PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing to get through the delivery wait?

Smacca
10-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Here's how I'm managing -

First I encouraged, and then supported my girlfriend's decision to replace her '01 Corolla with this....

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2011/04/IMG_0472-2.jpg

Yeah baby! :cool:

(excuse the mobile upload quality)

gavs
11-04-2011, 07:52 AM
:facepalm:Oh noes!

I thought watching every bloody ship in the WW fleet was bad! ;)

GTI JOE
11-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Good grief, what's the Carbon Tax on that monster:)

shakespeare
11-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Good grief, what's the Carbon Tax on that monster:)

LOL probably less than my Golf R, I think I need shares in BP!

Great way to pass the wait time mate, that has so much more street cred than an '01 Corolla! btw what are you waiting for? :)

GTI JOE
12-04-2011, 05:48 AM
LOL probably less than my Golf R, I think I need shares in BP!

Great way to pass the wait time mate, that has so much more street cred than an '01 Corolla! btw what are you waiting for? :)

Anything would have more street cred than a corolla, even my push bike ;) Still waiting on my Polo GTI to catch a lift to OZ from de farderland:)

gavs
12-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Hmmm, I think a wrangler is lower down on the street cred ladder than a corolla, especially completely stock! ;)

smacca, enjoy the first time you drive it down a highway, and then for no apparent reason, the suspension picks the car up and moves it half a lane width sidways, that's really fun in jeeps :) or when the steering wheel falls of, the seatbelts lock in their inertia point and have to be cut so you can get out, the zinc wing mirrors rusting (seriously jeep, WTF?!) what else....

Transporter
12-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Every car has its faults and as long as she is happy with the Wrangler, it's all good. I personally like the look of them, good for beach and off road. :)

Gti Dave
12-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Jeep would be a great fun car if you live in the caribbean close by the beach. Good if you have a holiday house over there. He He He...One can only dream though. *Sigh*

Smacca
12-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Haha, love the feedback!

I did warn her that it wasn't like driving any other car, but she wasn't fazed. I actually think it's a really fun drive. Reminds me of my teenage years when old school 2 door Jackaroos and Pajero's were too cool at school. The Jeep doesn't try to be anything then a basic, yet effective offroader. And I think it does that very well.

Besides, at least we're using it for what it was designed for. We're probably one of the few owners out of the hundreds of Jeeps in Sydney that didn't buy it just for posing in the city (don't get me started on the chromed bling'd ones :facepalm:).

Yes I anticipate some quality concerns will appear (don't tell the boss that), and fuel consumption is a touchy subject. But in the bush or beach it is nothing but smiles :).

The Polo GTI is still 6 months away, so I'm def enjoying her new toy till it arrives. And when the GTI does turn up, I reckon I'll have a pretty cool garage. And why not? No mortgage, no kids. Might as well enjoy it while I can...

Ohmang
12-04-2011, 12:37 PM
I've made a movie:

I actually took time lapse webcam screen captures on my Mac the other day of the boat loading the cars.

Here is the link:

Tombarra loading cars - Timelapse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHr8zbV2-2E)

broxigar1983
12-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I've made a movie:

I actually took time lapse webcam screen captures on my Mac the other day of the boat loading the cars.

Here is the link:

LOL, nice, but I think they forgot a few cars... :)

GTI JOE
12-04-2011, 04:50 PM
I've made a movie:

Here is the link:

Man you have whey too much time on your hands dude;) Saw the ship rock when the ramp came up, hope it do any damage to the cars ;)
Great little video though:)

gavs
12-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Anyone happen to count how many went on?

GTI JOE
12-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah, freakin 11..not ours though. They must've been drag racing up that ramp;)

Ohmang
12-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Man you have whey too much time on your hands dude;) Saw the ship rock when the ramp came up, hope it do any damage to the cars ;)
Great little video though:)

Lolz - 10 min job on my Mac :D. And yeh - the boat did rock a little when the ramp went up!!

gavs
12-04-2011, 06:57 PM
So why is there a further 92 booked onto the tombarra, thought they might have got more on, they just hadn't updated yet...

