PDA

View Full Version : FFFFUUUUU - Rage

manyu
03-06-2011, 07:39 PM
So, parked for 5 mins in Stanmore last night and I come back to see this.
I've had an old lady tell me it was a small yellow car...
So disappointed. You cannot see in these pics but, the part just above the foggies has some deeper scratches and also the bumper isn't sitting right.
Don't you hate it when these inconsiderate bastards just drive off after hitting your car?:mad:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/fb6-1.jpg

The_Hawk
03-06-2011, 07:45 PM
This is one of those times that Pulp Fiction is 100% relevant and correct :(

bobski
03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Unlucky mate. Some people think touch parking is how you do it :( And driving off without leaving a note or hanging around, well that just makes you want to touch park them.

manyu
03-06-2011, 08:15 PM
This is one of those times that Pulp Fiction is 100% relevant and correct :(
True, makes me want to go wait for a yellow car with suspicious damage to it and smash the ****s face. Apologies for rude language, I am so annoyed by the fact that whoever did it has no sense of consideration to others property.

Unlucky mate. Some people think touch parking is how you do it :( And driving off without leaving a note or hanging around, well that just makes you want to touch park them.
I wouldn't want to do it, last time I was reversing my Barina, I touched a camry's bumper by accident. I wrote a note leaving my contact details and told him I was willing to pay for the damage.
They guy called up in surprise that I actually left a note for him, and also to tell me that he wouldn't have noticed if I didn't tell him. He told me not to bother with any payments as it didn't concern him much.

I would have done the same thing if they left a note, but not now!

dArK5HaD0w
03-06-2011, 08:49 PM
so sorry to hear that mate.
hopefully its not too much trouble to get fixed.

on a side note.....i should stay well clear from u in my car ;)

manyu
03-06-2011, 09:01 PM
so sorry to hear that mate.
hopefully its not too much trouble to get fixed.

on a side note.....i should stay well clear from u in my car ;)

I hope it isn't too much. Im going to take the bumper off tomorrow morning and see if it did anything to the intercooler, I'll try and cut back that yellow paint with some polish (that should buff out). I have a good mate who is a spray painter, so Im going to pay him to fix up the deep scratches above the fogs. I know a couple of panel beaters from work, so I guess they will help me get the car back to perfect again :)

HaHaha. You better mate ;)

EDIT: Just realised you drive a yellow car too. Hmmmm....
Nah, kidding mate. Im sure if it was anyone on this forum (especially another fellow Skoda owner) I'm sure they would have waited for at least a small chat ;)

spaz74
04-06-2011, 10:39 AM
When I was recently selling my Lexus some inbred did the same thing. An alert bystander saw it and got the persons details. I told the police, they rand the person concerned who denied any knowledge of the incident. The copper told her he would call back in 15 minutes to give her time to think about it and that if she didn't come clean he would charge her with leaving the scene of an accident! After 5 minutes her memory returned and she called the copper and fessed up.
Without the help of that cop I would have been up ****e creek.
Moral of the story, if ya see something just leave a little note for the car concerned with as much detail as possible.

Touch parking runners deserve to be burnt at the stake!

theduckster
05-06-2011, 03:51 AM
Doesn't it suck what people think they can get away with.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long or cost too much too get your baby back into shape, manyu

manyu
06-06-2011, 08:40 PM
When I was recently selling my Lexus some inbred did the same thing. An alert bystander saw it and got the persons details. I told the police, they rand the person concerned who denied any knowledge of the incident. The copper told her he would call back in 15 minutes to give her time to think about it and that if she didn't come clean he would charge her with leaving the scene of an accident! After 5 minutes her memory returned and she called the copper and fessed up.
Without the help of that cop I would have been up ****e creek.
Moral of the story, if ya see something just leave a little note for the car concerned with as much detail as possible.

Touch parking runners deserve to be burnt at the stake!

