amarok Model Year (MY12) 2012 Changes

All RCD210 and RCD310 display colour change
Amarok Multifunction steering wheel (ZA9 for Basic, PA9 for Trendline). Now standard on
Amarok Highline and Ultimate.
Amarok Heated seats standard for Ultimate, switches on console
Amarok Daytime running lights (standard from Week 8 production)
Amarok Availability of Amarok Dual Cab Chassis and Trendline Dual Cab Chassis (ZFA,ZFB)
Amarok Change to the decorative seam for Amarok Ultimate armrest

Full details and photos here - Volkswagen Australia Commercial Vehicle Model Year 2012 (MY12) Changes (http://www.my-gti.com/3178/)

Umai Naa!!
10-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Some verey positive and practical changes there.

Especially the multifunction steering wheel and the ability to order an Amarok, sans tub.

joshdalt
23-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Multifunction steering wheel! woo

I'm unsure why this wasn't added earlier.

tinto
23-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Nice one Mav.When does / did MY12 kick off?

Maverick
23-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Nice one Mav.When does / did MY12 kick off?

Pretty much anything built from now, they don't have specific dates listed like the passenger cars so I assume calender week 22.

ntboozer
24-06-2011, 05:15 PM
So I'll ask again the question I posed back when all were saying 'Amarok was not going to be fitted with a Multifunction steering wheel'. Can it be retro fitted to an earlier built Rok e.g. my yet to be delivered Highline (build week 48.2010) ?

calibrated
25-06-2011, 08:23 AM
i'd hope they can be retro-fitted.

i'd be keen to put a GTD wheel in my 'Rok :D :cookie:

ntboozer
25-06-2011, 06:33 PM
As in build week 48.2010 and not yet delivered to you or build week 48.2011 and not yet built?

Doh :facepalm:

Have edited my post original post

Umai Naa!!
05-07-2011, 08:24 PM
I'd say it could be retro-fitted. You'd need a new steering wheel electrics module, too.

Deadly_headmen
29-04-2012, 11:38 AM
i was browsing the net and found this website:
MY13 Details Announced - 4x4 Community Forum (http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=111958)

It list the following changes to MY13 Amaroks for Europe:
2013 Model Year details announced
A whole list of revisions for 2013 Model Year Amarok, European production starts in Germany build week 30 (week commencing 23rd July):
STANDARD:
1. All Amarok 2.0BiTDi's will now be 180PS.
2. Amarok automatic production starts, available to order from Monday 9th April. Basic retail price £25,105+delivery+VAT+Road tax, Permanent 4WD only and 'Bluemotion' as standard.
3. Current Amarok Highline Permanent 4WD manual being replaced with Highline 180PS 'Bluemotion' Permanent 4WD - still not classed as a 'commercial' vehicle due to it's payload.
4. Lockable tailgate - All models now include as standard an easy-to-use lockable tailgate. This includes a torsion bar that makes the tailgate easier to close.
5. Front and rear parking sensors - Highline models now have front- and rear-parking sensors as standard (previously rear only).
6. Load bed fastening rings - the standard load bed fastening rings change to fixed, from foldable.
7. Steel spare wheel - the standard full-size alloy spare wheel is replaced with a full-size steel spare wheel. An alloy spare wheel is be available as an option on all models but is standard when the optional 19” alloy wheel is ordered.

OPTIONS
1. Cornering lights - front fog lights incorporating cornering light function are now available.
2. Alastro alloy wheel - the optional 19-inch Alastro alloy wheel is replaced with 19-inch x 8J Cantera alloy wheel, fitted with 255/55 R19 tyres.
3. Tow bar - the optional towbar is replaced with a new version. It is a rigid towbar with a 50mm ball diameter and 13-pin socket. Note the start/stop system on BlueMotion Technology models is not engaged when towing a trailer.
4. Bluetooth phone preparation - Bluetooth mobile phone preparation is now available as a standalone factory fitted option (previously factory-fitted Bluetooth has only been available with RNS 315 Sat Nav). RNS 315 still includes Bluetooth.
5. Mendoza Brown metallic paint is replaced with Toffee Brown metallic paint from the Transporter paint range.
6. Automatic dimming rear view mirrors with rain sensors now available.
7. Heated front seats and heated washer jets now available (standard on Highline models).
8. Leatherette upholstery available for Startline models.
9. Auxiliary heaters are now available.

Does anyone know if we will be getting these options? When do they usually announce model changes?
Sorry for asking Q's. was gonna purchase an Amarok in June and buy the Bluetooth and RNS-510 from ebay but Europes MY13 comes with bluetooth from factory which would be better and has the dimming mirror and rain sensor.