PDA

View Full Version : Sim Racing in a Golf Mk1 GTI at Bathurst

Ryan_R
04-04-2011, 10:53 AM
No doubt you prefer doing the real thing but I thought I'd share this video with you anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syoX3Netqmk&feature=player_detailpage[/url]

I picked up NFS Shift 2 Unleashed last Friday, and so far, so good.

Stiggy_21
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
On thing I couldn't stand bout SHIFT was the handling physics... I was like driving a lump of butter!!
Whats the new one like handling wise???

Ryan_R
04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah - I ended up using the handling mod for Shift 1.

Shift 2 is an improvement, and feels a bit like GT5 in places. I'm still tweaking my Logitech profiler settings to make the steering feel more responsive/less laggy. That said, I had drastically changed the settings when trying out TDU2, which has pretty horrid physics.

If you've played other SimBin titles (like Race 07) then you'll know what to expect. That said, the drifting physics (in races, I haven't done drift events yet) are much better than any SimBin title I've played before - although with my odd wheel settings prior it made my Nissan Silvia S15 fishtail quite a bit) :)

If you've got a good wheel and a good PC (or PS3) I'd recommend the game, almost as an expansion to GT5 (with the different cars and tracks). Shift 2 has all the tracks from Shift 1 (as far as I can tell) plus a bunch of new ones. The new helmet camera is personally annoying - I'd rather have TrackIR support so that I can look where I want to. I'm sure someone will mod that feature in soon though.