It would have been worse I guess, you are very lucky that someone took the details. Yesterday, I went back to my girlfriends place (Stanmore, where this **** happened) And I park very close to the spot where it happened. The bakery owner comes running out to me and asks me if this was the car that got hit. I told him that it was, and in he told me that he saw it all happen. Apparently it was an Asian chick in a yellow getz with plates XPV ??? he didn't get the rest. As he was telling me, she chucked a runner as soon as she realised he hit me.

XPV.... hmmm

Doesn't it suck what people think they can get away with.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long or cost too much too get your baby back into shape, manyu

I took the bumper off last weekend and inspected the possible damage. No intercooler damage thank fully :)

Ps. The car isn't mine actually, its my Dad's. But seeing im the one who makes all the car related decisions in the family, it was my choice.

Wolfgang
06-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Was in London couple of weeks ago and saw a bloke in a new 3 series BMW reverse parking use his car to push the one behind him back so he could fit in. He just got out and walked off like nothing had happened. I just shook my head and laughed in disbelief.

K1W1
07-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Touch Up Guys (http://www.touchupguys.com.au/)

It will probably only cost around $200 and they will do it without removing the bumper while you watch and the result will be unnoticeable.

I'm not associated but I have used them for various things including exactly this plus repairing curb damaged alloys and I have recommended them to others who have been extremely happy with the results.

manyu
09-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Touch Up Guys (http://www.touchupguys.com.au/)

It will probably only cost around $200 and they will do it without removing the bumper while you watch and the result will be unnoticeable.

I'm not associated but I have used them for various things including exactly this plus repairing curb damaged alloys and I have recommended them to others who have been extremely happy with the results.

Its not just the paint, the bumper is slightly mis-aligned. And I got my mates to give me a quote for it, and it was pretty cheap (Cheaper than the touchup guys). It will be going in soon. Hopefully, some other ****wit doesn't run into it.

gldgti
09-06-2011, 09:46 PM
just ask the baker to keep an eye out... if the culprit is local, they'll come again.

jbviajero
10-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Agreed it is pretty rude to drive off like that. I've left a note in the past and because it was an older car they called me to say thanks but they don't care.
I'm trying the touch up guys now due to a key that someone has introduced to the side of my car...

manyu
10-06-2011, 04:38 PM
deleted..

K1W1
10-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Now, im going to take this car back to skoda and get it assesd by them and give her the most expensive quote.

Karma is a bitch.

Maybe you should consider your own advice.

manyu
10-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Maybe you should consider your own advice.

I was joking on that part. I can't actually give them quotes, since its her insurance we are going through, they will get quotes and fix it for me.

johnw
10-06-2011, 10:49 PM
I am very glad you managed to find the culprit. I absolutely hate hit'n'run and touch parkers, that's why I always look for eliminator spots to park in [ie spots where other people are less likely to touch you, like between two poles :P ]

Makes me want to get one of these and turn it on when parked. :rolleyes:

HD 720P PORTABLE CAR DVR 2.5" LCD SECURITY RECORDER | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HD-720P-PORTABLE-CAR-DVR-2-5-LCD-SECURITY-RECORDER-/270748464955?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f09ddb73b#ht_2927wt_877)

Chidge
10-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Good to hear that you found the person who hit you. Worst thing in the world when people do that. No respect.

manyu
11-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Absolute disrespect. The insurance assessor should be here on Tuesday, I hope he doesn't do any dodgy job.

BlackSuperb
11-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Good news. Probably a couple of lessons here for all of us.

1. Karma is a good (and bad) thing,
2. Be nice to your local baker.

The_Hawk
11-06-2011, 10:40 AM
I am very glad you managed to find the culprit. I absolutely hate hit'n'run and touch parkers, that's why I always look for eliminator spots to park in [ie spots where other people are less likely to touch you, like between two poles :P ]

Makes me want to get one of these and turn it on when parked. :rolleyes:

HD 720P PORTABLE CAR DVR 2.5" LCD SECURITY RECORDER | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HD-720P-PORTABLE-CAR-DVR-2-5-LCD-SECURITY-RECORDER-/270748464955?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f09ddb73b#ht_2927wt_877)

That looks like a pretty awesome (and cheap) little recorder .... could make for some great cruise video's or stop motion of a trip you take... might be worth looking into :)

theduckster
12-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Great news, manyu!

