103TDI to be launched in August

Ambition 103TDI Sedan $38,990 Wagon $40,990
Ambition 103TDI 4X4 Sedan $41,990 Wagon $43,990
Elegance 103TDI 4x4 $48,490 Wagon $50,490

Discontinued Model
Superb Ambition 125TDI

bobski
03-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Is there still a 125TDI in the range? Would seem odd to only have a less powerful diesel in their largest car.

woofy
04-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Well from reading the above, the elegance still has it.

BlackSuperb
04-06-2011, 08:06 AM
103TDI 4x4? Does that sound a bit underpowered?

woofy
04-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Well it works for the scout and yeti, and with diesel torque it might not notice the superbs extra weight much.

wfdTamar
04-06-2011, 10:12 AM
For that kind of money I'd be expecting the extra oomph of the 125TDI engine, at least in the Elegance spec.

spaz74
04-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Pity to see storm blue go. I am really enjoying the colour :cool:

Jake02
04-06-2011, 10:50 AM
I must admit I was surprised that they decided to make the 103TDI in the Elegance spec - I thought they'd bring in the 103TDI as part of a Classic or similarly named spec without Bolero, folding mirrors, corner foglamps and heated front seats to lower the base price. Then I read the above and thought that the Ambition 125TDI no longer exists and wondered why the same engines are in different specs (I thought it'd make sense to have Ambition 103TDI/118TSI, Elegance 147TSI/125TDI and Elegance 4x4 103TDI/191FSI) but now it seems they haven't changed the engines at all, rather added a 103TDI base Ambition and Ambition/Elegance 4x4.

Skoda don't do what you did with the first Octavia's that came here (1.9TDI base, 1.8TSI manual/2.0FSI auto and 2.0TDI mid, then 2.0T FSI manual-only RS, but then 1.9TDI and 2.0TDI 4x4 models too - way too confusing!). On a positive note I got an letter from Matt Lawson who sold us our RS at Steve Jarvin Skoda and he's now at North Shore Skoda and confirmed that Yeti's will start at $28,690, Fabia's at $18,990 and Roomster's in the early $20k range - yes we found that out the other day but it's more plausible as there's another source. It's great to see Matt back at Skoda because he was such an excellent person to talk and deal with!

jbviajero
04-06-2011, 12:55 PM
They are starting to get a litting confusing model line ups. I agree it is a little strange to do the 103tdi in 4x4 but not the 125tdi. On the plus side, it is good to see bluetooth is finally becoming standard, at least on the Superb model. I'm starting to see more superbs now too.

Illy
04-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Are these drive away prices?

theduckster
05-06-2011, 03:46 AM
Are these drive away prices?

I wouldn't think so as Dealer Bulletins usually don't work out prices for what the price would be in each state. They would be the price before on-road costs.

woofy
06-06-2011, 01:58 PM
I would wonder whether the 125TDi might not be so happy paired with the 4 x 4, maybe the torque is too high. Easy enough to say if there are other VAG cars about with that combo.

VAG newbie
26-06-2011, 09:33 PM
The new brochure is out online at Skoda's website.

Couple of disappointment. Front parking sensor remain optional for the sedan, and Rosso Brunello no longer available!! It seems there is no change at all compare with MY11, except the color choice gotten worse. (why do they bother to keep amythist purple?)

I was gonna get the Rosso Brunello, one step too late....

CanberravRS
27-06-2011, 04:12 PM
I am happy about the removal of storm blue. As it makes my v6 Storm blue wagon rare.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Parkesy
27-06-2011, 04:57 PM
They keep Amethyst Purple to please people like me - who's V6 Estate arrives in a few weeks :P

woofy
30-06-2011, 09:59 PM
The 103 diesel is showing up there as well. Same price as the 118TSI.

PassatB6
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM
103TDI 4x4? Does that sound a bit underpowered?

Relative overseas has that setup. Seems to work fine.

VAG newbie
01-07-2011, 08:59 PM
Getting more and more confusing now. Looks like the brochure online is on MY11, no mention of the 103TDI.

