PDA

View Full Version : T4 Acceleration problem

VWStuey
06-06-2007, 11:56 PM
Hi,
I have a 99 T4 caravelle which has recently devopled a dodgy speedo reading where the speedo will just hunt all over the place. (failed speed sensor maybe?)

However something much more annoying is that withing the last couple of days it will now not rev out past 2500rpm. is this a related problem? Has anybody else had this issue.

Stuart

brackie
07-06-2007, 06:54 AM
Welcome mate. Please put your location into your profile as this will help others to help you. City or centre will do. ;)

phaeton
07-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Welcome Stuart to VWwA :D

I'm sure the T4 or Tech experts will post soon ;)

Seano
07-06-2007, 09:22 AM
Stuart.......first drama is what engine do you have? Petrol or diesel? I'm assuming a 2L petrol for some reason...

Regarding your problem, the two symptoms could be related depending on how sophisticated the ECU is....however, as a starting suggestion try disconnecting the air mass flow meter (which you'll find on the air intake between the air filter and the inlet manifold) - all you need to do is unplug the harness from it. Then go out and have a drive. If it performs differently then you have found the problem.

Remove the sensor form the intake and give it a clean and try again -if that doesn't work then bin it and get another one.

Volksfolks
07-06-2007, 10:20 AM
no no no no, 2.5 petrol! its your fuel pressure regulator, its a small round silver thinggy on the end of your injector rail, LHS of the motor, i had the exact same problem, air mass was changed, anf the engine temp sensor was also changed the bingo i found the press reg the culprik, let us know how you get on but i am 99.9% sure its this, heres a piccie

http://www.mrturbo.co.za/regulator1.jpg

Andy