Still a little disappointing to hear how she acted when you did confront her. Not really surprised by your decision to go and get a more expensive quote. I would have to admit that I would probably do the same thing.

K1W1
16-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Sounds to me like you have spent way more time and effort on this than it's worth. I know that there is a principle involved but the reality is that from what you have said there is not even enough damage to cover the insurance excess so it's probably time to just wish that she suffers having two flat tyres at a time several times over the next couple of months and simply getting on with the repair and life. All you are doing at the moment is raising your blood pressure and writing obscene words on what is supposed to be a family friendly forum.

Jake02
16-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Sounds to me like you have spent way more time and effort on this than it's worth.

For once I agree and finally someone said it. Fair enough to get angry at someone for doing that to your Superb, but I think the swearing is a bit over the top. Hopefully you didn't act like that Manyu in person, because that could be partly the reason that her end has been so slack. I wish you good luck with your problem, but just be calm and collected. It'll all be sorted out soon :).

johnw
16-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Its easy to be calm and collected when it didn't happen to you :-) Easier said than done, otherwise the world would be perfect and there wouldn't be hitand runs. ;-)

Posted using Tapatalk

Transporter
16-06-2011, 06:42 PM
I have a dent in my rear 1/4 panel on my T5, only dent or scratch in 6 years old van. The worst thing is, it was done by my mother in law :facepalm: she wide opened rear door of our Touareg when we arrived from the trip and hit my T5 parked next to it. :(

I couldn't even swear. :mad:

Jake02
16-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Its easy to be calm and collected when it didn't happen to you :-) Easier said than done, otherwise the world would be perfect and there wouldn't be hitand runs. ;-)

It's happened to me before, but I didn't continue it to my friends on VWWatercooled now did I? ;)

docjames
16-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I'd be buying the baker a (insert preferred alcoholic beverage). Or rather a case / bottle of.

johnw
16-06-2011, 08:31 PM
It's happened to me before, but I didn't continue it to my friends on VWWatercooled now did I? ;)

Well that makes you a better man than us ;-)

Posted using Tapatalk

manyu
16-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Well firstly, my apologies. The anger was uncontrollable when the insurer rang me up and told me that she claims it wasn't her fault, I just had to vent it somewhere. Again, sorry.

As K1W1 said, I definitely am spending more time than required because it is to make them aware that what they did was wrong. As I mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread, if she left a note giving her details, I would have called are asked not to worry about it. The rage is now because of her arrogance when I approached her.

Once again, apologies for being rude.

Peace.

triode12
19-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Why aren't you going through your insurance and getting them to claim the damages with her insurance company?
Let your insurer deal with hers instead or them ****ing you around (that is what you've paid them for) plus I wouldn't risk her insurer paying for the repairs.

hooba
19-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Why aren't you going through your insurance and getting them to claim the damages with her insurance company?
Let your insurer deal with hers instead or them ****ing you around (that is what you've paid them for) plus I wouldn't risk her insurer paying for the repairs.

+1, nothing but more aggro waiting for you whilst dealing with their insurance company.

K1W1
19-06-2011, 06:28 PM

Because if you read through the thread you will see that the OP says that the repair cost is only a couple of hundred dollars. If he tries to claim his insurance company rep will roll around on the floor laughing then point out that the total damage is less than half most peoples excess.

triode12
19-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Because if you read through the thread you will see that the OP says that the repair cost is only a couple of hundred dollars. If he tries to claim his insurance company rep will roll around on the floor laughing then point out that the total damage is less than half most peoples excess.

That is if he went with the touch up paint route. But the insurance company will probably get the whole bumper bar painted which is more than the excess amount. Let his insurance company sort it out and I guarantee you that they will get it done regardless of cost.

hooba
19-06-2011, 07:12 PM
That is if he went with the touch up paint route. But the insurance company will probably get the whole bumper bar painted which is more than the excess amount. Let his insurance company sort it out and I guarantee you that they will get it done regardless of cost.

