PDA

View Full Version : VGA 2008MY Changes: Polo, Golf (GT Sport, GTI & R32) New Beetle, Eos & Passat (R36)

angry shot
04-06-2007, 08:42 PM
VW Passenger Vehicle MY08 Changes

Polo

-The Polo Club 1.4 litre automatic model will now have 59kW of power and 130Nm of torque equaling the output of manual model.

-The Polo Club 1.4 litre 4 speed automatic has been replaced by a 6 speed automatic transmission.

- Both 1.4 and 1.6 litre models with 6 speed automatic transmissions are equipped with the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) as standard.

-The Polo Match 1.4 55kW automatic model has been discontinued.

MY08 Polo Range
Model Code Model Description Transmission Recommended Retail Price

-9N30M4/08 Polo Club 1.4 59kW 5 speed manual $16,990

-9N30M7/08 Polo Club 1.4 59kW 6 speed automatic (with ABS) $19,490

-9N30C4/08 Polo Match 1.6 77kW 5 speed manual $19,990

-9N30C7/08 Polo Match 1.6 77kW 6 speed automatic (with ABS) $22,490

-9N3024/08 Polo 1.9 TDI 74kW 5 speed manual $22,990

-9N36J4/08 Polo GTI 1.8T 110kW 5 speed manual $26,990

Golf
-All Golf models obtain in dash CD players with MP3 compatibility. Please be aware that this functionality is not available with the optional satellite navigation system.

-The Golf ‘shark fin’ antenna in conjunction with satellite navigation has been replaced by a rod antenna.

-Shadow Blue Metallic (ordering code P6P6) replaces New River Blue Metallic in the Golf Trendline and Comfortline model ranges.

-Blue Graphite Pearl Effect (ordering code W9W9) replaces Shadow Blue in the MY08

GT-Sport
-Introduction of new GT-Sport model with both 1.4 TSI and 2.0 TDI 125kW engines.

-The GT-Sport replaces both MY07 Sportline models and the limited release GT model.

-The specification of the Golf GT-Sport is based on the Golf GT with the followingchanges:

New grille surround in charcoal (formally body colour) and GT-Sport grille badge – image below.

The cloth seat trim has been modified. The cushion and backrest side bolsters are now covered in plain Anthracite trim and not the Red-Anthracite trim like the centre sections of the seat – illustrations below.

Golf GT-Sport 2.0 TDI Engine
4 cylinder inline turbo diesel (Pumpe-Duse) engine with diesel particulate filter
Maximum Power: kW @ rpm 125 @ 4200
Maximum Torque: Nm @ rpm 350 @ 1750 – 2500
Performance 0-100 km/h: 8.2 seconds

GT MY07 GT-Sport MY08

-1K1BT2/08 Golf GT-Sport 1.4 TSI 125kW 6 speed manual $34,990

-1K1BT3/08 Golf GT-Sport 1.4 TSI 125kW 6 speed DSG $37,290

-1K1B82/08 Golf GT-Sport 2.0 TDI 125kW 6 speed manual $37,490

-1K1B83/08 Golf GT-Sport 2.0 TDI 125kW 6 speed DSG $39,790

Golf GTI and R32
-For MY08 both Golf GTI and R32 models have been upgraded to the large format multi-function display ‘plus’.

Previously only offered with satellite navigation, the larger display offers increased functionality including audio and convenience menus - image right.

-The Golf R32 ‘Zolder’ 18” alloy wheel has been replaced by the ‘Omanyt’ 18” alloy wheel design – images below.

-Walnut wood decorative dashboard and door trim inserts (5MG) are no longer offered as an option for R32.

New Beetle
- The Metallic and Pearl Effect paint option for both New Beetle and New Beetle Cabriolet has been changed to a recommended retail price of $690 for MY08.

This represents a $245 retail price advantage for New Beetle Cabriolet customers and a marginal $40 increase for New Beetle Miami and TDI models.

-The New Beetle Cabriolet ‘Las Vegas’ 16” alloy wheel has been replaced by the ‘San Antonio’ 16” alloy wheel design – image below.

Jetta
-Shadow Blue Metallic has been replaced in the MY08 Jetta colour range by Platinum Grey Metallic, ordering code 2R2R – image below.

