PDA

View Full Version : Rear tick/knock

qsilverza
07-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Hi,

(I think the problem is just the exhauast.)

Just got my V6 4motion. It was checked out by RACV and my mechanic. Only things the found were a seal on the rear drive shaft and the front cv joint which has been fixed up from my knowledge.

When going over a large bump at slow speeds I get a tick/knock noise coming from the rear of the car for about 10 seconds after going over it.

P.S.

How do you tell what sort of alarm you have ? I.E. If it is motion sensing,ultra sound etc etc

Thanks !
QS

sim2002
07-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi,

ive got a V6 bora also and was having similar noise (not lasting as long) but put it down to fuel pump was playing up (didnt actually do anything to correct but after few full fuel tanks went away??)

qsilverza
07-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Yep, these bumps are huge so might have something to do with how long it lasts...

On normal bumps, its barely there.

Another thing that is a minor annoyance is the clutch pedal will sometimes stick just after the friction point. Any idea what's causing that ?

Took it out for a bit of a fanging at Yarra Blvd and man am I in love :)

I love the distro block on the battery, it's very cool :)

Interesting, they dont have "follow me home" lights ? :)

qsilverza
09-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Ok, the clutch is sticking a fair bit.

I think it might be a slave cylinder ? Anyone know how difficult these are to replace ? How much one costs ?

Anyone had this problem and solved via adjustment ?

qsilverza
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
The tick/knock is the following taken from VWVortex forums...

It is the exhaust that vibrates because of getting cold on one side and banging to the other side and then banging back (left-right-left-right). It's a known problem with some of the haldex cars, here in sweden we get stronger rubber mountings for the exhaust when complaining. Havn't heard it since.

Thanks to DanielT on Vwvortex.

The official link is http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=802378

I posted my issue with the clutch on VWVortex and for anyone that wants to follow here is the link...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3279983

QS