+1 (again, something strange is happening in the cosmos when you and I are finding each other so agreeable :D)

That hit won't be a couple of hundred bucks. There is a very good chance that the mounting brackets have broken, and that the repairer will find it more economical to replace and respray.

The OPs insurance company won't laugh, they will take his excess, repair the car properly so it is as good as new, and chase down the mongrel that caused the damage and get their insurance company to pay. The OP will take weeks and end up writing many letters if he tries to claim off the other party's insurance himself. Chasing down the at fault party is one good reason why you get full comprehensive insurance.

triode12
19-06-2011, 07:20 PM
+1 (again, something strange is happening in the cosmos when you and I are finding each other so agreeable :D)

That hit won't be a couple of hundred bucks. There is a very good chance that the mounting brackets have broken, and that the repairer will find it more economical to replace and respray.

The OPs insurance company won't laugh, they will take his excess, repair the car properly so it is as good as new, and chase down the mongrel that caused the damage and get their insurance company to pay. The OP will take weeks and end up writing many letters if he tries to claim off the other party's insurance himself. Chasing down the at fault party is one good reason why you get full comprehensive insurance.

The OP's insurance shouldn't charge him the excess since he isn't at fault (all costs will be borne by the person who hit him). There you go the Cosmos is fine. :)

BlackSuperb
19-06-2011, 07:52 PM
The OP's insurance shouldn't charge him the excess since he isn't at fault (all costs will be borne by the person who hit him). There you go the Cosmos is fine. :)

True, but you may have to pay the excess to get the claim started and then when the other party's insurer coughs up, you get reimbursed.

triode12
19-06-2011, 08:19 PM
True, but you may have to pay the excess to get the claim started and then when the other party's insurer coughs up, you get reimbursed.

I didn't have to with Allianz, perhaps it is different with other insurers.

woofy
20-06-2011, 10:44 AM
We had a friend crunch our front bumper and we were with RACV and they were with AAMI, we took it to the RACV repairer we wanted, and then RACV chased it up with AAMI, we paid nothing. You don't pay the excess normally when its the others fault.

I would say for sure they will pull the bumper off, probably find some underlying damage and I bet the bill ends up around the 2k or more mark. With these soft plastic bumpers you can get all kinds of damage hidden behind them and they will at the very least replace the bumper itself.

Richmond Skoda/Audis head mechanic guy used to work for VW and he said they once had a lady come in with a Passat whose sensor had fallen inside the bumper (which is why I was there, its happen twice to me now at the front corners) and when they went to pop it in, found that someone had hit her car without a mark on the outside but the inside was a mess and the sensor had popped in when it was hit.

manyu
29-06-2011, 07:59 PM
All this while I was trying to get the other insurance to pay up for the damage, then this happened.
I don’t know why, but I seem to have had a lot of bad luck this month. This was in peak hour traffic, I was sitting in traffic and this guy in a white triton ute hits me from the back and tries to do a runner on me. He obviously couldn’t get far away as the gentle man in a civic blocked his way. He got out, apologised and then gave me his details.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/06/up2-1.jpg

Jake02
29-06-2011, 08:21 PM
I think I just cried a little :(.

Makk
29-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Good on the Civic driver!
I'm very sorry to see the damage, hope it all goes smoothly getting repaired...

Gti Dave
30-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Bloody hell mate. You sure are having a bad time. Hope things work out for you. Why is it that on both occasions that people at fault doing runners? Gets you thinking about the morals of peeps these days eh? :mad:
Good on the baker and civic driver! This is going to sound like a complicated combined insurance claim.
My yellow RS recently had a whole splatter of stone chips on all the panels of the front end of my car from a roadworks truck overtaking me and hitting a bump and unloading a whole lot of rocks onto mine. Getting it assessed by the insurance company tomorrow so fingers crossed it all gets fixed. Windscreens scratched and chipped too :mad:

manyu
30-06-2011, 07:58 AM
I think I just cried a little :(.
I won't lie, I cried when it happened.

