PDA

View Full Version : Amarok parts and accessories

turdal44
04-05-2011, 11:52 AM
After 2 months on the market or there abouts still cant get tonneau cover also the tonneau cant be fitted with a sports bar so they tell me
:confused:

ntboozer
04-05-2011, 05:50 PM
After 2 months on the market or there abouts still cant get tonneau cover also the tonneau cant be fitted with a sports bar so they tell me
:confused:

Firstly what type of tonneau are you wanting?
Looking at the VW stuff I have here the soft tonneau can only be fitted to vehicles without sports bar, one piece hard tonneau can only be fitted to vehicles without sports bar and the three piece hard tonneau is designed to fit vehicle with sports bar.
If it's your dealer telling you that a soft tonneau (VW genuine) or one piece hard tonneau can't be fitted with sports bar then they are correct. If you want a soft tonneau and you have a sports bar then I'd be looking for a good auto trimmer in your location. If it's the hard tonneau you're after what's wrong with the three piece?
Cheers
nt

turdal44
05-05-2011, 09:05 AM
soft tonneau but apparently still around 2 months away i have an auto trimmer who can redesign the genuine one to suit sports bar. now i just have to wait for it to arrive

ntboozer
05-05-2011, 09:04 PM
So on another note can anyone tell me if the hard tonneau's are factory painted then sent to Aust as accessories ex Germany / Argentina or where ever or do they arrive in gel coat only and dealers have to get them painted?

jjr
08-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Hello I have ordered mine with both these things. can someone advise if the genuine soft tonneau fits with the rear cabin grid.

flyingfridge
09-05-2011, 09:45 AM
So on another note can anyone tell me if the hard tonneau's are factory painted then sent to Aust as accessories ex Germany / Argentina or where ever or do they arrive in gel coat only and dealers have to get them painted?

Volkswagen Genuine Hard Tonneaus are made by EGR in Brisbane and sent to the dealer pre painted. All we do is fit them.

soft tonneau but apparently still around 2 months away i have an auto trimmer who can redesign the genuine one to suit sports bar. now i just have to wait for it to arrive

There is a genuine soft tonneau cover in development for fitment with the sports bars. It will be similar in style to the one on the D40 Navara. There is no official timeline yet for when it will be available though.

winterwhite
04-06-2011, 03:18 PM
If anyone is interested TJM is doing Outback draws already and Blackwidow just released their draw system for the Amrok yesterday. Roughly the same price.

calibrated
06-06-2011, 09:59 PM
If anyone is interested TJM is doing Outback draws already and Blackwidow just released their draw system for the Amrok yesterday. Roughly the same price.

Proof?

not even 2 weeks ago Outback themselves told me they had no drawer setup ready for the Amarok as they still had no vehicle to create templates from.

Black Widow do not have the Amarok listed on their site (neither do Outback).

winterwhite
07-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Call TJM Nerang Gold Coast - speak to Craig. I got mine sitting there waiting to be fitted. I guesss you have to speak to the right people at Outback in Cairns where there made.
Black Widow Melbourne emailed me only two days ago stating they had developed draw system to suit an Amarok - I had my name on the email list with them but unfortunatly Outback got there first.
As you know websites usually are the last thing to be updated.

Umai Naa!!
07-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Agreed. Websites are usually about as up-to-date as a hardcopy Yellow Pages.