PDA

View Full Version : Early Days - So many questions

ntboozer
23-04-2011, 03:31 PM
G'day all,
Yep I know it's still early days in Aust but this ute has been on the road for a while O/S so have any issues / problems been found?
Anything VW Global have commented on O/S? Any factory re-calls O/S that the Aust market should know about?

Any whispers about the next model / Series 2 Amarok? Will the launch of the auto in 2012 become the 'next series'?

How are the current crop of Amaroks getting to Aust? Container ship into Sydney then road freight around the country or container ships into all major ports (Melb, Syd, Bne)? Just curious if the quarantine delay is affecting all deliveries - I guess if all stock is via Sydney ports then the answer would be yes.

Cheers
nt

flyingfridge
23-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Quarantine is affecting all deiliveries through all ports.

The auto update next year won't be a major change, they'll just add the extra body styles as well as the usual MY11 to MY12 tweaks whatever they will be.

Nothing I have read or heard points to any recalls or O/S problems but then I'm probably not the right person to answer that question due to my obvious bias ;)

Cheers :)

gavs
24-04-2011, 10:20 PM
No apparent issues reported through our channels either, that being said, it was only launched in sth america last year around this time, so it is still early days. All reports from Europe is that the Japanese have a real fight on their hands!

phantomcamel
30-04-2011, 09:14 PM
German Amarok forum doesn't really mention of any issues apart from a "loose right mirror" in a few of them which is - as long it is taken care off - not really a biggy. Every manufacturer has recalls these days, just depends on severity & how it's dealt with.
If you ar looking at the US recall of TOYOTA Prius for example, that was a lot of "huha" and most of the issues were found by being the drivers fault by independent research.

flyingfridge
01-05-2011, 09:57 AM
My favourite current recall is the Toyota HiLux recall for driveshafts that might randomly fall out of the diff at any stage....

Toyota—Hilux - No:4 Crossmember Bracket
PRA number: 2010/11961
Date created: 8th September 2010

Product information

Product description
Hilux 4x4 vehicles produced from 29 January 2005 to 20 February 2010.
Identifying features
Please see attached supporting documentation for the VIN Range of affected vehicles.

Target Number: 116,507
Campaign Number: 0531H
What are the hazards?
In the worst case scenario, the propeller shaft could detach from the vehicle.
What are the defects?
When the vehicle is frequently accelerated and decelerated quickly on severely corrugated roads that specifically feature large numbers of cattle grid crossings, the rear tailshaft centre bearing brackets may detach.

Toyota (http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/995581)

hehe..

csiorange
02-05-2011, 07:47 PM
:banana: There is a fair amount of defects that have been found on the overseas forums, none of them major do a seach and you will find them, note you will need google to convert to english and the conversion comes up quite funny:banana:,
My favourite current recall is the Toyota HiLux recall for driveshafts that might randomly fall out of the diff at any stage....

hehe..