Good on the Civic driver!
I'm very sorry to see the damage, hope it all goes smoothly getting repaired...
I hope it does, can anyone recommend a good smash repairer for Skoda?

Bloody hell mate. You sure are having a bad time. Hope things work out for you. Why is it that on both occasions that people at fault doing runners? Gets you thinking about the morals of peeps these days eh? :mad:
Good on the baker and civic driver! This is going to sound like a complicated combined insurance claim.
My yellow RS recently had a whole splatter of stone chips on all the panels of the front end of my car from a roadworks truck overtaking me and hitting a bump and unloading a whole lot of rocks onto mine. Getting it assessed by the insurance company tomorrow so fingers crossed it all gets fixed. Windscreens scratched and chipped too :mad:
Sure isn't a good time for me to be driving. I just don't get it why the triton was trying to make a runner though, he has full comprehensive insurance on it :L And its not a car park incident where the owner didn't notice so Im going to chuck a runner.

woofy
30-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Because, he would still have to pay the excess, and his premiums will go up. Different insurers have different definitions BTW about rating 1 for life etc. RACV increased our premiums as a friend hit our car. Their insurance covered everything and the only involvement RACV (which is NRMA) had was that we informed them what had happened and that it had been repaired by AAMI. Next renewal and we had a big hike, they said even though we were rating one, we still lost some bonuses due to an accident.

So we moved to AAMI who had no such thing. Having said that my Skoda is with RACV as AAMI charge more if you use your car for work.

VAG newbie
30-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I just don't get it why the triton was trying to make a runner though, he has full comprehensive insurance on it :L And its not a car park incident where the owner didn't notice so Im going to chuck a runner.

Man, I really feel sorry for you, consider I have such a passion for the Superb and am in the process of getting one myself. I would hate to see anyone who would do it to my car!

I wonder if you actually live in Sydney? I was originally from Sydney, after living there for 17 years and got so sick of the traffic, I decided to move up to Brisbane. I have to say, in Sydney people become mean! No offense, because myself included. This is because the stress level in Sydney is so high that everyone tend to lose their mind a bit and do things that doesn't make sense.

After 5 years away from Sydney, I went back last year to see the AIMS. I couldn't believe how bad the traffic has become. No one will ever give way if you need to change lane, despite you had indicator on for ages. I even try to wave my hand to let them know I need to change lane (Not to cut off others, but I have to make a left turn so I need to go to the outer lane), all I got was a louder horn!

Once I went to fish market, holding my son trying to get some food. After lining up for 20-30 minutes, there was this guy who just pushed in. I was not polite and pointed out that I've been waiting for the last 20-30 minute, rather than an apology, he just said "it's OK, mate!" If I wasn't holding my son I would have punched him:mad:

The whole week in Sydney I got so stressed that my temper became so short. I yelled at the kids a lot more! Even they were so shocked how did their dad got so mean!

Well, as soon as I come back to Brisbane, things got a lot better. Of course, i am sure there will be some mean person here too. But I believe with the much relaxed lifestyle here, maybe we have a bit less of them.

Hope all things work out for you.

dArK5HaD0w
30-06-2011, 01:16 PM
I won't lie, I cried when it happened.

mate, i'll give u a shoulder to cry on!!

that is so unlucky, and not to mention the last thing u want to happen!!!

manyu
30-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Man, I really feel sorry for you, consider I have such a passion for the Superb and am in the process of getting one myself. I would hate to see anyone who would do it to my car!
Well I guess stress is a factor, but tell me who tries to run away from a crash scene during peak hour traffic?! Oh, yeah I do live in Sydney [NSW - plates ;)] But yeah, the only time I didn't let a car into my lane is because he was being a prick on the road changing lanes without indicating and speeding. I thought he didn't deserve to be given way. But other than that, even though I'm a P-plater I let people in if I see that they NEED to change.

mate, i'll give u a shoulder to cry on!!

that is so unlucky, and not to mention the last thing u want to happen!!!

