PDA

View Full Version : Floor matts?

bbqrose
30-05-2007, 09:51 AM
hi guys,
picked up my golf 2.0 fsi just a couple of days ago, its been a blast so far!
anyway just wondering about the floor mats that the dealer put in; theyre sort of greyish ( ie not as dark as the rest of the car) and are only held in place buy some plastic hole, which keeps sliding off... getting quite annoying! is there meant to be anything else to hold it in place? and is the colour of the mats not meant to be as black???
thanks

anarchycamp
30-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Mine had clips in the front ones to hold them in place....mine are Grey but seems to go with the rest of the interior ok..especially when the floor is covered in dirt and dead grass :rolleyes:

bbqrose
30-05-2007, 04:12 PM
looks i got jibbed with the clips....... does anyone have a photo of these clips?

anarchycamp
30-05-2007, 04:16 PM
http://216.54.222.124/itemimages/thumb/thumb_1K1061271P.jpg

They basically just slot through the hole like in this pic and twist to keep in place.

They are only in the front by the way.

bbqrose
30-05-2007, 04:31 PM
thanks for the pic,
the only thing i got to slot through the hole is a small cylinder shapped thing stuck to the ground with no clip........

anarchycamp
30-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Not sure if the FSI's are meant to have them or not but sounds like maybe the bit that twists has popped off? not sure?

seems pointless to have something there that doesnt firmly attach the mats...tried to find a picture of what i meant but no luck....will take one for you when i get the chance.

bbqrose
30-05-2007, 05:48 PM
cheers, thanks for your help.
well right now they do seem pretty pointless, every time i get in the car they move around

bbqrose
02-06-2007, 09:30 AM
went back to the dealer and asked him about the mats. he told me that the mats they put in are the wrong ones!, said there are 2 types, one being like the pic posted and the other ones supposidly have a circular hole and clips in... strange... anyway said i can keep my current ones until they get the new ones in in 2 months!

acdcfan
02-06-2007, 11:02 AM
thanks for the pic,
the only thing i got to slot through the hole is a small cylinder shapped thing stuck to the ground with no clip........

I got clips on the floor ( MY07 2.0 TDI) and they move and twist but I don't have genuine floor mats.

neil
12-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Noticed today at Big W floor mat clips @ $20.00
Not sure how they attach to the floor but they look
like a hole is required through the mat.
Might be worth it for those without the real thing.
Neil.

RustyBino
29-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Do yourself a favour and have a look at the rubber mats supplied by VW. My TDI 2.0 came with rubber fitted. Front ones clip as discussed, rear ones don't clip but are such a snug fit. Really look great

neil
29-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Do yourself a favour and have a look at the rubber mats supplied by VW. My TDI 2.0 came with rubber fitted. Front ones clip as discussed, rear ones don't clip but are such a snug fit. Really look great
Hey RustyBingo.

Any chance of some pic's
My dealer did not give me a choice.
I just presumed they will come with cloth mats.
That is, if I ever get the car.
Neil.

VW Convert
29-08-2007, 05:37 PM
That is, if I ever get the car.
Neil.

Still waiting Neil? How long now?

Cheers

George

neil
30-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Still waiting Neil? How long now?

Cheers

George

The time its delivered December will be 6 months.
Why why why ???????