PDA

View Full Version : Will be looking at a used Eos next week

Rybky
07-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Hi,

I am considering upgrading the Bora to an EOS and will be going to look at a 2008 Manual FSI next week.

From reading some other posts it appears there are not too many issues other than potential leaks from the roof. Are there specific points that are more prone to leaking? Will help me check for evidence of leaks.

The other question I have is about mounting a child seat in the back, I have seen some on the road with a child seat in them so it must be possible. Where is the anchor point on the EOS? Is it easy to get to?

Any other things I should pay attention to other than general used car gotcha's?

Thanks!

Adam

Hayman002
07-04-2011, 07:47 PM
hi Adam,

Am sure you will love the EOS..

I have a 2008, no leaks, no problems at all really. seems like leaks were more prone in earlier models and seals have been improved from 2008 on.

I believe child seats are fairly easy to fit, points fairly easy to get to.

you might want top check out the EOS owners forum, worldwide, lots of useful tips etc. A VW Eos Forum for Owners - VW Eos Club (http://www.vweosclub.com/forums/)

Rybky
08-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Thanks, good to hear you are having a trouble free time with a 2008. And thanks for the link too.

Adam

Rybky
14-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Will be picking up my MY08 EOS FSI Manual in Graphite on Monday!!! Can't wait. Car has only done 34k kms and feels like new.

Pretty quiet in this corner of VWW, not many EOS owners here? Or is everyone on the EOS Club forum?

Adam

Hayman002
14-04-2011, 08:36 PM
well done Adam...enjoy...have no doubt you will....what part of OZ you in?

more 'action' on EOS Forum, I still check here, but pretty quiet as you say.

have fun... Dave

Rybky
15-04-2011, 11:40 AM
well done Adam...enjoy...have no doubt you will....what part of OZ you in?

I am in Sydney Dave and certainly planning on having fun! Although with a double demerits long weekend coming up I will have to be careful! ;)

Adam

Lams
15-04-2011, 02:14 PM
not much progress / action / changes with our eos, except it was T-boned by a BMW yesterday and now it's pretty ugly
our eos is good, no leaks but aircon system had to be replaced.
good car, wife and I were just discussing that if it was written off we'd get another Eos.

Hayman002
15-04-2011, 08:03 PM
at least it was a BMW...!!!...lol...I had a meeting with a kangaroo last weekend....luckily managed to only hit his tail...still $2000 damage,,,,bugger....!!...

Lams
20-04-2011, 01:43 PM
is that an ICQ icon! wow!
it's just a car. Very lucky, the other driver didn't see her at all (doing make up / hair)
I would hate to think what would happen if she hit the rear quarter of the car instead of the door, probably send it spinning or something
we've put the car away until insurance takes a look next week. in the meantime, '56 beetle daily driver. I miss my electric windows

Rybky
20-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Oi! Get your own thread!! :D

Pics of my new car available here: New Sydney owner! - VW Eos Club (http://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4396)

Adam

Lams
21-04-2011, 01:38 PM
nice Eos :-)
do you have a faceplate adapter for your double din?

Rybky
21-04-2011, 02:49 PM
nice Eos :-)
do you have a faceplate adapter for your double din?

I have ordered the full Connects2 faceplate adaptor kit, wiring harness adaptor to ISO, ISO to Alpine, aerial adaptor and canbus interface from an ebay seller in the UK, $158 including postage. Will hopefully make it an easy install, will just need to run the wiring for the rear camera and for the mic.

Adam