It definitely was the last thing I wanted to happen to me. Not very long ago, I crashed my brothers **** box. It wasn't totalled, but I feel guilty and this couldn't have come at a worse time :L

bobski
01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Bad luck Manyu :( Hope thats the last of your problems with the superb!

Some people panic I spose, maybe he panicked for a second before he come to his senses.

As for sydney traffic. Faaaark - its terrible and I find its the ****/inconsiderate drivers that make everyone stressed. Glad I live out west near a trainline.

theduckster
02-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Ouuchh

I hope that is the end of your bad luck streak Manyu!

Any word on how long your baby is going to be off the road for?

manyu
25-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Ouuchh

I hope that is the end of your bad luck streak Manyu!

Any word on how long your baby is going to be off the road for?

Update as of today on the car:

For the past 2 and a bit weeks the car has been at the panel beaters, not sure if its done yet by today. Until then we are stuck with a POS corolla loan car. From what the insurance assessor told us, all parts are being replaced with brand new ones. Even the rear windscreen, twin boot system, new parking sensors etc.

Was happy with that, but not with the time its taking them to put it on. :/

methodrex
25-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Update as of today on the car:

For the past 2 and a bit weeks the car has been at the panel beaters, not sure if its done yet by today. Until then we are stuck with a POS corolla loan car. From what the insurance assessor told us, all parts are being replaced with brand new ones. Even the rear windscreen, twin boot system, new parking sensors etc.

Was happy with that, but not with the time its taking them to put it on. :/

Hi all, I just bought a Superb Wagon TDI, it was in a accident and only 2 weeks old,. I was told by repairer it would take 3-4 weeks just to get parts due to ash cloud and Tsunami. Manyu did you have problems getting parts?

manyu
25-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Hi all, I just bought a Superb Wagon TDI, it was in a accident and only 2 weeks old,. I was told by repairer it would take 3-4 weeks just to get parts due to ash cloud and Tsunami. Manyu did you have problems getting parts?

The car has been at the beaters for 3 weeks now, I've been told that they were waiting on the mounting brackets for the parking sensors. It did take a while compared to our camry, which was returned back to us 4 days after the crash, very similar hit.

BlackSuperb
25-07-2011, 11:36 PM
My Superb was delivered with a cracked dashboard aircon vent. Took 6 weeks for the part to arrive. That got me wondering about other spares and their availability. Hope your parts arrive sooner.

VAG newbie
26-07-2011, 12:07 AM
That's the problem with imported cars. I've owned lot's of Japanese cars and I can tell you it ain't any sooner.....

aware
26-07-2011, 02:48 PM
That's the problem with imported cars. I've owned lot's of Japanese cars and I can tell you it ain't any sooner.....

Must have been unlucky - the one time we've needed parts for our car took 2.5 weeks from Japan - and that was over Christmas/NY! (Wouldn't have needed the parts if the service department didn't screw up though....)

Interesting to read about the wait times for parts. Some have longer waiting times than others, I guess it's just luck of the draw..

dec76
26-07-2011, 03:46 PM
My Superb Wagon has been at the panel shop for four weeks now. It coped damage on the Drivers side D pillar from a truck passing by and cargo falling off. The roof rail sustained damage too and this is the hold up. They have have ordered 2 roof rails and both have been
damaged when arrived at panel place, including the second one taking 3 weeks to come from France. Pissed off as VAG OZ will not come to the party with car hire or anything, seriously thinking of not replacing car with VAG group next time around.

Illy
26-07-2011, 07:03 PM
My Superb Wagon has been at the panel shop for four weeks now. It coped damage on the Drivers side D pillar from a truck passing by and cargo falling off. The roof rail sustained damage too and this is the hold up. They have have ordered 2 roof rails and both have been
damaged when arrived at panel place, including the second one taking 3 weeks to come from France. Pissed off as VAG OZ will not come to the party with car hire or anything, seriously thinking of not replacing car with VAG group next time around.

Why would they give you car hire if you had an accident? Shouldn't the panel shop give you an option to hire a car?

dec76
26-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Seeing they could not provide the part of two occasions,this is VAG issue not the repairer or insurance company.
Why should a repair agent have to supply a car and why should i have to pay due to their inability to supply parts?