-For MY08 all Jetta models have also been upgraded to the large format multi-function display ‘plus’ as detailed above for Golf GTI and R32.

-An aluminium clasp has been added to the (6 O’clock position) spoke of the Jetta steering wheel.

-All Jetta models receive CD players with MP3 compatibility. Please be aware that this functionality is not available with the optional satellite navigation system.

Eos
-Samoa Red Pearl Effect (ordering code P3P3) replaces Paprika Red in the Eos model range.

Paprika Red can now no longer be forward ordered.

Samoa Red has been previously offered on the limited edition Multivan Sport – Samoa Red colour chip right.

-The Eos in dash CD changer is also now MP3 compatible.

-From MY08 the Eos is equiped with an ‘automatic kerb function’ which dips the passenger’s side door mirror when reversing.

-The diameter of the weight and space saving spare wheel has changed from an 18” to a 16” wheel.

-In addition to the Black/Beige Napa leather combination for the Eos Individual option, an alternative Black/Cinnamon (ordering code IM) 2 colour combination is also now available – image below. Black/Beige Napa Leather Black/Cinnamon Napa Leather

Passat
-Introduction of the 2.0 TDI 125kW Sedan and Wagon with the same retail pricing and specification of the 2.0T FSI models.

-The 2.0 TDI 103kW ‘Le Mans’ 17” alloy wheel has been replaced by the ‘Milwaukee’ 16” alloy wheel design – image below. As a result the recommended retail price of the Sedan and Wagon models has been revised to $42,490 and $44,490 respectively.

-The optional ‘Chicago’ 18” alloy wheels with sports suspension are available for $2,990 on MY08 2.0 TDI 103kW models (all other models $2,490).

-MP3 compatibility for the (in dash) CD changer including the Dynaudio system.

-Mocca Anthracite Pearl Effect (ordering code 3Q3Q) replaces Shadow Blue Metallic – image below.

-The 3.2 V6 FSI ‘Solitude’ 17” alloy wheel has been replaced by the ‘Monte Carlo’ 17” alloy wheel design – image below right.

-All Passat models optioned with electric front seats with memory now feature an ‘automatic kerb function’ which dips the passenger’s side door mirror when reversing.

-The standard decorative inserts in the dashboard and centre console have changed for MY08. The optional walnut wood and brushed aluminium combination is still available.

o MY08 Black cloth and leather – ‘Chrome matt’ finish.
o MY08 Beige leather – ‘Stainless steel’ finish.

MY08 Passat Model Range
-3C2146/08 Passat 2.0 TDI 103kW Sedan 6 speed DSG $42,490

-3C2176/08 Passat 2.0 TDI 125kW Sedan 6 speed DSG $44,990

-3C21K6/08 Passat 2.0T FSI 147kW Sedan 6 speed automatic $44,990

-3C21SQ/08 Passat 3.2 V6 FSI 184kW Sedan 6 speed DSG 4MOTION $54,990

-3C5146/08 Passat 2.0 TDI 103kW Wagon 6 speed DSG $44,490

-3C5176/08 Passat 2.0 TDI 125kW Wagon 6 speed DSG $46,990

-3C51K6/08 Passat 2.0T FSI 147kW Wagon 6 speed automatic $46,990

-3C51SQ/08 Passat 3.2 V6 FSI 184kW Wagon 6 speed DSG 4MOTION $56,990

‘Milwaukee’ 16”
‘Monte Carlo’ 17”

Volkswagen Passat R36
Please note: This information is indicative specification only and is subject to change.
Detailed features and technical data to be confirmed closer to launch.

