PDA

View Full Version : Model Discrepencies

Ozsko
16-05-2011, 11:38 PM
Following on from the headlight thread I started and the debate about the headlights I looked further into what my car is fitted with against the current brochure Skoda has on line.

My car is an Ambition sedan built 09 and is ex Skoda drive fleet. The only thing I can see it is missing that an Elegance has is the Columbus radio, sat nav & blue tooth (was that standard in an Elegance?). I wonder if my car was very well optioned or did Skoda change the build specification when they realised that there was not enough difference between the two models? Has anyone got an early Ambition that can comment on the equipment levels? The leather was fitted at sale time as part of the deal so it did originally have cloth seats BTW.

K1W1
17-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Skoda seem to often fiddle with the specs, what is in the brochure is only a guide and it says that in the fine print somewhere. With your car being a Skoda fleet vehicle it is likely to have been fairly well optioned anyway.
Overall I wouldn't waster time worrying about it. Your vehicle is your vehicle and what it has can't be changed so why not just drive and enjoy.

Ozsko
17-05-2011, 10:32 AM
It doesn't concern me, I am just curious as to how other vehicles compare. Also if I was buying another car I would want some assurance of what was going to be in it. Another point would be if an Ambition in Oz was equipped the same as mine why buy an Elegance? I have actually looked at the options codes and they don't resemble the car in any great detail either in a lot of respects.

Jake02
17-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Another point would be if an Ambition in Oz was equipped the same as mine why buy an Elegance?

Because it'd most likely cost a lot more and you still wouldn't get heated rear seats or rear cupholders. On price, Elegance models are $6k more than Ambition models, but in two options (sat-nav and leather - almost $3k each) the spec/price difference is made up, let alone xenon headlamps ($2k), 10-speaker audio ($1.5k), electric driver's seat with memory ($1.5k) - and stuff you can't get like the electric passengers seat and the 17-inch alloys. So yes, there's more than a little bit of difference between them.

woofy
17-05-2011, 10:36 PM
OZsko, Skoda do fiddle with specs, but the divide got even bigger with the addition of the Columbus standard this year.

I think yours was definitely optioned up and most of the first lots were as there weren't many around. The main point of differentiation was the Xenons, leather/electric drivers seat, and the little odd things as Jake mentioned. Now you get the better headunit and some other bits and bobs. I honestly haven't seen a demo Superb that didn;t have any options yet as the dealers want to show off those.

Ozsko
17-05-2011, 11:13 PM
I was looking at changing over to an Elegance wagon a while ago and got some quotes and could not justify a 25k changeover figure when all I got extra was a radio/sat nav and the wagon body. I just could not figure out what was going on so I looked at the brochure from Skoda's website and saw that my car had all the same stuff as an Elegance, rear heated seats, seat memory, rear cup holders, heated mirrors, bi xenons, hill hold everything except the radio. Now I kook at a brochure and see what an Ambition is supposed to have and if I were driving one I would think it was worth the coin. I was just hoping someone with an early Ambition might have a comparison comment concerning equipment levels. I am indeed a happy camper to see I bought more car than what I thought and I know the dealer had no idea of what he was selling. To him it was just an ambition as he had never sold one before.

Jake02
18-05-2011, 07:15 AM
To me it sounds like you got a very special Ambition indeed - good work :).

woofy
18-05-2011, 10:24 AM
I looked at them when they were new and you definitely got a specced up one. The divide has only gotten bigger, but like I said a lot of initial cars were optioned up as there were so few of them, I'd be happy if I were you, they are a long wait now and they aren't bargaining as hard with them as they have had rave reviews.

My only concern is the DSG I'd prefer the manual versions to avoid potential DSG issues later on. I do love manuals as well.

Ozsko
18-05-2011, 09:21 PM
I looked at them when they were new and you definitely got a specced up one. The divide has only gotten bigger, but like I said a lot of initial cars were optioned up as there were so few of them, I'd be happy if I were you, they are a long wait now and they aren't bargaining as hard with them as they have had rave reviews.

This gets better, I just looked under the passenger seat and it has got the upgraded sound system in it. I think I will buy a lottery ticket, I've never been this lucky, pity it isn't a wagon.