PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a mag wheel repairer?

Zee - Golfie
04-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know where i can get a set of wheels repaired, as the back wheel hit a pot hole and has a dent on the inside.It is leaking air.

I just need someone to roll it out again and also preferably re-spray them.

Cheers:?

Mario
04-06-2007, 01:39 PM
hi zee... where are u... syd, melb....?.. i know a great place out near west hoxton (western sydney)..... i cant quite remember the address at the moment but i think he's just off 15th/17th ave.... at first i thought he might be a bit dodgy being a "backyard" repairer...(does his work from his farm)... but the result is top notch....UNBELIEVABLE!! ..i will definatley take my wheels there again!! and VERY reasonable prices......
let me know where you are and if you would like me to track down more details... it was about 3 yrs ago i got my mates wheels fixed (was run off the road into a gutter, bad scrapes, some deep..).. set me back about $120.00 to fix both wheels....
anyhow let me know.. mario.

DubSteve
04-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Magman at Punchbowl, can't remember the address though his really good!

Zee - Golfie
04-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks Guys

I am located out west, Campbelltown. if you can hooks me the number up, i would appreciate it?

DubSteve
04-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Zee all yours dude ;)

Address, 21 Moxon Road (Unit 2). Suburb, PUNCHBOWL. Postcode, 2196. State, NSW. Phone, (02) 9709-2686

I think he may change about $75 bucks not sure.

Mario
04-06-2007, 02:53 PM
ill have to track down the old paperwork.. give me a day or two.. mario

fuzion
04-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Neils Wheels might be closer to you?

theres another mob in minto as well but i cant remember the name

AGR Tyres
Bob Jane
Neils Wheels
Ozzy Tyres

most the big places will do the repair at about $70+ a wheel depending on how badly damaged and the finished look its in (eg. polished more expensive obviously)

rayray086
04-06-2007, 11:05 PM
OzWheels. Check out their website @ http://www.ozwheelaustralia.com.au/

They've changed location to St Marys though. Give the mobile listed a call if you're interested with dealing with them. Owner's name is Peter.

Quality of work is fantastic (did the lips of my previous 16" BBS wheels), but can be pricey! Good service too.

Zee - Golfie
08-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks Guys, appreciated

I am going to Magman the weekend, as the recommended i bring it in. Neils wheels, sounds a little to pricey quoted me over the phone $150

There is also someone else in Lansvale that said they would do it for $80.

Cheers
Zee

Golf Loon
10-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Find that paperwork Mario, I have heard tell of that guy in Austral and I think he can also redrill mags and widen wheels. I`d like to find him if so.

fuzion
11-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Find that paperwork Mario, I have heard tell of that guy in Austral and I think he can also redrill mags and widen wheels. I`d like to find him if so.

I can get wheels widened if anybody needs, good fabricator who has done plenty of them. Let me know if thats what ur after.

Other to mention apparently Virgin Wheels as well is quite good, commonly used by eastern suburb smash repairers for wheel repairs

BL33SU
11-06-2007, 11:53 AM
damn i got my first gutering last nite!!!
very slight only, but still hate it:mad:

DubSteve
11-06-2007, 11:57 AM
The first ones are the worst, I did mine in my Pulsar at Miranda Shopping Centre coming down the ramp took really slowly then SCRATCH!, followed by some colourful words to say the least.

Was not a happy boy that day.

fuzion
11-06-2007, 12:45 PM
The first ones are the worst, I did mine in my Pulsar at Miranda Shopping Centre coming down the ramp took really slowly then SCRATCH!, followed by some colourful words to say the least.

Was not a happy boy that day.

the day always seems to get really bad after that first scratch too .. argggh!

GermanwithaVdub
15-06-2007, 03:51 PM
with regards to fixing wheels, i think its best as a DIY job. but having sanded down and resprayed my own wheels, the time taken is directly proportional to the number of spokes. the wheels i did had 20 or more spokes each and it took a hell of a long time to sand them down. then when i did a set with 6 large spokes it took no time at all. cleaning and sanding properly is the key to success. will cost you 50 or so dollars to do all four. i would bet a lot of money that all these "wheel repairers" simply do what i described when they "repair" the scratches in your wheels. 3 coats of primer, 4 coats of paint and a couple of optional coats of clearcoat and you're set. can use engine enamel or wheel paint.

rayray086
15-06-2007, 07:58 PM
with regards to fixing wheels, i think its best as a DIY job. but having sanded down and resprayed my own wheels, the time taken is directly proportional to the number of spokes. the wheels i did had 20 or more spokes each and it took a hell of a long time to sand them down. then when i did a set with 6 large spokes it took no time at all. cleaning and sanding properly is the key to success. will cost you 50 or so dollars to do all four. i would bet a lot of money that all these "wheel repairers" simply do what i described when they "repair" the scratches in your wheels. 3 coats of primer, 4 coats of paint and a couple of optional coats of clearcoat and you're set. can use engine enamel or wheel paint.

I'm currently doing that with my stock 14's, but there is only so much that you could do. Bends and deep rashes cannot be solved by just merely sanding down.

GermanwithaVdub
15-06-2007, 08:50 PM
thats true... depends how hard you've hit the curb of course... but the primer fills in a lot of those deep gouges... true they may not come out perfect, but if theres a fresh coat of paint, theyr'e sure to not be very noticeable except for close up

GermanwithaVdub
15-06-2007, 09:03 PM
and of course bends and cracks will have to be done by someone with the tools/equipment

denilu
19-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Just had one of my GTI wheels with bad scrapes (hit gutter) repaired by Magman. He did a fantastic job. I thought price ($125) was good considering amount of damage. The wheel looks like new now!:D

turboveedubb
21-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi guys, I just gutter scraped my front left wheel today.... I'm so disappointed at myself for mis-judging the distance.

I know most of the posters are in Sydney, does anyone know of a good wheel repair place in Melbourne?

Thanks!

Mrk_Mickey
21-05-2009, 11:11 PM
There was a bloke who had a mk5 gti wheel repaired at some point last year i think, and i think he was even in melbourne....the job looked great and he said they were very recommended but for the life of me i don't know what the thread was called and where it was...sorry mate!!

try searching for wheel repair in the mk5 section and in the recommended parts and suppliers section.

ICEDIST
25-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Morton and May Wheel Repairs
2B EL Toro Estate
Homepride Ave
Warwick Farm NSW
Ph: 0296017000

Highly recommended.