PDA

View Full Version : My CC is Finally on its Way !!

Static
10-04-2011, 04:26 PM
My car was loaded onto the Taiko at Bremenhaven last Friday (our time). So far has transitted through Zeebrugge Belgium and has probably arrived in Southhampton (site states 9th April). Probably info will be updated shortly. Then across the Atlantic and through the Panama Canal. She's due to arrive in Brisbane 19th May.

I can smell the leather and the vibration of the Dynaudio from here !!

:banana:

tessie
10-04-2011, 05:41 PM
...congrats. Had my CC TDI Mocha anthracite for 15 months now, very glad I got it.

sa-r32
11-04-2011, 03:50 PM
My car was loaded onto the Taiko at Bremenhaven last Friday (our time). So far has transitted through Zeebrugge Belgium and has probably arrived in Southhampton (site states 9th April). Probably info will be updated shortly. Then across the Atlantic and through the Panama Canal. She's due to arrive in Brisbane 19th May.

I can smell the leather and the vibration of the Dynaudio from here !!

:banana:

Any idea how long between being built to set off from the port ?

genkifd
11-04-2011, 09:14 PM
ask for the tracking number from the dealer and you will know exactly when the car docks into australia

Static
15-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Mine was built 22nd March - loaded on the 8th so 17 days after build completed to go through quality control etc. As genkifd said you can track the car after shipping starts. What you need is the VIN then just access the info via

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/

Passat CC
15-04-2011, 11:20 PM
I would have swapped you my CC for your 320i
My CC is very disappointing

Dr Block
16-04-2011, 12:40 AM

Why do you find your CC disappointing?

sa-r32
16-04-2011, 05:50 AM

Really, please explain ?

Static
16-04-2011, 12:53 PM

Wow ... not what I was really wanting to hear !! I actually had a TDI CC in the UK last year for 12 days and loved it. It's the reason that I ended buying this one. I must admit after the 3 Series I was pretty much of the view I'd only ever buy BMW's in the future ... but I've ordered the CC. We won't be saying goodbye to the BM though as I'm handing it over to my wife.

I've ordered the CC based on:-
My own experience in the UK on holidays
The looks/style
The level of features for the money
The reports and research I've done on line.

Before I ordered I took one for a drive just to remind me of what I thought I experienced in the UK ... and yep ... she blew me away. And I must say ... I was skeptical re a diesel but after 'giving it a bit of a touch up' whilst on holidays and when I had the test drive, I was convinced.

Well ... I'm hoping you are wrong !!

Passat CC
16-04-2011, 01:46 PM
I love the look of the car but it just lacks quality and refinement. I expected more for $62k. Picked up a new C200K for the mrs six months ago and it's so much more car for very little more money. In addition to the poor quality I've had the following issues.
1. Replaced drive shafts first week
2. Issues with a rattling panoramic glass roof from day one very common with the CC (VW finally got it sorted after one year)
3. Clunking DSG VW can't seem to fix going back in for service for the 3rd time they still don't know what the issue is
4. Annoying rattles and creaking all over the car
5. Bad body flex
6. Drive quality very poor in comparison to other cars in it's price range
Car should be priced at 40-50k then it would be a good car

ScottyP
18-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I love the look of the car but it just lacks quality and refinement. I expected more for $62k. Picked up a new C200K for the mrs six months ago and it's so much more car for very little more money. In addition to the poor quality I've had the following issues.
1. Replaced drive shafts first week
2. Issues with a rattling panoramic glass roof from day one very common with the CC (VW finally got it sorted after one year)
3. Clunking DSG VW can't seem to fix going back in for service for the 3rd time they still don't know what the issue is
4. Annoying rattles and creaking all over the car
5. Bad body flex
6. Drive quality very poor in comparison to other cars in it's price range
Car should be priced at 40-50k then it would be a good car

Certainly sounds like you have some issues there, which is a shame. I'd suggest that it's not largely representative of the CC experience however. I have no such complaints from mine and have heard rave reviews from other owners, including those who have previously have Benzes, Beemers and the like.

Oh, and even a $40k car with those issues would be unacceptable.

Cheers,
Scotty P.

PA.
18-04-2011, 01:16 PM
I have had my CC for 6 months now. The only thing that I could fault was the rear doors started to squeak a liitle. I sprayed some silicon lube on the seal and noise went and has not returned. I do expect now to do this from time to time but it only takes a second. I have driven my car a bit on dirt roads and there is no dust leak and it's very quiet.

This is my first VW and I would replace mine with the same car again. Very happy with it.

Static
20-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Car has arrived in Baltimore ...

Tap, tap, tap .... Waiting, waiting, waiting

Static
27-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Car is now in transit from Savannah, Georgia and due in Manzanillo, Panama tomorrow. From there across the Pacific to Auckland.

Tap, tap, tap ... this is like child birth !!

Static
24-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Came off the ship in Brisbane @ 2:15pm on Saturday ... wonder how long to go through customs and pre delivery !!

Tap, Tap ... but hopefully for not too much longer.

genkifd
25-05-2011, 05:07 AM
should be about 10 days.

Static
31-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Woo hoo ... pick the new baby up tomorrow !!

Leagle
09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Woo hoo ... pick the new baby up tomorrow !!

And the news is??? Tap tap tap tap :rolleyes:

PA.
09-06-2011, 04:39 PM
He has been out driving it and has not been home yet, except to sleep.