PDA

View Full Version : ESP switch in a mk4 gti, can it be done?

silverdovegti
08-06-2007, 09:09 PM
hey,

was just wondering if its possible (or safe!) to install an ESP switch in a mk4 golf gti? :? just like the mk4 r32s and new gtis have? :?: is it complicated, recommended? would love to do some real driving without the ESP kicking in! look forward to your feedback! :D

fuzion
08-06-2007, 09:35 PM
theres a fair bit of work involved, you'd be spending excess of $2k up .

the button fits in fine, use it for something else maybe? lol.. your garage door buzzer, sub control..?! :P

SoVeReIgN
08-06-2007, 10:02 PM
err.. are you sure Australian mk4 GTIs have esp?

fuzion
08-06-2007, 11:46 PM
r32 only.

search vwvortex, ukmkivs and ull see a few threads on it

DaveMack
09-06-2007, 12:39 AM
r32 only.

search vwvortex, ukmkivs and ull see a few threads on it

Aww ... go on ... let him fit one. :D

Dave

fuzion
11-06-2007, 07:32 AM
whats that dave? your going to help him!

look at that, what a wonderful offer.... LOL

:P hehehe

ope126
11-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Maybe it would be good just replacing the "Blank" with an ESP / ASR switch...
Question is would it light up when you put the headlights on?

I really don't think by adding the switch you will actually gain the ESP functionality though...

fuzion
11-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Maybe it would be good just replacing the "Blank" with an ESP / ASR switch...
Question is would it light up when you put the headlights on?

I really don't think by adding the switch you will actually gain the ESP functionality though...

providing you connect it up it would light up yes. as i said you could connect it to your garage buzzer or something else maybe so least it has some sort of use there! lol

the blanks are very easy to pull out too, just the switch (esp/asr) isnt that cheap!

mikinoz
13-06-2007, 09:39 PM
hey,

was just wondering if its possible (or safe!) to install an ESP switch in a mk4 golf gti? :? just like the mk4 r32s and new gtis have? :?: is it complicated, recommended? would love to do some real driving without the ESP kicking in! look forward to your feedback! :D

I am confused.

Do you have ESP in your car? If you do you should have a switch to turn it off as it is an optional safety item.

If you do not have ESP in your car, it is probably not financially viable to put it in as it interacts with your ABS computer/sensors etc and there are heaps of things that need to work together to make ESP in a retrofit.

MKIV R32 and 4Motion Bora have it standard IIRC.

gpk_gti
13-06-2007, 10:10 PM
I did ask a big vw mech this question which is also related to the multi function display.way too many sensors and software.maybe if you found a wrecked r32,could swap over some of the sensors and wiring,but the computer would be a issue..