Went to dealer today, he has no idea of MY12! He hasn't even heard of Lava Blue. The brochure he has is the old one. He even said there is no change with the MY12

K1W1
01-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Went to dealer today, he has no idea of MY12! He hasn't even heard of Lava Blue. The brochure he has is the old one. He even said there is no change with the MY12

Get used to it. It seems from what I have read here over the last 18 months that the average Skoda dealer knows more about Ladas than they do about what is happening with Skoda in Australia.

woofy
01-07-2011, 11:59 PM
The 103 TDi price as you'll see above, has been on the web for days so if the dealers don't even know that price something is wrong. I'd expect most in Melb should as Skoda will be on show as of tonight in a big way here. Bad timing for Preston to be shutting down.....

theduckster
02-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Dealer pricing was sent out a week ago so the dealers should be able to give a idea on price. No word on an official launch date as of yet for the 103TDI and no word on updated brochures for the MY12 brochures. At the moment the only Australian source for detail is the Skoda website. Hopefully after the motor show more details will start to flow through on all the new models.

VAG newbie
05-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Just put the order in today. It is official now that Rosso Brunello is discontinued So is storm blue, Amazonian green and mocca brown. The new color they replaced, lava blue and whatever green are a lot brighter and flashier than the storm blue and amzonian green respectively.

This is disaster! Superb is a formal, limousine like car, which IMO should go with the darker formal colors like all the ones they discontinue! Not replacing them with some funky color that suits smaller cars or sports cars. Even the dealer manager was concerned how will Skoda sell those colors!! (well, that only my opinion, no offense to anyone who likes bright color)

Anyway, at least black is still available and that is the one I ticked (the only one I can tick, I won't get silver/grey under any circumstances)

At least I get front parking sensors and Bluetooth!

Those of you who got the discontinued colors, I envy you....

BlackSuperb
05-07-2011, 10:42 PM
You'll enjoy black. And you'll enjoy cleaning it, and cleaning it and cleaning it......

But it's worth it!

VAG newbie
06-07-2011, 02:34 PM
You'll enjoy black. And you'll enjoy cleaning it, and cleaning it and cleaning it......

But it's worth it!

I know all black cars needs to have regular cleaning to stay shiny. But all colors are the same. My wife's old Honda Odyssey was in "antique bronze" color (which looked more dark grey to me), it looked awful when not cleaned. I just didn't have to motivation to clean an Odyssey. But I'm sure with a Superb....:cool:

And I got beige interior with beige floor:eek:, I really will enjoy cleaning it, and cleaning it, and cleaning it.........

I already got the smile in my face even though my car is still 6 months away!

theduckster
06-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Those of you who got the discontinued colors, I envy you....

It turns out I only got my Storm Blue one with only a few days to spare. I placed my order on the 10th of February and if I waited until the 13th or later I would have missed out. With the colors that have been discontinued I think that black would now be my number one choice.

The Beige interior looks very nice. I was going to go with Beige but then I thought I would have a bugger of a time trying to keep it clean so I wimped out and got black lol. I was talking with the Service Manager a few days ago and people with the Beige interiors are ordering the black carpet mats for the black on beige look. Every time I try to picture it I think why the hell would you do that lol.

VAG newbie
22-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Just discovered from Briskoda. The reason Skoda discontinued Rosso Brunello and all those good color is due to the tsunami in Japan! Apparently it's to do with a color pigment that was manufactured by the factory in the region affected. Obviously they have to source this pigment somewhere else (most likely Korea), so the quality of these new color will look more Hyundai than Lexus.

That explain the reason for these odd new color.

Darn!! This tsunami really affect my purchasing! First I crashed my contract with the Passat because of no RVC from Japan. Now I can't get my first choice color with the Superb because of the tsunami again!

Lucky they still have black. If even black is out, I don't know what else would I choose.

Well, perhaps when the factory in Japan is back online, RB will be available again when my lease is due next time in 2015! Here's hope.