Why would they give you car hire if you had an accident? Shouldn't the panel shop give you an option to hire a car?

woofy
26-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Regardless of VAG, its the insurers issue whether parts take ages or not.

Not sure why people have found Jap cars hard to get parts for, my workmates Mazda 6 was repaired really quickly with a new panel and rear bumper..and our entire front was replaced in under a week from the accident with our Mazda 323.

Ford/Mazda parts come in on airfreight most times.

methodrex
26-07-2011, 10:17 PM

depends on your insurance policy, I'm with Lumley's and they have 30 day hire car option. Got given an Ford XR6. Although the accident wasn't my fault...

theduckster
27-07-2011, 08:55 PM
The car has been at the beaters for 3 weeks now, I've been told that they were waiting on the mounting brackets for the parking sensors. It did take a while compared to our camry, which was returned back to us 4 days after the crash, very similar hit.

It's good to hear that at least they are replacing everything with new parts. A shame about the time it's taking to get it done though. Hopefully you and your Superb are back on the road real soon.

manyu
28-07-2011, 08:10 PM
It's good to hear that at least they are replacing everything with new parts. A shame about the time it's taking to get it done though. Hopefully you and your Superb are back on the road real soon.

My rant on another forum titled: Rant over parts for rare cars and idiots that don't know how to fix them.

A while ago, some genius in a Mitsubishi Triton ute somehow missed seeing our car sitting behind traffic and ran into me at around 70kmph. Pretty bad impact and to add to that he even tried to chuck a runner. I told ya' he was a genius. Anyway, got all the insurance sorted out and gave the car in to get fixed. Speaking to the owner of the shop, he seemed to know nothing about the car, but I had no option but to give it in to him as he was recommended by the insurance. While handing it over to him, I specifically mentioned that the car was a lift-back + sedan. (VAG Twin boot system - Google it).

After the assessing was done, I was told all the damaged parts would be replaced with brand new ones, I was pretty happy. Fast forward three weeks without the car, i call the shop up to be told that they are waiting for parking sensor brackets. Does it really take more than 3 weeks to get a small courier? and then the next day I receive a call saying our car will be ready for pick up tomorrow afternoon. Pretty happy.

Today arvo at 4 PM, went around to the shop, car has been detailed and all. Body work and everything else fine... except for the lift-back. I was very annoyed, he ignored what I told him and proceeded to tell me that it was working when he checked it. Because I've had enough enough with him, and also because I was craving to have the car back. I just told him that I'll be bringing the car back after I sort out the insurance and just drive off.

Yep, that is where we are now.

gldgti
29-07-2011, 03:31 PM
tsk. Im posting this after I've had my go at the ****. Yes, I found her. I to my girlfriends house and waved at the baker, he hurriedly called me in. I went in and he told me that he was suspicious about the car that was parked opposite to mine. He said the last time she was doing a youie when she hit my car. I waited, she came back, and was making another youie. I noticed the paint missing from her bumper. I ran up to her, knocked on the window and asked her to park again in a very polite way. She got out and started yelling at me for being "rude" I ask her how she got that mark on her bumper and she tell me its none of my business. The bakery owner comes out and starts yelling at the woman and that he saw it happen. Her ~16YO daughter was crying by this time....

I raged at her, asked her for her details. She refused to give me her details, I called the cops, they came and sorted out the matter. Massive props to the bakery owner.

Now, im going to take this car back to skoda and get it assesd by them and give her the most expensive quote. The cops even got her for making an Illegal U-turn.

YAAAAAY.

Karma is a bitch.

Just saw this - result!

manyu
29-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Just saw this - result!

umm? Don't get it. If you implied the karma is a bitch quote, I gave up on the Asian lady. I even got that fixed while I was at it though, but out of my pocket that was.

gldgti
29-07-2011, 06:25 PM
only that the baker found them for you.... as to all your other shenannigans - well i'm keeping away from you, you seem to attract bad luck. :-(