Key Features

-Front, side (front & rear) and curtain airbags (8)

-ABS, EBD, ASR, Brake Assist and Electronic Stabilisation Program (ESP)

-6 speed Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG) with 4MOTION all wheel drive

-R36 specific sports suspension, lowered 20mm

-Ventilated disc brakes, front and rear with blue brake callipers

-18” alloy wheels (Omanyt) with 235/40 R18 tyres (5) and tyre pressure monitoring system

-Chrome radiator grille highlights and front lower air intake with black grille inserts

-Radiator grille surround in brushed aluminium finish

-Rear boot lid/roof spoiler and unique rear bumper with dual chrome exhaust tail pipes

-Widened side sill panels and wheel arch extensions

-Metallic or Pearl Effect paint finish

-Bi-xenon headlights with dynamic and static cornering lights

-R36 sports seats in ‘San Remo’ combination micro fibre and Vienna leather upholstery

-14-way electrically adjustable front seats with electro-pneumatic lumbar support and side bolster adjustment

-3 position memory for driver’s seat and door mirrors

-Heated front and outer rear seats

-3 spoke multi-function sports leather steering wheel with aluminium inserts and gearshift paddles

-Multi-function trip computer ‘plus’ and cruise control

-Brushed dark aluminium decorative inserts in dashboard and centre console

-Front and rear aluminium scuff plates with "R36" nameplate in front

-Anti-theft alarm system with interior monitoring

-Rain sensing windscreen wipers and automatic dimming rear-view mirror

-Dual zone climate control air conditioning

-Luggage cover, partition net and chrome roof rails (Wagon)

-Coming / leaving home with automatic headlight function

-Volkswagen Sound – 6 disc CD changer with MP3 compatibility and 250W amplifier with 10 speakers

-Parking distance sensors, front and rear

Technical Specifications
Engine 3.6 V6 FSI
Transmission 6 Speed Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG)
4MOTION all wheel drive
Max power 220kW (300hp)
Max torque 350Nm
Acceleration 0-100 km/h 5.6 Sedan 5.8 Wagon
Top Speed km/h 250 (electronically limited)

Optional Equipment

-Electric glass sunroof

-Dynaudio 600W premium audio system

-Satellite navigation system with 6 disc CD changer mounted in glove box

-Automatic opening and closing of the tailgate via remote or button on tailgate (Wagon)

rabbitoh
04-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Mixed feelings. I assume I am getting a 07 model (arrives in July). Like the Zolder wheels better but the highline display would have been sweet.

GTILover
04-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone, I'm originally from UK but moved to our beautiful country about five years ago.
I've been trying to make a decision on a new car and have come to the conclusion that I love the GTI to bits, but for economy an oil burner is the way to go. (What can I say, I'm a tight ass..) With a couple of minor mods I can get the power near the GTI, so shouldn't be too bad.
Just read this uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/volkswagen-golf-gt-tdi-4motion-1004619.html

on a site and wondered if a 4 motion Tdi could be coming?

Many thanks for a great forum and wealth of information you are all so eager to share.

vinderliker
05-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Couldn't find the piccies in the original post?

peedman
05-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Anyone know when the GT hits our shores? Interested to see what sorta mods come out of it too.

phaeton
05-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Welcome to VWwA Owen j:

Anyway cost has alot to do with why 4Motion is not on the normal Golf.
4Motion only appears on the R32 & Passat V6 ;)

I believe you can order 08MY from July so delivery pre 2008 if you buy early ;)
Check with your local dealer ;)

Good Luck

peedman -GT TSI is out now with Limited Availibility (400).

Couldn't find the piccies in the original post?

Thats due this being copied from PDF only text comes through.

brackie
05-06-2007, 04:56 PM
I was under the impression that common rail diesels would be replacing the PD units in '08 :???:

phaeton
05-06-2007, 05:01 PM
I think they will release next year for 09MY ;)

Only in new models eg 09MY Polo, Mk6 Golf & Tiguan etc

phaeton
07-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Passat R36 (cont)

Colour Combinations
EXTERIOR COLOUR
Biscay Blue
Pearl Effect
Deep Black
Pearl Effect
Reflex Silver
Metallic
United Grey
Metallic

INTERIOR TRIM
Black micro fibre / leather
Latte Macchiato micro fibre / leather

flightlessbird
30-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Who stole the pics

SOHC
01-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Hmmmm.... walnut wood decorative dashboard and door trim inserts for R32, WOT DA!:confused:

Ssom
02-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey guys, just come across Bens referral over at VASK.

Just thought I'd give you the heads up on a few changes to the VW NZ line, that I predict should somehow spill over into the Australian lineup.