GTI JOE
13-04-2011, 06:02 PM
They did get more on...thing is, no one closed the bow door of the ship....so as they were loading cars in the stern, cars were falling off into the water at the bow...hehehe...sorry frostee and payno ;) might be a slightly longer trip to OZ waiting for the currents to deliver your cars.

broxigar1983
13-04-2011, 06:18 PM
They did get more on...thing is, no one closed the bow door of the ship....so as they were loading cars in the stern, cars were falling off into the water at the bow...hehehe...sorry frostee and payno ;) might be a slightly longer trip to OZ waiting for the currents to deliver your cars.

Did someone say they ordered an Ocean Blue colored Polo? LOL

Sword_Dude
15-04-2011, 10:37 AM
I've been researching detailing and paint protection in the wait...I've pretty much done that now, so back to just waiting

Smacca
15-04-2011, 10:45 AM
so back to just waiting

Waiting sucks ... Sigh ...

With the amount of reading & research I'm doing to pass the time, I'll know the GTI inside out before I even get it. Thank god for the internet :)

Sword_Dude
15-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Yep Smacca, I hear you.

At least I've got a week 18 build so from the end of this month I can start boat watching like the guys on the tracking thread!!

sarah3
20-07-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm going slowly insane.
I ordered a 2011 77 TSI polo DSG Flash read with sports pack back in May. It was meant to arrive mid August but is now looking like September... :(

I sold my car the first day I advertised it so have been borrowing my sisters 2001 VW golf but I want my own car NNNOOOOWWWW (small tantrum).

nugget1312
20-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Feeling your pain, but count yourself lucky..... I ordered in January and its due in September. I am going nuts but also driving everyone else insane as well. How many times a day can you check Track and Trace.............:rolleyes:

babs
20-07-2011, 06:42 PM
for me just not trying to think about it...but then my dealer called and advised me confirmed delivery by end of september. hehe not long to go :-D

i just went onto the vw aust website to check out the e-brochure on the polo. listen to the audio. :facepalm:

LarryRSA
20-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Waiting sucks ... Sigh ...

With the amount of reading & research I'm doing to pass the time, I'll know the GTI inside out before I even get it. Thank god for the internet :)

Same story here. I feel as though I already know every inch of the car. :rolleyes:

But other than looking at what mods are available for the Polo GTI here in SA, I'm Going slightly mad ! Lucky for me I ordered my car begining of June and the ETA for the ships arrival is 31/7/2011. So I should have my car by mid August.....Feels like FOREVER !!! I check the ships location like every hour or so. Even have that marine traffic app on my iphone...:facepalm::banana:

gavs
21-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Same story here. I feel as though I already know every inch of the car. :rolleyes:

But other than looking at what mods are available for the Polo GTI here in SA, I'm Going slightly mad ! Lucky for me I ordered my car begining of June and the ETA for the ships arrival is 31/7/2011. So I should have my car by mid August.....Feels like FOREVER !!! I check the ships location like every hour or so. Even have that marine traffic app on my iphone...:facepalm::banana:

Even i wasn't that bad and your's has half the distance to travel! :)

nuggett, you're lucky, imagne the poor people that ordered a gti in feb only to be told it will arrive in june..... the following year!

nugget1312
21-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Good point Gavs, That probably would have been the end for me.....:facepalm:

Smacca
21-07-2011, 02:20 PM
imagne the poor people that ordered a gti in feb only to be told it will arrive in june..... the following year!

Whoa, whoa, hang on...

So people who ordered a GTI in Feb have actually been told delivery will be June 2012?

I ordered mine in mid Feb and my dealer is expecting a Feb 2012 delivery. As much as I want the car so badly, if mine is delayed till June, an 18 month wait just isn't worth it. :(

broxigar1983
21-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Whoa, whoa, hang on...

So people who ordered a GTI in Feb have actually been told delivery will be June 2012?

I ordered mine in mid Feb and my dealer is expecting a Feb 2012 delivery. As much as I want the car so badly, if mine is delayed till June, an 18 month wait just isn't worth it. :(

Wait, so you are actually waiting a year for you car? Damn, I would have walked out and buy something else or somewhere else.

LarryRSA
21-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Why is it that you guys in Aus are having to wait sooooooooo Long for your cars ? 12 Months ? Geez. I was told the longest wait here would be 4 months. AT MOST !?!?!?!

sarah3
22-07-2011, 08:35 PM
I think one of the problems with waiting this long is changing your mind on the colour. Everytime I pass a new Polo I think... Ooh I should change to that colour.
I've ordered a red one however it doesn't help when the sales guy rings you to say you can get a white one 4 weeks earlier....

