PDA

View Full Version : Superb Stolen!!

Bezant
22-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Not the best way to start the extra long weekend. Our Superb was stolen from our house last night while we were sleeping. They broke into the house, took our keys and then took the Skoda.
If it's any consolation they decided to take the Skoda over our BMW...

Not happy, we had to wait about 3 months to get it and now its gone after 6 months!!:mad::mad:

It a black super wagon TSI in elegance trim with QLD REGO 601 RCX

If anyone has seen it, your report as to where and when would be very appreciated! I guess the thieves did not realize that there are not too many of these around and that there is such an avid Skoda spotted forum online!:facepalm:

ope126
22-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Mate thats no good!
Will keep an eye out.
What area? Northside / Southside etc?

K1W1
22-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Did they take anything from the house? If they only took the car it sounds like a steal to order and in that case it's extremely unlikely that you would see it again.

badgerboards
22-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Did they take anything from the house? If they only took the car it sounds like a steal to order and in that case it's extremely unlikely that you would see it again.

That happened to my friends parents car. At wintersun, they broke into their mustang, moved it, then broke into there hot rod and just stole that. Very sad weekend that was :(

Mk3 AAA
22-04-2011, 04:14 PM
There's some cruddy people getting around. We had an HSV taken years back was new at the time and was a limited run. Throws you off a bit huh, hope either the car's recovered or you're swiftly compensated.

RolfGolf
22-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Could have been a lot worse given that they broke into your house while you slept. Glad that you're okay and it was only the car they were after. Possessions can be replaced, but lives are harder to put back together.

Best Wishes.

theduckster
22-04-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm sorry your Superb was stolen Bezant, hopefully they will be able to recover it unharmed.

I'm glad that your okay and I agree with RolfGolf that fortunately your car can be replaced and they didn't get anything that couldn't be replaced and that no harm came to yourself or anybody else in the house.

SKODA vRS147
22-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Sorry to hear that they have taken your car.
Hope you get it back in one piece and everything is ok

dArK5HaD0w
22-04-2011, 08:33 PM
oh sh1et!!!
here is hoping u get it back soon, in 1 piece & with not much damage.

Bezant
22-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for your messages guys. Agreed that it could have been a lot worse with us all being in the house at the time. Thankfully they left my 2 year old boy and pregnant wife alone. The loss of the car, although very annoying, is bearable since they are both ok.

We are in Bulimba (east of the city)

Don't hold out too much hope of seeing it again. Just hope we don't have to wait another 4 months for a new one. There seem to be a few at dealers online at the moment which may suit as replacements?? Don't really want to get something else instead as I don't think anything comes close at the price!

Makk
23-04-2011, 11:53 AM
That's terrible to hear, very sorry about that. God, there are some dodgy people out there. At least you guys are unharmed, which is really good news. I'll be keeping a close eye out for your car - Skoda spotting is a hobby anyway!

Jake02
23-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Just awful Bezant, im so, so, so sorry to hear that! Such a shame that it'd happen to any car, let alone a beast such as the Superb! It'll cone back in one piece don't you worry! But yeah, as you said, could've been worse I guess.

MarksVRS
24-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I thought one advantage of buying a Skoda is the lower theft risk! Sorry to hear it has been taken although surely it cannot get too far without being noticed.

I hope it all works out OK for you.

RSOK
28-04-2011, 08:27 AM
If it's any consolation they decided to take the Skoda over our BMW...

Sorry to hear that scumbags like this have hit upon your wheels, despite their obvious good taste.

jbviajero
28-04-2011, 10:04 PM
I thought I was doing it tough after my low end octavia got keyed on the on side and dented on the other.
You must be gutted about the superb. I've never seen one in black before on the road so if I see QLD plates down here in Sydney I'll be straight onto it!

Damo105
28-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Sorry to hear that. If they broke in for the keys and took it over the BMW, it sounds like they were specifically after a superb wagon. They may have a buyer for it. Surely it wouldn't be easy re-birthing a superb as there would be so few vin numbers around. Let's hope the law catches up with the mongrels.

Bezant
01-05-2011, 08:17 PM
There has been some progress on finding our Skoda Superb. It was spotted in Ryan's Road Northgate (near the railway station) where 2 males drove off in it at high speed once they noticed that the police were monitoring them.

Apparently there has been a string of robberies associated with these guys ranging from Northgate, Mt Gravatt, Inala and Stafford. The police believe that our Skoda may be being used to either transport goods around or as a base car.

If anyone sees the car on the road they can call the police communications number which is 3364 6464. The support we have got from the QLD police so far has been top notch!

Hopefully the car gets recovered sometime soon. Like they say, you don't really realise how much of a good thing you have until its gone.