While I am aware that EMD (NZ VW distributor) does not product-share with VWoA, the 2.0 FSI engine in the Golf and Jetta has been phased out for the 103 Kw TSI engine, as happened in the UK, so I'd imagine that the same will happen for Australia soon.

Also the GT Sport released here is a 103 Kw TDI with DSG FWD or manual 4MOTION, though if VWoA has confirmed the 125 Kw variant, then obviously their word should be taken over mine.

Also any idea of Passat R36 pricing in relation to the 3.2? My old man is almost dead cert putting his name down for one.

phaeton
02-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Hi Jarod (sp) Welcome to VWwA ;)

We have a mutual friend James (FOCUSTDCI) on FAF - CORDY_SXE here ;)

Rumours are R36 starting price will be around AUD $75k.

I find it interesting that you guys are getting TSI to replace the 2.0 Litres while we're still getting FSI could be due to packaging/pricing ??????

FYI GT Sport (TDI) in UK is available in 103kW and 125KW like the petrols.
(so you guys may still get 103kW).

EDIT I know some members would love the 4Motion option on lesser spec Golfs :D

Ssom
03-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Cheers for the welcome!

Audi also phased out the 2.0 FSI for the 1.8 TFSI in the A3, in fact the only car still using the NA 2.0 FSI is the Skoda Octavia. The only other VW to use the 2.0 FSI was the Touran, which has since been made TDI only.

Usually EMD (VW NZ distributor) is about 5-6 months ahead of VW Australia in new models (As happened with Golf GT/R32/Normal models, latest Passat, Eos etc) as I don't think they have to go through all the hoops that ADR's throw up. So my guess is that in the next few months there may be a phase out of the 2.0 FSI...

All of that is rough guesswork obviously .

We get quite a few 4MOTION cars offered here (Passat TDI, Golf GT and Sportline) aimed at Skiers/snowboarders, they're all manual only in TDI form, so it blunts thier mass-market appeal but I certainly approve of them!

phaeton
04-07-2007, 08:07 AM
You are very correct in your assumption VW is phasing out the FSIs ;)

Volkswagen Fuel & Powertrain Strategy (Brief Outlook)

1st part Diesel, Petrol (fossil) TDI & FSI

2nd part SynFuel (Gas to Liquids) Hybrid, TDI & TSI
Bioethanol

3rd part SunFuel renewable (Biomass to Liquids) CCS Combined Combustion System

4th part Hydrogen (renewable) Fuel Cell

Our ADRs suck lol :( and I'm jealous that you guys get all those 4Motion cars ::pokes tongue:: (would be great for country drivers here IMO).

turboveedubb
07-08-2007, 03:08 PM
G'day,
Anyone got a link to a pic of what a Jetta would look like in Platinum Grey?
I searched around and didn't get many hits. Is it the same as the Dolphin grey from Audi?

Cheers!

*edit*

I found an image on an LHD version.. american I assume since it's a 2.5L engine.
anyways, here's some pics of it.
http://xs318.xs.to/xs318/07322/03087424.jpg (http://xs.to)

http://xs318.xs.to/xs318/07322/03087424b.jpg (http://xs.to)

And here's a pic of the interior with the multi-function display 'plus' I'm assuming. Not exactly sure, I'm very new to the VW/JETTA world so please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://xs218.xs.to/xs218/07322/03087424a.jpg (http://xs.to)

phaeton
07-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Welcome to VWwA turboveedubb j:

Try the MkV section for more info and owner experiences ;)
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/forumdisplay.php?f=15

jayjay
02-04-2008, 04:47 PM
hmm.. in NSW, there's an umbrella ban for turbo and super chargers for P platers. maybe that's why VWoA wouldn't want to compromise their golf sales.. i mean, if you phase out the fsi, the only naturally aspirated golf is the r32 (not complaining :P). so you'll end up with buyers who are influence by P's only being able to choose between diesel or forced induction petrol...

only guesssing:S

jayjay
02-04-2008, 04:50 PM
i mean, i'm sure it's only the RTA (NSW road traffic authority) who introduce something so stupid.. like for instance, (this greatly affects me because i'm a p plater =[) i can legally drive an r32, but not a GT TSI.

sorry for the rant :P