I'm also thinking after driving my sisters navy blue 2001 golf that flat colours seem to look faded and maybe I should see if I can change to silver (as my last colour was black and I would never go there again, I was reversed into 3 times in 8 years and I'm sure if I had any other colour those idiots would of seen me behind them).

I am going insane I know lol
:facepalm:

Capercat
23-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Why is it that you guys in Aus are having to wait sooooooooo Long for your cars ? 12 Months ? Geez. I was told the longest wait here would be 4 months. AT MOST !?!?!?!

We in OZ wait the longest & pay the most, sounds fair eh? minus Singapore.

gavs
23-07-2011, 12:31 PM
The uk is on par, if not more expensive than here because they have to option everything, for once, Aussies got a good deal on price, delivery times tho.....

wai
23-07-2011, 02:48 PM
It comes down to the particular combination you want.

I had to moderate my choice of colour and eventually decided to pick from the stock held by VW Australia. My first choice was Toffee Brown, then Natural Grey, and then Reflex Silver. It then came down to transmission, and engine. Next is was any options I did or did not want.

If I wanted to stick with the first choice colour, it would have been a 4.5 month wait at least.

It all comes down to how they batch things at the factory. All the factors have to fit before what you want will go through.

But it's in everything. I am working on a contract for a herbicide manufacturing company. At 4 pm on Friday, there was blind panic because they were out of stock of one of the key chemicals for a batch that was to be run on the first shift on Monday. There were frantic phone calls to get the 20 kg of chemical needed for the run. They were lucky as normally that chemical has to be ordered to match the production company's batch plan.

It is a huge exercise to get everything to fall into place. It might be just one item that you want that delays things because they have run out of that, or that the manufacturer will only be making it in 3 months time.

GTI mk6
23-07-2011, 11:29 PM
I think one of the problems with waiting this long is changing your mind on the colour. Everytime I pass a new Polo I think... Ooh I should change to that colour. I've ordered a red one however it doesn't help when the sales guy rings you to say you can get a white one 4 weeks earlier....Count yourself lucky that you only have to wait 3-4 mths....:-) double that for quiet a few of us (if we are lucky) Hehe, just think how many Polos you would see in that time frame to sway you on colour change. Also bear in mind if you do go with metallic you will have to pay extra ($5 or $600?)

R1 Crasher
24-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Dont wait for a car that long.Go and buy a Renault Sport Clio:P

Smacca
25-07-2011, 04:35 AM

I hear you, I really do. But the 10k price difference is enough for me to consider the wait worth it.

But if the GTI won't arrive by February as promised, an almost new Clio might be just the answer...

gavs
25-07-2011, 08:56 AM

And then kick yourself after getting wasted by a polo gti that was $10,000 cheaper, like the one that turned onto the eastern with me last week ;)

GTI mk6
25-07-2011, 02:04 PM
12 mths is one long wait Smacca. :-( My order was beg. June with a broad ETA of 6-9 mths, we focused on the latter. Latest news is also (unconfirmed approx) Feb next year which is currently an 8 mth wait. Not sure if my patience will extend much beyond 9 mths.....time will tell but my dealers website shows car still only DLR spec, awaiting the next stage in the ordering process, have also been supplied with a Nadcon screen dump of the pending order. Need a good hobby and keep telling myself to stay away from the Forum, as it's like a two edged sword ATM, tell me the first 4-6 weeks are the slowest? Okay, lie if you have to LOL Apologies for the lack of spaces and paragraphs, must be because of the iPad, just not happening

broxigar1983
25-07-2011, 02:45 PM
...Need a good hobby and keep telling myself to stay away from the Forum, as it's like a two edged sword ATM...

HAHA! Same here, but I already have my car, but now I see wheels, suspension etc. that I want to add to the car :(

DAMN YOU FORUM!! :P

GTI mk6
25-07-2011, 03:50 PM
HAHA! Same here, but I already have my car, but now I see wheels, suspension etc. that I want to add to the car :( DAMN YOU FORUM!! :P LOL, like moths drawn to the light, bees around a honey pot (or is that bears?) :-) sand through an hour glass, meatloaf through a straw.......these are the ’Days of our lives' Yup, definitely gotta get a hobby :P

tay113
25-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Feeling your pain, but count yourself lucky..... I ordered in January and its due in September. I am going nuts but also driving everyone else insane as well. How many times a day can you check Track and Trace.............:rolleyes:

Hi.my ordered gti since Jan will be build week 39 and feeling real ****ty but not a lot I can do.meanwhile I just try to enjoy my old seat Ibiza to bAsh about to shopping areas and not to worry till new worries set in when I get the new car.cheers and goodluck to the ones getting the cars asap.tay

babs
07-08-2011, 09:56 AM
watching how i met your your mother episodes...

and constantly logging into track and trace several times a day.

