PDA

View Full Version : DSG? or Dud DSG?

Passat CC
03-05-2011, 10:40 PM
ADVICE PLEASE

Took my car back to my local VW workshop because of a clunking noise from the DSG. The clunking occurs when gearbox down gears when the car slows down, most noticeable when it gears down into 4th, 3rd, 2nd and finally when it come to a complete stop. This always happens doesnt matter wether in D, S or Tiptronic. This noise is fairly loud and can be heard from inside or outside the car. The car also feels jerky when it happens.

My local VW workshop is not very familiar with the Passat CC so they contacted VW Australia for advice after finding what they called knocking and clicking type noise when down shifting.

VW replied the following
"Do not attempt to fix. TPI2017197/6. Load changing noises (clanking) Golf, EOS, Golf Plus, Touran, Passat, Passat CC and Scirrocco with 77Kw, 103kw, 125kw TDI with DSG. Clanking noise is from the drivetrain at 30 - 80km engine speeds, 1200-2200 change from over run to acceleration. To ensure comfort at idle speed high quality trip mode drive shafts are used which have tolerances. At the transition from overrun to acceleration knocking noises in the drivetrain may occur. These clacking noises dont influence life of affected components"

WTF?

neil
04-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Can you take a dealer DSG for a test drive to compare and take the dealer with you.

Mine is now over 3 years, smooth as silk and not a sound from it.
Love my DSG.

guthrie
04-05-2011, 10:15 AM
VW replied the following
"At the transition from overrun to acceleration knocking noises in the drivetrain may occur. "

That quote doesn't match your symptoms. The problem you describe is during slowing down... not "from overrun to acceleration".

Whats you local VW dealer saying? Do you have to put up with it?

Passat CC
05-05-2011, 04:59 PM
My local dealer(Denlo) was advised by VW Australia not to attempt to fix the DSG. I think I'll contact VW directly