PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with Caddy Maxi

caddyshack
30-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Hi Everyone,
Just joined the site, have been reading through it for sometime, great info on here!
I have a 2010 Caddy Maxi TDI that I was using for work but since I've changed jobs it's now being turned into someting more comfortable and less commercial. I'd love to be able to do what Preenie & others have done with the Caddys but the treasurer(other half) says I cant' have the funds (Plus I'm restoring an Alfa 75 V6). At the moment I've fitted a Polo GTI steering wheel and GTI Denver wheels as well as window tinting. Next on the agenda is changing the Stereo from RCD310 to RCD510 (or an RNS would be nice) and fitting some GTI or similiar Leather Seats. Any advice for add-ons or mods will be appreciated, thanks guys.

Preen59
30-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Hey mate. Welcome!

First mod..

KW SUSPENSION!! :D I really can't rave enough about it.. It's beyond worth it.

What's the steering wheel like? I've been thinking of doing the same when I can get one for the right price.. :)

caddyshack
30-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the info Preenie, I'll have a look in the caddy section for your instructions on the seats, The steering wheel I have is from a PoloGTI, about 2007 model I think (got it from GTI Dave on here) I didn't want one with the steering wheel controls as I have read there is a lot of work in getting the required module and setting up. Steering wheel is great, worth the effort, only thing I did wrong was I took it off again as the Anti-skid indication in the dash was on when I installed it (followed the online instructions & disconnected the battery the first time so the Airbag light would not come on) so I took it off to check everything was OK. I found out later that if I had taken the car for a drive it was just a matter of the steering angle sensor checking everything was lined up and it went off straight away. Only thing is the second time the Airbag light has come on and remained that way...Bummer! So I have to get a VCDS kit or get it Reset when it goes in for the 30000K service in a few weeks. Where would I chase up the KW suspension in Melbourne and what is the approx. cost?..cheers

Preen59
30-04-2011, 12:13 PM
All very interesting.. :)

Slammed Distribution do KW suspension. (forum search them or PM Lorenz). Mine was about $2200 AU landed I think, but that was thru a different distributor and a few years ago now.

Lams
03-05-2011, 02:09 PM
what Preenie said... KW!
I did a multi function steering wheel and it isn't too hard.
I just moved house again with the 2 Caddys, great cars

noone
03-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Damn, KW is expensive locally... KW for the Polo was just under a grand for v1 basic... Good gear.

caddyshack
03-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks guys, Love the Caddy! suspension will have to wait for a while, besides I can fit a Shetland Pony between the tyre & the guard now...No, the next things I will be looking to do are GTI seats (probably MK5 like Preeny has fitted), RCD-510 to replaced the 310 and probably VCDS software. I have ordered some Phillips Extreme Power globes to improve the low-beams from the UK ,should be here soon..