GplusH_R
30-08-2011, 09:38 PM
12 mths is one long wait Smacca. :-( My order was beg. June with a broad ETA of 6-9 mths, we focused on the latter. Latest news is also (unconfirmed approx) Feb next year which is currently an 8 mth wait. Not sure if my patience will extend much beyond 9 mths.....

So I notice in your sig your eta has blown out to April?

I have a Golf .:R on order and didn't want to get stuck with a 2011 build MY12 so had it put on the contract for a 2012 build... A week later was shown an email from VWA stating no Golf R or Polo GTI production 1st quarter 2012 :facepalm:

Hope it doesn't mean a May delivery.

iigx
30-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Thrashing the pants off my Aurion ZR6.

GTI mk6
31-08-2011, 12:23 AM
So I notice in your sig your eta has blown out to April?

I have a Golf .:R on order and didn't want to get stuck with a 2011 build MY12 so had it put on the contract for a 2012 build... A week later was shown an email from VWA stating no Golf R or Polo GTI production 1st quarter 2012 :facepalm:

Hope it doesn't mean a May delivery.

Yeah, they're hoping for April now, but as order is still only at DLR spec....it's all a big guessing game.
Like you, if my order was going to have an ETA of Feb, it would mean a 2011 build and for the sake of another
month or two I would also prefer a 2012 build.
Looks like I will get my wish, even though I didn't state this on contract.

Was this email you were shown from your dealership, or VGA Head office in Sydney?

Have appt with DP and Brand Manager of dealership this Sat.
Interested to know if they also have this info.....BM did tell me they're telling any new customers ordering Polo GTI to
expect a min 12 mth wait now......
Currently, I get a three week follow up email from dealership, their excel spreadsheet on their website to track my
order via my comm. number and a VGA contact person.
The only thing that's been confirmed is that Golf R and Polo GTI orders can expect bigger than normal delays :-(

Wouldn't April delivery be the start of the second quarter anyway?

GplusH_R
31-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Was this email you were shown from your dealership, or VGA Head office in Sydney?

Head office forwarded from the Stock Controller at the dealership

Currently, I get a three week follow up email from dealership, their excel spreadsheet on their website to track my order via my comm. number and a VGA contact person. The only thing that's been confirmed is that Golf R and Polo GTI orders can expect bigger than normal delays :-(

Wow personalized service indeed

Wouldn't April delivery be the start of the second quarter anyway?

True, though I'm sure if there is no production in 1st quarter then it's going to take at least 3-4 weeks (guessing) to put a car together then shipping so even they started 1st week in April mid May would still be very very lucky.

mr_bzr
31-08-2011, 08:10 AM
6 weeks for the boat from Germany to Aussie, two or three days to actually build the car once you have a build slot. :D

gavs
31-08-2011, 09:16 AM

After the saga that GTI Mk6 has been through, the DP and branch manager, along with VGA should be seriously kissing arse and taking AT LEAST $5000 off the purchase price of the vehicle.

Some people are too nice though ;), I personally would have gone to the media and not stopped shouting until the situation was put right:)

GTI mk6
31-08-2011, 10:33 AM

Not really, every customer at dealership gets the same followup, only extra is the current follow up on VAG customer
service reps part, due to some major issues I have chosen not to publicly share at the moment, but has been mentioned
in Gavs post....... maybe I am too nice?

True, though I'm sure if there is no production in 1st quarter then it's going to take at least 3-4 weeks (guessing) to put a car together then shipping so even they started 1st week in April mid May would still be very very lucky.

Sorry my bad, didn't read your post properly, was thinking no delivery in first quarter :facepalm:
Based on this, I would say May could be doubtful too :-(

pologti18t
31-08-2011, 02:35 PM
After the saga that GTI Mk6 has been through, the DP and branch manager, along with VGA should be seriously kissing arse and taking AT LEAST $5000 off the purchase price of the vehicle.