Ironman
01-05-2011, 08:36 PM
FYI on Monday night Brisbane and Ipswich police together busted 4 people who were armed with knives and guns in the middle of a Break and Enter of a Snack bar in Wacol/Carole Park. Aparently they are part of a ring of car thieves and have let the police on many car chases of late. Biggest problem is that Both Brisbane and Ipswich Comms call off the chases before they really even start. You won't catch the crims if they don't pull over. Only way to stop them is to chase and spike strip them dammnit. Or when they park a wonderful car around a telephone pole! Sucks big time having your car stolen trust me I know. Good luck and keep us updated.

Transporter
01-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I feel your pain and hope you're back behind the Skoda wheel soon.

P.S. I merged the two threads you've started, don't double post!

:)

brad
02-05-2011, 08:55 AM
We had our Nissan engined VL Commodore stolen in 1990.
The police spotted the car & bailed them up in a dead end street - so the criminals tried to run the police over. The police had to dive over a fence to escape injury.
The vehicle was then used in a series of armed hold-ups over a 3 week period.
On recovery, the vehicle was held by the police for 3 weeks while they fingerprinted interior & exterior & then pulled apart the interior looking for concealed weapons.
The car was never the same again (rattles, electrical issues - but geez the engine spun up better than ever:-) ) & I wish they'd torched it.

If you're lucky, they'll set fire to your Superb.

spellbound
02-05-2011, 03:17 PM
We had our Nissan engined VL Commodore stolen in 1990.
The police spotted the car & bailed them up in a dead end street - so the criminals tried to run the police over. The police had to dive over a fence to escape injury.
The vehicle was then used in a series of armed hold-ups over a 3 week period.
On recovery, the vehicle was held by the police for 3 weeks while they fingerprinted interior & exterior & then pulled apart the interior looking for concealed weapons.
The car was never the same again (rattles, electrical issues - but geez the engine spun up better than ever:-) ) & I wish they'd torched it.

If you're lucky, they'll set fire to your Superb.

Spot on brad, you would not want it back after those idiots have been thrashing it , insurance will cover it , lets hope they damage it beyond repair .

Mate had his 5 series stolen , they thought it would be funny to super glue the interior , what a mess , the driving through country paddocks finally killed it .

Gti Dave
02-05-2011, 11:16 PM
So sorry to hear mate. Its a bitch having that happen to people. Not only are you constantly anxious about the car being recovered and the crooks being caught, you're also inconvenienced without a second car and to top it all off, you're praying that its beyond repair so you get a new for new replacement so you don't have to live with it knowing that its been stolen and thrashed and damaged in the past. Not pleasant indeed. WIshing you the best of luck with it. Hope the crooks get caught and punished to the full extent.

seangti
05-05-2011, 12:50 PM
WIshing you the best of luck with it. Hope the crooks get caught and punished to the full extent.

Yup fingers crossed it's written off with these clowns in it. The sooner the better for everyone involved too.

theduckster
07-05-2011, 04:21 PM
My fingers are crossed for you in that you get a good outcome from this.

Hopefully it's a new car for you. I know If I was in your position I wouldn't be comfortable driving the car if it was returned. I would would always be asking myself what had the car been through while they had it. In the end I hope it works out all right for you!

spaz74
26-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Have we got an update on what happened to this car and owner?

Scanners
28-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I spoke to Bezant a few weeks ago and the good news is the vehicle has been recovered. The vehicle was spotted by Police one morning at Stafford in May I think, but given it was peak hour and the Police here aren't allowed to chase, the Skoda sped off. The crims must have got spooked and parked in a side street and left it. A few weeks later a local resident finally had enough of this nice car parked out the front of their house not moving and called the Police. As the vehicle was used in a few crimes, it was towed to the holding yard for forensic examination. As there were no spare keys, the Police were waiting for another key to come from the factory (So beware if you lose your keys!!) before they could get inside.

The vehicle suffered some minor rear panel damage and last I heard it was off to the panel beaters and for a mechanical inspection. Other than that I think it was in pretty good nick. Bezant may even have it back by now, but I haven't seen it driving around our area.

Oh, a grub was also charged with the theft.

K1W1
28-06-2011, 05:29 PM
To me the only good part in that result is that somebody was charged.
I'd rather have the car found burnt out at the bottom of a cliff so there was no possibility of me having to get it back.

anthony
28-06-2011, 09:30 PM
To me the only good part in that result is that somebody was charged.
I'd rather have the car found burnt out at the bottom of a cliff so there was no possibility of me having to get it back.

I agree with you 100 percent.

theduckster
02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
I agree with you 100 percent.

That's a plus one here.