PDA

View Full Version : New Touareg Magazine.

Transporter
08-04-2011, 11:04 AM
It came to my e-mail.

Enjoy!

Volkswagen - Touareg Long lead (http://www.volkswagenaustralia.com.au/touaregmagazine/)

Flipper Dog
08-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Let me guess, release another page each month so that will take us up to the release date in July. Then dealers will have their 1 or 2 "demos" to show off and they will be base models or over optioned which no one wants. So we will then need to place an order along with the rest of the right hand markets, there for expect a 6 month wait = Jan/Feb 2012 delivery just in time for a price rise or tax increase because SUV type vehicles will be targeted in the ETS.

Or go to another vehicle OEM which have stock available now, real off road capabilities and offer incentives that are very good.....hard to remain brand loyal in this day and age.

Transporter
08-04-2011, 06:17 PM
My words mate. I don't see myself buying another Touareg and my daughter who drives it mainly, will most likely replace it with BMW X6, she will have no patience to wait 3-6 months. Ridiculous really! :facepalm:

jimbomort
26-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Transporter you been unhappy with your toureag or this more a comment on the wait for Vw vehicles, I agree 6 months wait is ridiculous. If we'd have to have done that for our Tig, we wouldn't have, we bought one in stock from the dealer who had it and all were happy.

Seems to me the trick now is too get the essentials you need, then install the rest aftermarket (where you can, some you cant), which now seems more and more doable and much cheaper.

Transporter
26-04-2011, 09:33 PM
As you probably know the interior in the new Touareg is a step back when compared to the old one. My brother in law who driven it and drives X5 and sometimes Touareg2 said that, there was a lot of hard plastic used in dash and generally the new Touareg feels smaller inside. However it drives and brakes much better than the Treg2. But the best of all is a new Porsche with the same 3.0L TDI and very comfortable interior.

jb747
05-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Well done VW. I was very keen, but this ongoing delaying, without even giving us any information has worked very well...for another brand. Looks like it will be a LR Discovery 4. At least it has a decent tow bar weight limit.

camper72
06-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Dermot I live in Perth and only called your dealership yesterday and spoke to someone in sales. Her reply to me was she had no idea and no dealers have any idea, there hasn't even been a dealer launch yet. She went on to say that the customers would know before the dealers.

Why do VW want to loose customers? My wife is now looking at XC90 and the new Jeep, two months ago I had her sold on the new Touareg. We currently drive a VW and want an upgrade, but I am really annoyed at this messing around. Obviously the launch date will be made at the Melbourne motor-show, why dont they just say so???

Dealers already know what stock will be available at launch and with what options? All the cars for July August & September were ordered by the dealers, not VGA.

Spook
14-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Part 2 now available... almost 2 months after Part 1. Good work VAG.

R36 Dreamer
15-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Dermot I live in Perth and only called your dealership yesterday and spoke to someone in sales. Her reply to me was she had no idea and no dealers have any idea, there hasn't even been a dealer launch yet. She went on to say that the customers would know before the dealers.

Why do VW want to loose customers? My wife is now looking at XC90 and the new Jeep, two months ago I had her sold on the new Touareg. We currently drive a VW and want an upgrade, but I am really annoyed at this messing around. Obviously the launch date will be made at the Melbourne motor-show, why dont they just say so???

Agree 100% with this comment - VW lost my business with the way they have handled the release of this vehicle - We had a number of VW's and liked the brand, but couldnt wait forever for information.

Loving my new Range Rover though and nothing in the spec's I received to date on the VW would make me regret the decision to move brands.

R36 Dreamer
22-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Fuel average is 10.5L/100km after 2000kms driving mostly in town (drops to mid 7s on the highway), so pretty happy with that - better than my R36 was!. Power and Torque are worlds apart (RRS is 40Kw and 200NM higher than standard 3.0 Toureg).

Interior Space is as good as if not better than the old Toureg. Standard Features are better, and interior fit, finish and quality is better (albiet at a higher price). Paying extra for offroad equipment is a joke.

Resale is much better on the RRS

Corporate Plan gives 5 year warranty and 3 year free servicing.

Car has just been updated (2010), but then LandRover rarely change their vehicle shapes and styles. 2012 update isn't major looking at euro spy shots.

Overall I weighed up the two (with a number of other vehicles) and couldn't be happier with the decision I made.

And the RRS will kill the Toureg in the rough!!

I should also mention I miss the R36 at times. VW make great cars.

R36 Dreamer
23-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Enjoy your Toureg then.

2 posts and you are setting yourself up as an expert on everything.

I have no problems with the Toureg, in my circumstances the RRS was a better choice for me. If you read some of my older posts this was my preference - but my R36 lease was due to expire and I couldn't wait for the dealer specs.

Also I think you will find the 2011 RRS is better specced than the Toureg.

Real world resale of RRS is much better than Toureg. Have a look on carsales.

Each to their own. Differing opinions are what make the world great.

essay
23-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Number of posts is not proportional knowledge and decision making

Transporter
23-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Welcome to the forums essay,

I deleted your 2 posts above and I hope that you will tell us something positive as well. We're friendly and helpful bunch of car enthusiasts at VWWatercooled, so enjoy the browsing. :)