Some people are too nice though ;), I personally would have gone to the media and not stopped shouting until the situation was put right:)

Or VW could RAISE the price of the car $5000 and all the buyers of the car would dry up and there would be no 12month delivery delay :)

GTI mk6
31-08-2011, 05:28 PM

Now Gav, you know all that shouting is no good for ones blood pressure :P

Not sure about being too nice......but hey, go with your first impression I say.... :lol:
More a case of that drained feeling, maybe a nice long holiday until around April next year will help,
Yeah, like dream on....:facepalm:

GTI mk6
02-09-2011, 05:54 PM
LATEST INFO FROM VGA RE: POLO GTI / GOLF R 2012 PRODUCTION

Received this as part of an email from VGA this afternoon in response to my query of no production in first quarter
of 2012. Sourced from VGA logistics and relayed back via customer service.

[quote]
“At the moment, all current Polo GTI/Golf R orders are looking to go into production in January with an expected arrival
date in April. This of course is subject to change, but this is the latest information provided by VGA." [unquote]

This lines up with what my dealership last told me too, but who knows?

GplusH_R
03-09-2011, 10:28 AM
LATEST INFO FROM VGA RE: POLO GTI / GOLF R 2012 PRODUCTION

Received this as part of an email from VGA this afternoon in response to my query of no production in first quarter
of 2012. Sourced from VGA logistics and relayed back via customer service.

“At the moment, all current Polo GTI/Golf R orders are looking to go into production in January with an expected arrival
date in April. This of course is subject to change, but this is the latest information provided by VGA." [unquote]

This lines up with what my dealership last told me too, but who knows?

You good sir are a legend!!

R1 Crasher
08-10-2011, 10:12 PM
And then kick yourself after getting wasted by a polo gti that was $10,000 cheaper, like the one that turned onto the eastern with me last week ;)
Been away a long time from this forum....
Sounding like a real V8 Aussie there,find a few corners and then see how the Renault goes..........................................wait ing for a Polo GTI takes a long time hahaha
More than happy to prove it to you!

gavs
10-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Been away a long time from this forum....
Sounding like a real V8 Aussie there,find a few corners and then see how the Renault goes..........................................wait ing for a Polo GTI takes a long time hahaha
More than happy to prove it to you!

Ummmmm, what?

R1 Crasher
10-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Ummmmm, what?

I'll put in Aussie bogan speak so you understaand,
Your V8 Polo GTI (straaightline only) will not get neeer a Renault Sport Clio when there are bends in the road on the way to the pub mate.

For all others reading. A Renault Sport Clio is in a different class to a VW Polo GTI when it comes to corners.

Coolio
10-10-2011, 08:37 PM
For all others reading. A Renault Sport Clio is in a different class to a VW Polo GTI when it comes to corners.

The Renault is in lots of different classes to the Polo...price (higher), NVH (worse), perceived quality (worse).

R1 Crasher
10-10-2011, 08:44 PM
The Renault is in lots of different classes to the Polo...price (higher), NVH (worse), perceived quality (worse).

All of that is possibly true,but what about the class I was refering too?

gavs
11-10-2011, 07:07 AM
So the fact that your Renaultsport Clio, in the hands of a PROPER PROFFESIONAL racing driver who also happens to be one of the country's leading stunt drivers and vehicle control experts has not been able to get the clio around a race track which, surprise surprise has corners in it, quicker than the Polo GTI means that your Clio is still quicker?

I'm sorry but in my "V8 bogan" mind, logic is word that is part of my bogan vocabulary and when there is raw data that shows otherwise, then it must be my idiotic mindset that leads me to believe you are incorrect. Sorry dude but I looked at the Clio and yeah, it's a more involving drive but is it worth the $15k premium over a Polo GTI when you get the build quality and NVH levels of a mid-nineties Hyundai Excel?

A very simple answer from a seemingly simple bogan mind, NO.

R1 Crasher, I see the point of you joining this community forum is to be a bit of a superiority flog. You believe that, on the way to the pub (which undoubtedly you will drink at before getting behind the wheel of your "superior" clio and becoming a danger to the rest of us sensible road users) you will somehow be a better person than us who own polos because of your vehicle choice. But, unlike the RenaultSport forum, we here have a more diplomatic approach other than slanderous and defamatory comments and if you read the rules of the forum, then your comments are bordering on the offensive to me personally. Thankfully, I believe you are an idiot and I have a thick skin so at this point I will not report you to the moderators.

