PDA

View Full Version : wiring up cold start,warm up reg temp and fuel pump k jet sys

sydneymk1
04-06-2007, 09:03 PM
16 valve engine have 8v k jet fuel head 16v warm up reg.

think i have to wire from ignition switched power source straight to warm up reg and to earth

fuel pump the same ign swithed to pump to earth

not sure about cold start the 8v it came off had power coming off the starter motor runnung through the temp sensor to the cold start see what they were doing but the temp sensor has 33ohms resistance so only little voltage would get to the cold start dont thik that would work

syncro
04-06-2007, 09:16 PM
fuel pump the same ign swithed to pump to earth

Do not wire without a fuel pump relay or other safety device.
I have seen a few K-Jets go up in flames.

sydneymk1
04-06-2007, 09:35 PM
this is a conversion where is the best place to get a power out for the fuel pump relay? i heard you can use the red yellow wire off the factory ign module and this one is free haven't checked it has power yet waiting for answer on above thread.

Should i use a roll over cut out relay? and what amp fuse?

any ideas on wiring of cold start warm up ect

Golf Loon
04-06-2007, 09:36 PM
The power to the coldstart needs to be pulsed from the fuel pump relay. It is live on startup and then fades away.

Car will not run to its best with an 8v metering head, the cones are different shapes.

What fusebox are you running and how is your fuel pump relay wired??

Golf Loon
04-06-2007, 10:55 PM
OK, the power going from the ign switch ( 50) to the starter solenoid (50) has a take off, going to the cold start valve, and in parallel to the thermo time switch. ( shown as red with black trace ), this allows power to warm up the thermo time switch bi metallic strip,

The other side of the cold start valve goes to earth via the thermo time switch..ie when the time switch has sufficiently warmed up, then it breaks the earth flow for the cold start valve.. ( from memory something like 5 or 8 seconds..)

Borrowed from the archive. Thanks roccodingo.

sydneymk1
10-06-2007, 08:26 PM
its called autosolve

http://www.auto-solve.com/mech_inj.htm

had all the details i needed

thanks for the responce guys

now i have spark and fuel to the fuel distributor but not to the top side of the metering head only good pressure to the bottom side will f**k with it tomorrow

Golf Loon
10-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Lift the flap by hand to see if you get fuel to the top.

If it works manually, you have vacuum leaks.

If not, maybe the pin is jammed, especially if it has been sitting around.

Check injectors spray and that o rings are good.

Sounds like you are close.
:D

h100vw
11-06-2007, 09:18 AM
If you have pressure in the system and lift up the flap in the metering head you can hear the injectors squeak.

I have stuck a screwdriver under the edge of the flap in the past and then cranked the motor while opening the throttle slowly til the it catches. Things is that it won't usually catch if the timing is too far out.

Gavin