Oh and for the record, a polo GTI has nothing on a locally built V8 and anyone who belives so (without a tune anyway) is an idiot so to draw the analogy that you did is rather daft.

Mods, feel free to edit this but hopefully my point gets accross.

Coolio
11-10-2011, 07:55 AM
All of that is possibly true,but what about the class I was refering too?

What about it? I'm not saying you are wrong. But if i want a front driver that merely goes around corners i would buy a 15k secondhand Honda Integra Type R. Regardless of that, going around a racetrack quickly isn't 100% about cornering ability either. Independent tests i have seen place the clio either slightly slower or slightly faster. The biggest margin i have seen is 1 second over a 1 minute+ lap. Considering that was achieved by a professional driver who is trained to get the maximum out of a chassis i would be highly surprised if amateurs are able to extract any extra speed out of a clio than the polo with any consistency. If you are in fact Nick Percat then fantastic, you've probably got most people on the road covered regardless of what you are driving. But i doubt you are, and because of that, i doubt you do.

R1 Crasher
11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
So the fact that your Renaultsport Clio, in the hands of a PROPER PROFFESIONAL racing driver who also happens to be one of the country's leading stunt drivers and vehicle control experts has not been able to get the clio around a race track which, surprise surprise has corners in it, quicker than the Polo GTI means that your Clio is still quicker?

I'm sorry but in my "V8 bogan" mind, logic is word that is part of my bogan vocabulary and when there is raw data that shows otherwise, then it must be my idiotic mindset that leads me to believe you are incorrect. Sorry dude but I looked at the Clio and yeah, it's a more involving drive but is it worth the $15k premium over a Polo GTI when you get the build quality and NVH levels of a mid-nineties Hyundai Excel?

A very simple answer from a seemingly simple bogan mind, NO.

R1 Crasher, I see the point of you joining this community forum is to be a bit of a superiority flog. You believe that, on the way to the pub (which undoubtedly you will drink at before getting behind the wheel of your "superior" clio and becoming a danger to the rest of us sensible road users) you will somehow be a better person than us who own polos because of your vehicle choice. But, unlike the RenaultSport forum, we here have a more diplomatic approach other than slanderous and defamatory comments and if you read the rules of the forum, then your comments are bordering on the offensive to me personally. Thankfully, I believe you are an idiot and I have a thick skin so at this point I will not report you to the moderators.

Oh and for the record, a polo GTI has nothing on a locally built V8 and anyone who belives so (without a tune anyway) is an idiot so to draw the analogy that you did is rather daft.

Mods, feel free to edit this but hopefully my point gets accross.

Gavs my bogan talk was tongue in cheek,plesae dont take it personally,its the sort of thing you do hear V8 men spruking about, straightline performance. And fair play to them as thats what they are good at,My point was that you said you left a Clio on the way onto Eastern freeway,could that person drive?Was the car full of sand and cement in the back?There are a million possibilities as to the why's and wherefores,my point was that the Clio sport when it comes to corners,not racetracks is a quicker car,of that I have no doubt.
I like Polo GTI's and having only sold one late last year was impressed with its driveability. It was an 08 9n version so not the latest one.For a car of this type, and this is me personally speaking not saying DSG is a bad thing but for sheer involvement a manual is the way for me and that reason alone has probably stopped me buying the latest Polo GTI.
Don't get me wrong here, forums are great places for people to express opinions,but as I'm not brand bias,if a car is good irrespective of make I will acknowledge that fact.People get on various make forums and think that what they have is the best thing since sliced bread when its not allways the case.

I will be the first to hold my hand up and say that a Clio Sport is nowhere near the level of VW in many areas,but in driver involvement which is what a small hot hatch should be there is not much better.

For the record I also own a Golf Pirelli and a Focus XR5 both have positive and negative points.Oh and neither would get near the Clio in the bends!

gavs
12-10-2011, 06:58 AM
No worries mate, glad that we sorted that out but you do now realise you have to come on the next cruise though to see this clio in action.......

mr_bzr
12-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Back on the actual topic... Tugela is docking at Brisbane today (couple more stops and the gti will be mine)~~ the wait is almost over... can't believe how quickly its been since Feb 14th to now.